"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become Germanized ?!" - Ben Franklin

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-trashing-immigrants/?utm_term=.b7deb6644d35

LOL - It's almost like living in tribes was the better option for humanity.

"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-trashing-immigrants/?utm_term=.b7deb6644d35

Its almost like the influx of "another tribe" didn't destroy pennsylvania.

Ask the Indians what they think of this.
Touche, but I was pretty clearly referring to Ben Franklin's "anglo" pennsylvania not getting destroyed just because germans immigrated.

It's almost like comparing Amish to ISIS, I mean, apples to oranges.

Pennsylvania seems to be doing ok.
It's a miracle those Amish savages didn't annihilate the Angles. Surely this is evidence that accepting fighting aged males with Wahhabi ideals into our great land will go smoothly. After all, look how well the Europeans have done with them.

But this is it.

This is the time immigration will surely destroy America.

But this is it.

This is the time immigration will surely destroy America.

Here's the difference. Germans immigrated here, whereas blacks were forced he from Africa via slavery, and most Mexicans view the southwest as stolen land.
The reason Europeans assimilated is because they all came here willingly.

It's also why Jews, Indians, and Asians prosper and assimilate here in the US - because they wanted to become American !

Here's the difference. Germans immigrated here, whereas blacks were forced he from Africa via slavery, and most Mexicans view the southwest as stolen land.

It's also why Jews, Indians, and Asians prosper and assimilate here in the US - because they wanted to become American !

Mexicans are unbelievably hard workers and ridiculously hospitable; those are the personal impressions and experiences I have of them from time spent in both the US and Mexico. The government is quite corrupt and there's a cartel problem in the country but it makes up such a miniscule percentage of the general populace. Most of the associated gang activity and such comes from US-born people of Mexican descent although again the majority of Chicanos are quite well assimilated into American culture and life.

I wasn't force as an American via slavery. I immigrated. Quit bunching all of us together. Also, under your premise, aren't all natural-born Americans "forced" to be Americans?

Germans living stateside were actually treated like dog shit by the US Government and larger part of the citizenry in light of the hysteria brought on by World War I. There was a concentrated effort to crush the culture and thriving 'Little Germania' enclaves prevalent all throughout the Northern/Midwest United States at the time and reduce them to tattered remnants with several lynchings even taking place. That effort largely succeeded and is a big reason why most German-Americans have no connection to their homeland of origin today, particularly if their families were in the US prior to that.

Or its almost like anyone can have wrong beliefs and ideas no matter how smart they are.

And all tribes are the same, right?

What black person have you ever met that was forced to be here via slavery? Are the people who came here from Africa last year come in chains?

Touche, but I was pretty clearly referring to Ben Franklin's "anglo" pennsylvania not getting destroyed just because germans immigrated.

Where did the angles, saxons, and jutes from from??? Could it be ..... GERMANY?

Could English be a . . . Germanic language?

Fact is that Germany and England were both western European christian countries with the same value system.

So the germans of those times were as low iq and came with similar cultural savagery and hatred for women as the migrant africans and muslims of current day ?

I am curious of where you might draw the line. By the way I automatically dismiss someone with NO line as either idiotic or dishonest. But I assume that most people do have a line. For instance, do you know anything about the 1921 Immigration Act and do you think it addressed legitimate problems and concerns. The stark difference in cultural mores between the mass immigrating Southern Italians and 'native' New Yorkers between 1880 and 1920 caused problems in New York City (and other places) that lingered for decades and only began to become acceptably manageable in the mid-1980s. And furthermore it could have been avoided. Any big city will have its problems over time in any case but there are some problems due to wrong-headed immigration policies that are quite easily avoidable and unnecessary. I wrote two senior papers on this in college, one a special projects class in which I was able to access/amass a pretty good sized bibliography on the topic.

The crime families that originated out of the New York City Sicilian mafia gangs introduced a culture of corruption (bribery, graft, etc) into all levels of business and government, a deep gangrenous rot that culminated in the myriad scandals of the 1970s.

And I defy anyone to tell me, "well it would have probably happened anyway." NOPE, not nearly to that degree and the lion's share of the blame goes to the unfettered mass immigration policies of the pre-1921 Immigration Act.

It could have been avoided.
It did not have to happen.
It shouldn't have happened.

And I defy anyone to tell me, "well it would have probably happened anyway." NOPE, not nearly to that degree and the lion's share of the blame goes to the unfettered mass immigration policies of the pre-1921 Immigration Act.

The lions share of the blame goes to the Anglo Saxon Community treating Italians like dog shit due to their ethnic/religious difference. They were segregated into slums and their work opportunities dramatically reduced. It's no small wonder a people are going to turn to crime to survive.

The Italian mob wouldn't have boomed the way it did if the Italians were allowed to integrate into society with everyone else from the start.

Last edited:
So the germans of those times were as low iq and came with similar cultural savagery and hatred for women as the migrant africans and muslims of current day ?

No, that would be the anglos, under common law the women was property of his husband, thats an even lower standard than sharia.

Although i dont know what kind of law Germans followed at the time.

Back