"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become Germanized ?!" - Ben Franklin

The lions share of the blame goes to the Anglo Saxon Community treating Italians like dog shit due to their ethnic/religious difference. They were segregated into slums and their work opportunities dramatically reduced. It's no small wonder a people are going to turn to crime to survive.

The Italian mob wouldn't have boomed the way it did if the Italians were allowed to integrate into society with everyone else from the start.

Bullshit. The Sicilians flocked to their enclaves, never learned English well, kept old world customs, and brought old world organized crime with them. The mafia's first victims were Italian Immigrants who were able to make some money in the new world.

Europe has seen muslim immigration for well over 50yrs now.
Germany has seen big immigration waves from Poland (late 1800s),Southern Europe incl. Turkey (early 1950s) & Eastern Europe (1970s &80s).All of them have integrated well after early Problems.
Just one group still hasnt integrated: Turks/Arabs
I wonder what the difference between Turks/Arabs and those other immigrant groups could be..............
couscous

Mexicans are unbelievably hard workers and ridiculously hospitable; those are the personal impressions and experiences I have of them from time spent in both the US and Mexico. The government is quite corrupt and there's a cartel problem in the country but it makes up such a miniscule percentage of the general populace. Most of the associated gang activity and such comes from US-born people of Mexican descent although again the majority of Chicanos are quite well assimilated into American culture and life.

You have never had to live around illegals and their anchor babies who turn into gang members. My local police blotter is like 80% Mexican names. When I was poor I was surrounded by fucking all sorts of Latino gang fuckery.

Germans and Brits ethnically arent all that different hence the integration.

This is like comparing italians and say spanish.

From article:
the United States has a long and ugly history of hostility toward immigrants that dates all the way back to pre-revolutionary times. Here are some of my favorite examples.

First here’s Benjamin Franklin, in 1751,

Cannot take it serious if the writer won't even quote an event from the correct timeline of events.

Germans living stateside were actually treated like dog shit by the US Government and larger part of the citizenry in light of the hysteria brought on by World War I. There was a concentrated effort to crush the culture and thriving 'Little Germania' enclaves prevalent all throughout the Northern/Midwest United States at the time and reduce them to tattered remnants with several lynchings even taking place. That effort largely succeeded and is a big reason why most German-Americans have no connection to their homeland of origin today, particularly if their families were in the US prior to that.
The same happened in Brazil, germans were persecuted and forced to drop their language and heritage. Only a few isolated villages remain where they still speak german. There was a famous Adolf's bar(Bar do Adolfo) that had to change name to Bar Luiz because they thought it referenced Hitler, it was actually the owner's name.
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Luiz

Japanese migration was also curtailed after they didn't want to assimilate and kept speaking and writing in Japanese and creating their own enclaves.

Germans and Brits ethnically arent all that different hence the integration.

This is like comparing italians and say spanish.
Exactly, very different groups have a much harder time integrating. Blacks have never properly integrated into American society and still riot and claim they live under white supremacy. It's a failure regardless, if white supremacy is real they are not integrated, if it's false they're not integrated because they riot against a false enemy.

Bullshit. The Sicilians flocked to their enclaves, never learned English well, kept old world customs, and brought old world organized crime with them. The mafia's first victims were Italian Immigrants who were able to make some money in the new world.

Of course a great deal of European migrants brought various level of mafiosos with them but the Italian mobs biggest boom was a result of Prohibition which itself was racially charged as WASPs deluded themselves into thinking American values were under attack by negroes and various European ethic groups and banning alcohol would only predominantly effect them.

If people like the Italians were not treated poorly The police could have rooted out the initial criminal element they brought with them. Instead they allowed it to fester then America literally handed a smaller criminal organization an enormous enterprise on a silver platter all due to their own nonsensical racial views.

Its almost like the influx of "another tribe" didn't destroy pennsylvania.

It's almost like the two tribes in question had somewhat similar if not the same foundation upon which their respective cultures were built...something that helped them, you know, settle their differences and give birth to a new, functioning society.

Of course a great deal of European migrants brought various level of mafiosos with them but the Italian mobs biggest boom was a result of Prohibition which itself was racially charged as WASPs deluded themselves into thinking American values were under attack by negroes and various European ethic groups and banning alcohol would only predominantly effect them.

If people like the Italians were not treated poorly The police could have rooted out the initial criminal element they brought with them. Instead they allowed it to fester then America literally handed a smaller criminal organization an enormous enterprise on a silver platter all due to their own nonsensical racial views.

Please use your sentences next time. Jeez man, you're way better than that.

Wasp values were under attack by southern European and Irish Catholics; and holy moly did they lose that fight. It was allowed to fester because American's allowed these groups to settle in their own enclaves and largely police themselves. It was a "live and let live" approach to immigration and the development of enclaves that led to the "enormous empire," not the result of being treated poorly.

The more I think of it enclaves are really a dangerous thing.

Indians are highly self selected. Asians and Jews don't have the historical and psychological baggage of the Black and Native American expereince. Asians did face discrimination but they came here voluntarily and weren't treated remotely as bad as Blacks and Native peoples were.

ummm - thanks for rewording everything I already wrote .... ?

It's also why Jews, Indians, and Asians prosper and assimilate here in the US - because they wanted to become American !

Yaaaaaawn. Will this dumbass idea ever go away?

Newest Immigrants Assimilating as Fast as Previous Ones, Report Says

The newest generations of immigrants are assimilating into American society as fast and broadly as the previous ones, with their integration increasing over time “across all measurable outcomes,” according to a report published on Monday by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/22/...ilating-as-well-as-past-ones-report-says.html

OP is a logical fallacy posing as an argument.

"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-trashing-immigrants/?utm_term=.b7deb6644d35

LOL - It's almost like living in tribes was the better option for humanity.

I always thought it was so cute that this guy had a Liev Schreiber avatar while being an unhinged right wing nutjob.

Liev Schreiber is so liberal it makes me cringe a bit.

Its almost like the influx of "another tribe" didn't destroy pennsylvania.

Because they other tribe assimilated well. There isn't exactly a massive german speaking population in Pennsylvania now, is there? So it goes back to what the right has been saying about immigration...ability to assimilate is key.

Back