Why the hell isn't Suikoden on PS4?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I'm fucking pissed. I'm going through the PlayStation store trying to buy Suikoden 1 and 2 and they're not showing up. After researching, it's not available for PS4. Only PS3 and Vita.

That's how most PS1 Classics are (even mega popular games like RE2). You just now found this out?
Actually, I'm not sure if ANY PS1 Classic is on PS4.

Instead of taking my 10 bucks, these fucks forced me to just download the game and play on an emulator.

You should pick up a PS Vita if you can find a deal on one honestly, It has a big library of ps1 classics. I got one for a deal awhile back was gonna sell it but then I realized it's a great system exactly for classics so I kept it.

Instead of taking my 10 bucks, these fucks forced me to just download the game and play on an emulator.
I did the same thing with RE1. They only have the shitty Dual Shock version on PSN.

You should pick up a PS Vita if you can find a deal on one honestly, It has a big library of ps1 classics. I got one for a deal awhile back was gonna sell it but then I realized it's a great system exactly for classics so I kept it.
PSP all the way. It's cheaper and the PS1 emulation is probably the best, even better than the PS2.
PS1 emulation on Vita isn't bad or anything though, just not as good.

None of the PS1 classics are.

That's why I have a vita. it's my mobile PS1 rpg machine. Have Suikoden 1/2, Wild Arms 1/2, FFVII/VIII/IX, FFT: WotL, Vagrant Story, Legend of Dragoon, BoF IV, Front Mission 3, Alundra, CT, Xenogears, Lunar, : SSH, RE:2 (just reading off my download list).

Of course I got mine for free, wouldn't recommend buying one just for PS1 classics. Just emulate them. There are enough stable emulators out there.

I'm using EPSXE and I can't get my PS4 controller using DS4Windows to work

That's how most PS1 Classics are (even mega popular games like RE2). You just now found this out?

It seems to be PS1 on PS3 (plus that added bonus of being able to play your PS1 discs on PS3) and PS2 on PS4 by the looks of it.

Found an old PS2 controller and a USB converter. I'm good to go.

I downloaded Suikoden 1 and 2.

I know you’re talking about the PS1 original, but technically the first Resident Evil is on PS4, the HD remake.
That's technically called Resident Evil: HD Remaster. Otherwise known as REmake.

I'm fucking pissed. I'm going through the PlayStation store trying to buy Suikoden 1 and 2 and they're not showing up. After researching, it's not available for PS4. Only PS3 and Vita.

My 2 favorite RPGs of all time. I hardly ever hear anyone talk about them. I actually played the second one recently because I had never recruited all the characters before to get the good ending. It was so worth it.

Damn, I googled Suikoden PS4 and this thread was on the front page. I know a few of them are on the PS3, but I don't want to have to get that out to play. I was really hankering to play 2.

There are none (except maybe remakes or something, but no actual PS1 games). I never understood why the PS4 isn't even compatible with PS1 disc games, since emulating them is a joke and all the other Playstations play them.

I wish Sony would just start selling *updated* Fat PS3s again. That was the peak of playstations for me and it's been downhill since. I have a decent collection of old ps1, 2 and 3 games and have no reliable way to play them in legal fashion through HDMI without buying a loud as fuck, soon to die PS3.... as far as I know. I'd love to be corrected though.

I'd have honestly rather bought a new PS3 than a new PS5.

There are none (except maybe remakes or something, but no actual PS1 games). I never understood why the PS4 isn't even compatible with PS1 disc games, since emulating them is a joke and all the other Playstations play them.
Even the Vita can play them and it doesn’t use POPS like the PSP.

Think I'll be starting another play through.

1-3 are fun, 4 kinda lost me.

Back