Why the US does not really have a deficit with the EU

The Trump Doctrine? Thomas Jefferson? I have no idea tbh, Rod. I'm not pro-Trump, I am pro-America and that is it. I don't give a fuck about all the rest of that and those aren't moves that are to my liking nor have my endorsement for really, a large number of reasons. It would be a potentially disastrous situation for Germany. I want China confronted in a very direct and hostile manner with the linking of a multitude of issues that previously haven't been. I actually think the EU could be an asset in that area because they share a lot of the same complaints and concerns.

Thats the underlying issue, there is no plan, Trump is doing it for political purposes, Peter Navarro has absolutely no business anywhere.

You're already doing your best damn job to discriminate and bilk against American tech. It's not working. All the GDPR succeeded in doing with Facebook was in catalyzing them to come up with a creative solution to basically ship your users over to American shores:
Facebook to put 1.5bn users out of reach of new EU GDPR privacy law

Yeah, god forbid some countries actually do something against russian social engineering.

And if we're gonna do the thing we where don't just talk about trade imbalances within the context of trade, but all profit/cost offsets and imbalances, then I want your NATO deficits factored in. I want your derivative IP-market with regard to pharmaceuticals and how basically you're all piggybacking off American consumer dollars:
Why Do Drugs Cost Less in Canada?

Heads up to all sherdoggers not used to waddling through research.

If you find an article that talks about numbers, yet presents no numbers, its not really an article, its merely an opinion.

Drug prices are expensive in the US because you have a for profit system. US drug companies spend far more literally bribing doctors than in R&D.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...esearch/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a8f6e2b6017f

And the whole "US has to charge more to recoup R&D" has long been debunked.

https://www.citizen.org/sites/default/files/rdmyths.pdf

Of course to actually understand the issue you may need to wade through relativelly long articles with small letters, charts and a pretty boring research paper writing style.

There's so many damn ways like this that you Europeans are being carried by Americans, and you take it all for granted. You're so damn ungrateful.

Again with this "being carried", to imply being free.

This is like United Airlines saying "Be fucking glad you dont have to drive thanks to us, bitch, we will beat as many people and kill as many pets as we want fucking freeloader." as if you didnt paid for the ticket, just because you arent in the aviation sector doesnt means you are leeching off it when you take an airplane.

Yeah, the US is a leader in innovation, and that innovation isnt free, as @JDragon pointed out, Europeans shell out an excess 100 billions for said innovation.

Maybe you need Trump to remind you what a sweet deal you've had. I want to do business, but don't talk to me about my best interests like I would ever in a million fucking years be stupid enough to believe that you'd put my interests before yours. We Americans have reached our tether with this attitude.

This is you and most Trump supporters on the trade war.

i092_th_dog_reflection.jpg

The EU trade surplus with the US is used to purchase US services, eliminating the surplus wont make the US "richer" it will simply reorganize the economic relationship until it finds a balance, and meanwhile it will spook markets and probably lead to another global recession.

Last edited:
If I followed Trump's logic I would have to stop shopping at Target because I have a Trade Deficit with them.

This, the fact that Trumpites cant even wrap their head around such obvious economic reality is mind-blogging.

This is exactly like trying to argue with Chavistas on spanish forums.

Yeah, god forbid some countries actually do something against russian social engineering.

Heads up to all sherdoggers not used to waddling through research.

If you find an article that talks about numbers, yet presents no numbers, its not really an article, its merely an opinion.

Drug prices are expensive in the US because you have a for profit system. US drug companies spend far more literally bribing doctors than in R&D.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...esearch/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a8f6e2b6017f

And the whole "US has to charge more to recoup R&D" has long been debunked.

https://www.citizen.org/sites/default/files/rdmyths.pdf
LOL, predictably, here comes the Mexican who is constantly crying, "That wall isn't in your interest!" while nobody for a second believes he is ignorant to the amount of money sent home to Mexico from these illegal American laborers. You are the perfect Sherdog poster to come represent the attitude I have described. None better exists.

The money our pharma spend on their physician relationships is highly troubling, but irrelevant to what I said. Furthermore, your progressive think tank's 2001 report executive summary focuses on the risks and profits of the American pharmaceutical industry rather than who is principally generating the cash to drive it. After all, I didn't nail that comment to government spending.
Again with this "being carried", to imply being free.

This is like United Airlines saying "Be fucking glad you dont have to drive thanks to us, bitch, we will beat as many people and kill as many pets as we want fucking freeloader." as if you didnt paid for the ticket.

Yeah, the US is a leader in innovation, and that innovation isnt free, as @JDragon pointed out, Europeans shell out an excess 100 billions for said innovation.
No, they patronize American companies in Europe because European companies couldn't provide those services or fill those needs/demands, and so that culture arose. This is not the same as European consumers benefiting from the disproportionate American capital injection into these same companies, and reaping the benefits of those services, merely because of price-control fixtures and patent structures in their own countries.
This is you and most Trump supporters on the trade war.

i092_th_dog_reflection.jpg

The EU trade surplus with the US is used to purchase US services, eliminating the surplus wont make the US "richer" it will simply reorganize the economic relationship until it finds a balance, and meanwhile it will spook markets and probably lead to another global recession.
Trump's going to get that sunset clause on NAFTA, and for damn good reason. Americans are wise to demand these agreements are constantly renegotiated and reviewed for renewal. They should be no different than politicians.

Personally, I"m not too keen on losing Canada's requirement to sell us 50% of their oil exports, but the fact these agreements shouldn't exist in perpetuity isn't at all an irrational or unreasonable demand. Trump got that part right at the G7. This bothers you, and it bothers Europeans. I can't imagine the 13 reasons why...

wouldn't that auto industry change w/ Brexit?

b/c you take them away, and you're left w/ a lot of Skodas/Peugots/Reynaults and other shitty small cars

LOL, predictably, here comes the Mexican who is constantly crying, "That wall isn't in your interest!" while nobody for a second believes he is ignorant to the amount of money sent home to Mexico from these illegal American laborers. You are the perfect Sherdog poster to come represent the attitude I have described. None better exists.

Im pretty sure Mexico's stance is "We wont pay for your fucking wall", we dont give a shit if you want to build a white elephant in the border to satisfy your orange strongman wannabe, just build it on your side.

Maybe like your Dear Leader Trump you are confusing "Every brown person" for "Mexicans", in Mexico the only thing we care about is the USD-MXN exchange rate.

The money our pharma spend on their physician relationships is highly troubling, but irrelevant to what I said. Furthermore, your progressive think tank's 2001 report executive summary focuses on the risks and profits of the American pharmaceutical industry rather than who is principally generating the cash to drive it. After all, I didn't nail that comment to government spending.

Sorry i cant dumb it down any more than that, all the other sources are more technical, so if your liberal arts degree isnt enough to understand basic math there is nothing i can do to help.

The FACT is that the US pharma costs have absolutely ZERO to do with R&D or the rest of the world at all.

No, they patronize American companies in Europe because European companies couldn't provide those services or fill those needs/demands, and so that culture arose. This is not the same as European consumers benefiting from the disproportionate American capital injection into these same companies, and reaping the benefits of those services, merely because of price-control fixtures and patent structures in their own countries.

If it is not the same then why post said article? You pointed out an article in which the EU is trying to stop facebook from actively participating in social engineering. How does that relates to whatever point you are trying to make is beyond me.

Trump's going to get that sunset clause on NAFTA, and for damn good reason. Americans are wise to demand these agreements are constantly renegotiated and reviewed for renewal. They should be no different than politicians.

No it wont, Mexico will pull out of NAFTA before accepting a clause that makes any long term investment meaningless.

Far better to trade under WTO rules than to be used as political football in the retardnessfest that its modern American politics.

Personally, I"m not too keen on losing Canada's requirement to sell us 50% of their oil exports, but the fact these agreements shouldn't exist in perpetuity isn't at all an irrational or unreasonable demand. Trump got that part right at the G7. This bothers you, and it bothers Europeans. I can't imagine the 13 reasons why...

If NAFTA exists in perpetuity why is it being renegotiated?

Im pretty sure Mexico's stance is "We wont pay for your fucking wall", we dont give a shit if you want to build a white elephant in the border to satisfy your orange strongman wannabe, just build it on your side.
bfo-rlmente.jpg

You're so easy to manipulate.
Pretty much this.

Its a great deal for Democrats, it will help actual people and Republicans are quite likely to stop midway on the wall when they see the idiocy and futility of it.

Its a win-win for Democrats politically if you ask me, they get DACA and they allow Republicans to look like fools wasting billions.
It's obvious to everyone to see how deeply, emotionally un-invested you are in this proposed wall being built, and that you don't seek to convince the ones who want to build it that it isn't in their best interest.
http://forums.sherdog.com/search/133764115/?q=wall&o=date&c[user][0]=281633

giphy.gif

Stop thinking you're smart enough to hide your intent, and stop thinking we're stupid enough to believe that your intent doesn't reflect the sincerity of your beliefs in what is best for you first.

bfo-rlmente.jpg

You're so easy to manipulate.

Actually, no, im quite aware that you are trying to derail this topic after you showed the economic literacy of a Chavista supporter and when presented with facts you do what all Chavistas do, which is "attack the messenger".

It's obvious to everyone to see how deeply, emotionally un-invested you are in this proposed wall being built, and that you don't seek to convince the ones who want to build it that it isn't in their best interest.

I dont see the point you are trying to make here.

I pointed out that we dont care about the wall, and you searched a post where i said that DACA for The Wall™ is a great deal because The Wall™ is a project that cant stand in its own legs?

Stop thinking you're smart enough to hide your intent, and stop thinking we're stupid enough to believe that your intent doesn't reflect the sincerity of your beliefs in what is best for you first.

"Look how rustled European leaders are, that means Trump is doing a great job".

You got sucked into admiring Trump for the very same reason everyone is, he rustles people and thus speaks towards people's resentment, its a pretty common populist social engineering tactic in the third world. Just never thought i would see it so widespreadly used in America.

Trump is speaking to your irrational resentment of Europeans.

Actually, no, im quite aware that you are trying to derail this topic after you showed the economic literacy of a Chavista supporter and when presented with facts you do what all Chavistas do, which is "attack the messenger".

I dont see the point you are trying to make here.

I pointed out that we dont care about the wall, and you searched a post where i said that DACA for The Wall™ is a great deal because The Wall™ is a project that cant stand in its own legs?

"Look how rustled European leaders are, that means Trump is doing a great job".

You got sucked into admiring Trump for the very same reason everyone is, he rustles people and thus speaks towards people's resentment, its a pretty common populist social engineering tactic in the third world. Just never thought i would see it so widespreadly used in America.

Trump is speaking to your irrational resentment of Europeans.
No, I've tersely addressed your poorly wrought apologism, but that wasn't my objective with you, or my primary objective with this thread.

Listen to yourself. You're unhinged. You're ranting, "We'll never sign a sunset clause to NAFTA! We'll just pull out!" So, rather than sign a clause which merely creates a procedure for both sides to reconsider the deal on a certain interval, and determine if it remains as fair and well-balanced as the day it was created, in order to save it, you're going to sink Trump's attempt to sink NAFTA (a campaign promise) by...sinking NAFTA?

He spun you like a top. You can't tell your ass from true north. It's difficult not to interpret this as spite.

My objective here was to demonstrate your disingenuous, deliberately misleading intent. It's common in so many foreigners who lecture Americans from a position of inferiority.

No, I've tersely addressed your poorly wrought apologism, but that wasn't my objective with you, or my primary objective with this thread.

Yet, you have effectively stopped talking about how you thought the EU "freerides the US" on the subject of drugs and IT services.

Listen to yourself. You're unhinged. You're ranting, "We'll never sign a sunset clause to NAFTA! We'll just pull out!" So, rather than sign a clause which merely creates a procedure for both sides to reconsider the deal on a certain interval, and determine if it remains as fair and well-balanced as the day it was created, in order to save it, you're going to sink Trump's attempt to sink NAFTA (a campaign promise) by...sinking NAFTA?

The clause would create a political stunt to be used in the American retarded political system every 5 years which of course would create a political element in what ought to be merely a trade agreement.

Nobody would plan their long term investments based on a treaty that is guaranteed to get political every 5 years.

It would be far better to simply fall back to WTO rules that are guaranteed to give more stability, even if it causes a minor but weathereable bump in the country's economy.

Of course the US could also "pull out" from the WTO, but at that point the US isnt fucking just with Mexico and Canada, its fucking with the entire global market.

He spun you like a top. You can't tell your ass from true north. It's difficult not to interpret this as spite.

“Ah you think third world politics is your ally? You merely adopted third world politics. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see an honest politician until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but false hope!”

My objective here was to demonstrate your disingenuous, deliberately misleading intent. It's common in so many foreigners who lecture Americans from a position of inferiority.

Your objective was to lash out your resentment towards Europeans because "They think they are better than you" due to having far better life quality standards with far less resources as a rule of thumb.

You were shown the idiocy of your statements with facts and now you try to lash against the Mexican, since bashing Mexicans seems like an easy target.

How much does Europe spend on defending the routes that make international trade possible?

Last edited:
Thats the underlying issue, there is no plan, Trump is doing it for political purposes, Peter Navarro has absolutely no business anywhere.

There is no 'foreign policy', so perhaps not.

We're America, Bitch.

How much does Europe spend on defending the routes that make international trade possible?

"It's Happening!"

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-west-no-longer-exists-geopolitics.3762289/

Back