Why the World has started to hire workers by CV?

never got a job through cv, only recommendations seem to matter.
i know a lot of HR people and most of the cvs just go to the trash literally immediately
I landed my previous job just by applying online seven years ago.

Since I've moved out here, I didn't have much by way of connections. I've received about six calls since moving here and have had three in person interviews in three months. The ratio isn't great, but it's always possible to get a job by randomly applying.

The thing is, for the types of positions we are talking about, you know the ones that require cv’s, there isn’t any just walk in and talk to anybody.

The receptionist will tell you to apply online and fuck off.
What happened bud? Did my friends dad comment hit too close to home?

Someone gave you that oppourtunity then and working in a foriegn country sounds awful. You dont get pipeline jobs without knowing someone in the union, I know cause I was offered one at 18 but I dont like handouts.

Acting like a bragging asshole on the internet doesnt make you a better person either.

I’m not a good person and I know it, I’m a realist.

And lol at unions, not all areas are union run.

I started working at a pipeline company by my house that was small mom and pop, mowing their yard and shit, sweeping shop after school in high school.

Worked for them in the summers going to school and getting my cv around to bigger international companies. With better paying higher profile positions.

You can’t just walk into those.

My CV is filled with straight bullshit, the amount of lies is staggering. It helps that the HR girls are dumb as dogshit have know idea about the positions there hiring for and basically look what I call buzz words when looking through your resume

Last edited:
I stocked shelves on a night crew at Zellers (what’s Zellers, right?) once when I was 25.

Yes, I’m old.

How much experience do you need to stock shelves anyway? They teach you that in a couple of hours.

Don't they move stuff every time they stock shelves so shoppers can't find anything and have to look around?

Don't they move stuff every time they stock shelves so shoppers can't find anything and have to look around?

Yeah lol and impulse racks to make you buy more shit. It’s like Jedi mind tricks.

It’s a test of 50 or so questions that supposedly give you a personality assessment to see if you are a fit for a particular line of work. It’s mainly to see if you are a salesman type, or more analytical accountant type, or an antisocial stock boy type. The questions are hard to fake as the new ones have double questions hidden in the test worded differently, and also a lot of questions that have you rank the way you feel about things 1-5....It creates a pattern so it’s hard to fake what you really are. I test off the charts for Sales, presentations, public speaking, etc...If I didn’t they wouldn’t hire me.

I think those are just bullshit tests to see if you want the job bad enough to complete said bullshit test.

I’m not a good person and I know it, I’m a realist.

And lol at unions, not all areas are union run.

I started working at a pipeline company by my house that was small mom and pop, mowing their yard and shit, sweeping shop after school in high school.

Worked for them in the summers going to school and getting my cv around to bigger international companies. With better paying higher profile positions.

You can’t just walk into those.
If thats truly what happend, cool good for you. I know the pipeliners are all union based in ca and pretty much everywhere else. I mentioned several times you cant walk in everywhere but you can do research. If i wanted to work for a pipeliner though, i could very easly walk into ARB or any other big pipelining company, ask who the local foreman is for that division and try to speak to him. If not, i could get his email or some other form of contact. Everyone has an office. Doesnt mean it would work but if it didnt, i would be in the same position as before.

If thats truly what happend, cool good for you. I know the pipeliners are all union based in ca and pretty much everywhere else. I mentioned several times you cant walk in everywhere but you can do research. If i wanted to work for a pipeliner though, i could very easly walk into ARB or any other big pipelining company, ask who the local foreman is for that division and try to speak to him. If not, i could get his email or some other form of contact. Everyone has an office. Doesnt mean it would work but if it didnt, i would be in the same position as before.
To get a lower end job yes, but not for an international projects engineer type position.

Local Forman’s are way under that and would have no idea what top place positions are available

I think those are just bullshit tests to see if you want the job bad enough to complete said bullshit test.

The old ones were. The new ones are intricate. They can actually determine if you are answering honestly. My last manager said every time they went against the test and took a shot on a guy, it didn’t work out as the person did not have the personality for the job.

The old ones were. The new ones are intricate. They can actually determine if you are answering honestly. My last manager said every time they went against the test and took a shot on a guy, it didn’t work out as the person did not have the personality for the job.

But for Walmart though? C’mon.

<{pranko}>

It’s a test of 50 or so questions that supposedly give you a personality assessment to see if you are a fit for a particular line of work. It’s mainly to see if you are a salesman type, or more analytical accountant type, or an antisocial stock boy type. The questions are hard to fake as the new ones have double questions hidden in the test worded differently, and also a lot of questions that have you rank the way you feel about things 1-5....It creates a pattern so it’s hard to fake what you really are. I test off the charts for Sales, presentations, public speaking, etc...If I didn’t they wouldn’t hire me.

That's not a traditional wonderlic test. A wonderlic test is an aptitude/intelligence test with right or wrong answers.

I don't like writing cover letters. What annoys me the most is having to type up and submit your work history online when it is all on the attached resume.

Agreed. Also, the statement of qualifications is fucking annoying. It’s pretty much the same shit as is on the resume’.

The people in the thread who have lied on their resume. Do your employers not do background checks? Every time we hire a person we do a pretty stringent background check and people get found out really fast.

My younger brother who went for a part time job at a supermarket whilst he is at uni not only had to put in a CV but had to do an online test to determine if you get an interview. He got the interview but was told he would be surprised how many failed this test and didn't get a call back.

Thats embarrassing if you fail a test to be a shelf stacker lol

In the US they have applicant tracking systems that scan your resume for keywords and filter out only the most relevant hires or people with experience at the top companies. Often times your resume will never be looked ay a human being.

I don't like writing cover letters. What annoys me the most is having to type up and submit your work history online when it is all on the attached resume.
Yeah makes applying so time consuming . The Internet and lazy HR have broken how people get jobs

This has been happening for years, not just ghetto names, but really foreign sounding names as well. These idiots just might be the first to come out and say it.

You're right. Terrorist sounding names like Osama, Mohammed, etc.

Back