Opinion Why US spends so much on the army?

It's actually behind Switzerland and Norway in terms of education and I didn't necessarily say the US doesn't spend enough but of course that isn't really the root of the problem, particularly in regards to having worse health outcomes than countries which spend far less (lack of regulation and intervention in medical pricing). I'm just tired of the country playing world police and blowing twice as much annually on shit like the OCO fund than what the NIH receives, particularly given the value generated from the latter - 'would' is also the operative word, because it isn't realistic at this juncture.
How come Japan and South Korea spend vastly less on education than we do and have larger class sizes than we do and have much smarter students? How come Japanese Americans and Korean Americans also do amazing in the "terrible" US education system? How come Asian Americans have a life expectancy of 87 years old in the "terrible" US healthcare system?

Why are you so sure that the systems in place have anything to do with any of this?

Eh? The US has 14 active SSBNs prowling the oceans virtually undetectable. There are people at the highest levels of government that don't even know where the fuck they are at any given time.

The Trident II's it has on board re-enter the atmosphere at Mach 24 and split up into eight independent re-entry vehicles that each carry a 475 kiloton nuclear warhead. A full deployment from just one of them would let off 192 warheads in less than a minute and strike targets from distances of up to 12,000 km. So 2,688 nukes in 60 seconds or less if they all got busy. And that's just the SLBM leg of triad.
Oh thank God. I feel safe now

Why not use fraction of that sum and have 1000's of maintained and ready nukes instead. And use rest of the money for whatever US needs?

Just curious.

Because Zionists own and the run the American Government and use The US Army to expand Israeli interests in the middle east. This is why America obliterates all of Israels enemies in wars that the average American citizen has nothing to gain from.

This is the same group of people who own Hollywood, own the media, run The Federal Reserve, assassinated Kennedy, have made it illegal in over 15 European countries to question the Holocaust, attacked the USS Liberty, are the reason that there is no difference in foreign policy between Democrats and Republicans, have special interest groups around the world to silence anyone who criticizes them, lied to the US people about Iraqs weapons of mass destruction, are ethnically cleansing the Palestinian people, blame Muslims for everything, push multiculturalism for every first world country (while rejecting it in theirs), and blew up the twin towers on 911.

The late Jim Traficant tried to warn the American people, just as so many others have.

[yt]

Last edited:
They're actually already up for replacement, a dozen new Columbia-class SSBN's will replace them and serve from 2030-2085. The principal nuclear armament will consist of "only" 16 x D5 but given how hydro-acoustic sensing and processing technologies are always advancing, the stealth upgrades will be worth it. These things scare the piss out of China.

Lame though. Only 16 silos vs 24.

Id build one with 30 silos or one with 16 that can reload 2x. To fire 32

Eh? The US has 14 active SSBNs prowling the oceans virtually undetectable. There are people at the highest levels of government that don't even know where the fuck they are at any given time.

The Trident II's it has on board re-enter the atmosphere at Mach 24 and split up into eight independent re-entry vehicles that each carry a 475 kiloton nuclear warhead. A full deployment from just one of them would let off 192 warheads in less than a minute and strike targets from distances of up to 12,000 km. So 2,688 nukes in 60 seconds or less if they all got busy. And that's just the SLBM leg of triad.

Every sherpic works for a response here...

<1>

this is the coolest shit i've ever read on sherdog

It's a big world out there with territorial disputes, resource disputes, trade routes, etc. and the rest of the western world is too pacified to step up to the plate. So, the US has to do everything for them.

Without the US military, Europe and the rest of the western world would be blackmailed into submission or poverty by a million paper cuts. A "transit toll" on a trading route here, a withholding of a natural resource there because your media or a politician says or does something a country doesn't like........ The US protects you all from that to the point that you don't even realize that kind of thing happens all the time in the world.

Only the Western World can really blackmail or shake down one another. Even if we drop our spending by a lot, I dont think even Mexico with Guatemala, plus Honduras will finally be able to challenge us still.

The West can afford to cut MIC spending by quite a bit, and still have the qualitative edge over the 3rd world. Unless of course the West is afraid of China, or India. If they are then why they even bother doing business with them, and helping them get out of the 3rd world status? They wont be a threat to The West as long they still 3rd world. They cant get out of that status without The West sending them call centers, letting in their university students etc, etc.

Because threatening nuclear war doesnt do much these days. Either a)the country in question has nukes of their own and isnt scared or b)they dont have nukes and dont think we will use ours so they might be scared but wont back down.

Boots on the ground win wars. The U.S. military spends so much money because we cover all aspects of war;land,sea and air and then project that force across the entire planet. Come at us bro.

This is what I am saying. All your land, sea and air no matter how good can be easily decimated by nukes.

Look at China. Whats good their population when handful of Tsar bombs improved x10 can level entire China.

If I were a president of a medium country with medium GDP and nuke capability, do you think I would give a shit about nuclear winter if I had my country threaten?

Days where countries were fighting for turf are long over. And for another 1000 years or so no one has to fear about each other countries being taken over or attacked just because.

The issue will however start when earth will be depleted of resources. My only question is who strike first, US or Russia. US knows what they got on their soil. Russia in the other hand still got a nice chunk of earth unexplored.

Last edited:
I believe it is mostly about funneling money to the companies developing and manufacturing the weapons and equipment. The US spends more than anyone else when we have no threats from other countries.

The US doesn't exactly have an isolationist foreign policy.. Gotta be able to project power to play world police.. Fuck ye

What a new and interesting subject. Can't believe nobody had thought to make a thread about it until now....

Why not use fraction of that sum and have 1000's of maintained and ready nukes instead. And use rest of the money for whatever US needs?

Just curious.
Because the Army Ain't Ready for Marines Yet

This is what I am saying. All your land, sea and air no matter how good can be easily decimated by nukes.

Look at China. Whats good their population when handful of Tsar bombs improved x10 can level entire China.

No, they cannot. The WORLD can easily be decimated by nukes. But our military? Good luck nuking all of them without killing yourself. Get it?

No, they cannot. The WORLD can easily be decimated by nukes. But our military? Good luck nuking all of them without killing yourself. Get it?

Let me ask you this way:

Whats the odds of your country invading mine, knowing that there is 100s of missiles ready to hit your country mainland (every state capital)?

And what odds would be of Russia or any other nation invading US knowing there is 100s or 1000s of missiles ready to be used?

This is the point I am trying to make. Who would even threaten US to begin with? If tomorrow US scraps all military they got, leaving just nukes. They will be as feared as before.

'look, we kinda need money to fix our country so we scrapping military, but hey, nukes are still in working condition'

I wonder the outcome of the day when Russia starts threatening US over resources or vice versa. How you feel this is gonna play out? With troops? The day one country stop giving a shit will be over for everyone.

If not the size of Russia (which Russia believes its gonna play a major role in the future due to number of unexplored resources) they would have all reason to threaten rest of the world with ease.

Poverty, currency at rock bottom, crime, joblessness. They claim 4.1% unemployment yet when you look at this country its still mentally and physically in Soviet Union period. No progress whatsoever.

Its a weapon aimed at every american and human civilization in addition to whatever meaningless threat the government thinks up. Nukes are depressing.

Let me ask you this way:

Whats the odds of your country invading mine, knowing that there is 100s of missiles ready to hit your country mainland (every state capital)?

And what odds would be of Russia or any other nation invading US knowing there is 100s or 1000s of missiles ready to be used?

This is the point I am trying to make. Who would even threaten US to begin with? If tomorrow US scraps all military they got, leaving just nukes. They will be as feared as before.

'look, we kinda need money to fix our country so we scrapping military, but hey, nukes are still in working condition'

I wonder the outcome of the day when Russia starts threatening US over resources or vice versa. How you feel this is gonna play out? With troops? The day one country stop giving a shit will be over for everyone.
You think Russia is the only country in the world?

Back