Why was Axl so much better with ACDC?

Streeter

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I saw in the last 2 years Axl twice in Chicago with GNR at Soldier field and a year later at United United Center. I also saw him with ACDC while in New York visiting a friend at MSG.. AXL sounded like the old Axl with ACDC yet seemed either mail it in or show his age with GNR.. don't get me wrong I loved all the shows but his voice didn't seem to work nearly as well for his own Gun s Roses ad I did for ACDC where i think he killed it. It was like I was watching ACDC with Bon Scott.

Was it that he just liked playing with acdc more ? Or those songs,suited his voice better at this stage?

Would love a Gnr n ACDC tour with AXL doing 15 songs from each but don't know if that will happen.

ACDC's songs are slower and more simple with less words. A couple words here and there he can take deep breaths between

ACDC's songs are slower and more simple with less words. A couple words here and there he can take deep breaths between
Many gnr songs are alot slower .....especially the illusion stuff. But I get fewer words and being able to breathe more. Its just he really sounded like the old Axl with acdc especially the bon Scott songs. With gnr he sounded like a axl in his 50s..

Isn't it quite simple? Guns 'N' Roses songs are simply more complex and hence more dificcult to sing? Could you imagine Brian Johnson singing G 'N' Roses? Not saying he couldn't, but he probably wouldn't be the first choice as a replacement ...

I thought Axl sounded quite good when I saw gnr a year and a half ago.

Tons of possible reasons

I dont think its the difficulty of the music. Hes been singing those Gnr songs for years. He wrote his lyrics and phrases..

Singers have good days and bad days. Hes also a famous rockstar, and a big drinker if i remeber correctly

When you sing like Axel does throughout a tour, your voice is not gonna be at 100 percent every night

I'm thinking that fucking up his band with dudes he probably hates is fine whereas performing with legends is a bit of a motivator.

He's been doing the same songs for so long it was probably the shot in the arm he needed getting to perform with a different band with different songs. And yeah, i agree with the guy who said as much of a pile as Axl can be, he probably didn't want to fuck off while doing AC/DC songs.

He sounded fine both times I saw them on the last tour.

It's official Axl voice is now totally shot. Was at the show last night at Lucas Field. Slash is still great tho. The drop off with Axl last 2 years is pretty awful. Still a good time just expected a little more.

Because he's an all time great frontman and his vocal style suits their music.

Back