Why Wasn't the First Round of Conor vs. Nate 2 a 10-8?

This is coming from the fan base that universally accepted "I wasnt efficient with my energy" and had no problem with an instant rematch after getting choked out. Francis Ngannu has better cardio than Conor.

"The fanbase"

Lol this is the problem with this place

You don't have to say a single word about Conor and people are jumping down your throat thinking you're a Conor hater or a Conor scrotum licker

The fuck does Conor's cardio have to do with Diaz fans being crybaby bitches?

I'll wait

The round where conor got 2 knock downs was most certainly a 10-8 round...if that was in boxing, it would have been a 10-7 round...if scored now, it would most certainly be a 10-8 round...even back then, it should have been.
How it was a 10-8 ? Conor fans are really retarded and dont know shit about mma . Did you forget about the beating that nate gave conor in that round ?

Old rules and Nate popped up right away if memory serves. Also, Nate finished off round 2 in a very dominant fashion.

Under new rules round 1 would probably 10-8 and round 2 would be 10-9

Conor Fanboys = Conor won becuase he dropped nate multiple times.
Whittaker Fanboys = Dropping your opponent multiple times doesnt win you a fight.
Till Fanboys = TIll got the knockdown in round 5, he wins.

Ufc scoring is worse than boxing. o_O
Amen.

Pretty sure he got 1 knockdown in the first round. 2 in the second, which Nate closed out strong.

It was a close fight, but Conor won 3-2 IMO. 1,2,4 for Conor.

Because apparently Nate never got hurt by any of Conor's punches. He just tends to fall down when someone hits him hard.

I thought the fight was an extremely obvious 48-47 in Conor's favor. Lame that it was controversial.
The Diaz's go a cult of personality following. They could get murdered in the octagon and people would still say its a win........

Nah man, scoring was slightly different at the time of that fight..
Prior to the recent revisions in the judging criteria that Big John broke down in detail in a video somewhere (probably easy to find), a fighter either had to completely wreck their opponent for at least 4 out of the 5 minutes, or have a "saved by the bell" scenario to see a 10-8 round until recently. Now they hand them out a lot more frequently.

And the way fights were scored has changed, 10-8's have clearer criteria now

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1338586-10-most-lopsided-decisions-in-mma-history#slide1

These fights took place between 2003 and 2011. ALL of them include 10-8 rounds.

You gonna tell me GSP beat up 3 people worse than Conor beat Nate in that first round?

They went through a period where 10-8s weren't being awarded in spots where most people agreed they should have. That caused them to write it into the rules, to emphasize. But the general idea of what qualifies as a 10-8 has never really changed.

Round 1 of Conor-Nate 2 is a 10-8 no matter what year it is. Sometimes there are 3 or more incompetent people in an arena.

I'm surprised that this fight was so closely scored considering Conor won three rounds clearly and the margin by which he won the first round. Conor scored three knockdowns in the first five minutes, how does that not warrant a 10-8? Couple that with Conor winning the second and fourth rounds as well and he should have won a clear UD. People were saying that the fifth round of Romero vs. Whittaker 2 should have been a 10-8 because of one knockdown, why does no one talk about this fight?
Coz 10-8 were much rarer at that time [mid-2016], and the changes occured by Nov-Dec 2016.

When Romero knocked Whittaker down he jumped on him and started ground and pounding, and might have been able to finish if Whittaker hadn't turtled up. Whittaker didn't really make a comeback.

When Conor knocked Nate down, he just stood there, let Nate recover, and butt-scoot towards him, instead of pouncing on him.
Nate seemed okay and even made a comeback later, moved forward, and threw some decent strikes of his own.

It was close to a 10-8 but not definitive enough.

"The fanbase"

Lol this is the problem with this place

You don't have to say a single word about Conor and people are jumping down your throat thinking you're a Conor hater or a Conor scrotum licker

The fuck does Conor's cardio have to do with Diaz fans being crybaby bitches?

I'll wait
Well it's a thread about Conor and Nate, and you mentioned excuses that Diaz fans make , so I mentioned how Conors fanbase does the same. That was just one just one example.

I have no respect for the losers who scored the fight to Nate. Even some Conor haters recognize Nate lost that fight.

There were no 10-8's and there was no Diaz win.
It's probably been done to death but the big take-away was how Nate gassed out in the 3rd.
All the hype about the Triathlete Diaz and Conors poor cardio when the fight turned on the exact opposite.
Nate took the 4th off and shuffled around getting out pointed. And it cost him the fight.

What the fuck man. First round he didnt drop Nate 3 times. Second round he gassed half way through and got pummelled against the fence until the bell rang. One of the knockdowns was from a punch on Nate's forearm.

I'm sure some fanboy is going to say Conor rolled with the punches, when his whole upper body was getting knocked around. He aint FMJ.

Last edited:
Conor won 3-2, it was pretty clear. A lot of people just hate Conor and one judge fucked up. I maintain that we could just not talk about Conor and be done with it.

Because apparently Nate never got hurt by any of Conor's punches. He just tends to fall down when someone hits him hard.

A couple seemed a little Werdum ish

Back