Why Wasn't the First Round of Conor vs. Nate 2 a 10-8?

Old rules. 10-8 had to be a near death beating.

Diaz fans bro. Neither brother has ever lost a fight to them

Even the Thompson KO doesn't count, he cheated by kicking and using footwork or something

Funny%20guy%20laughing%20hysterically.gif

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1338586-10-most-lopsided-decisions-in-mma-history#slide1

These fights took place between 2003 and 2011. ALL of them include 10-8 rounds.

You gonna tell me GSP beat up 3 people worse than Conor beat Nate in that first round?

They went through a period where 10-8s weren't being awarded in spots where most people agreed they should have. That caused them to write it into the rules, to emphasize. But the general idea of what qualifies as a 10-8 has never really changed.

Round 1 of Conor-Nate 2 is a 10-8 no matter what year it is. Sometimes there are 3 or more incompetent people in an arena.
You seen GSP vs. Fitch and Penn II? You won’t find any bigger beat downs in this sport, my friend. Certainly not in Conor/Nate II

Conor destroyed Nate in Rounds 1 and 2. Literally schooled him. He slowed down in 3 and 4 but even those rounds he took very lite damage deflecting most shots from Nate. Then won round 4 easily. I know it's hard to judge that fight because whenever Nate was punching Conor on the fence while Conor shoulder rolling most shots, Joe Rogan was having his usual retarded melt down saying Shit like " OMG Conors in trouble!!! He's hurt" as Conor walk out that fight with not bump
on him.
Watch it again. BJM was on the verge of stopping the fight at the end of the third when Nate was teeing off on Conor, and he would have been justified in doing so. The only 10-8 round in the fight should have been the third round for Nate. Should have been a draw

Uhhhh? He didn’t drop him 3 times in the first round. He dropped him once. 10-9. Twice in the 2nd. Round 2 could have been a 10-8 if it wasn’t for Nate turning it on and hurting Conor at the end.

Lmao at everybody saying "new rules" when the fight was literally a majority draw and not a unanimous decision for Conor precisely because one of the judges scored round 3 10-8 for Diaz instead of 10-9.

I'm surprised that this fight was so closely scored considering Conor won three rounds clearly and the margin by which he won the first round. Conor scored three knockdowns in the first five minutes, how does that not warrant a 10-8? Couple that with Conor winning the second and fourth rounds as well and he should have won a clear UD. People were saying that the fifth round of Romero vs. Whittaker 2 should have been a 10-8 because of one knockdown, why does no one talk about this fight?
McGregor got those knockdowns because of the leg kicks. Did you forget that McGregor didn't follow Diaz to the ground? A knockdown caused by imbalance is not the same as the knockdowns Romero had against Whittaker.

McGregor also ran away a lot in that fight (in some instances even had his back to Diaz as he was running, elbows moving and all), which probably influenced the judges scoring.

The rules/scoring were different then, where 10-8's were a lot harder to come by. But even now under the new rules, I'm not sure I'd score round one a 10-8, it'd probably still be a 10-9. Conor clearly won, but not enough damage to really call it a completely dominant round.

The other four rounds were all definitely 10-9's.

Watch it again. BJM was on the verge of stopping the fight at the end of the third when Nate was teeing off on Conor, and he would have been justified in doing so. The only 10-8 round in the fight should have been the third round for Nate. Should have been a draw

You watch it again cause Big John has literally said he wasn’t anywhere close to stopping it. Diaz wasn’t teeing off on Conor, he was missing about every shot as Conor was making him hit his arms or nothing at all.

People like you just went nuts because Joe did too as everyone was having flashbacks to the first fight and thought Conor was gassed and wouldn’t come back. It was a 10-9 round.

You watch it again cause Big John has literally said he wasn’t anywhere close to stopping it. Diaz wasn’t teeing off on Conor, he was missing about every shot as Conor was making him hit his arms or nothing at all.

People like you just went nuts because Joe did too as everyone was having flashbacks to the first fight and thought Conor was gassed and wouldn’t come back. It was a 10-9 round.
I watched it in a bar without hearing Joe. Conor was right on the end of Nate’s puches getting absolutely lit up. There’s no other way of seeing it unless you’re blind.

I watched it in a bar without hearing Joe.

Yes, and like I said you all went nuts because you were having flashbacks to the first fight and thought Conor wouldn't come back instead of objectively watching what was in front of you.

Conor was right on the end of Nate’s puches getting absolutely lit up. There’s no other way of seeing it unless you’re blind.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Conor dodged, dipped, ducked, dived, and dodged his way out of nearly everything. And earlier did this

giphy.gif

It was a 10-9 round for Diaz

Back