Wildcard Boxing Club Trainers

I have been to WildCard only once. Its 50 bucks a month to use the gym.

As far as trainers, i talked to one, he told me its 10-20 bucks a session from him. As far as others, i don't know.

If you can afford then sure why not but how many private sessions will he need to buy to perfect his technique? Even if you have someone standing in front of you telling you what you are doing wrong, it doesn't mean that you will automatically correct right away. Repitition of the same movement will correct that and that is usually done on your own. Not only that, all it takes for the trainer is to watch their technique for a few minutes, tell them what's wrong, then tell them to work on it. Then come back again to see if they improved.

I really don't get what you're playing at.

One-on-one training with a reputable trainer >>>>>> "classes" any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

This isn't even something that should be suggested otherwise. You could take 3 years of classes and not learn what you'd learn in a 4 month training camp with a guy like Roach. When you have an actual trainer, you get what they know, what they think, how they see you, how others see you, how the nuances of the Sport really work. You don't get that from "classes" on nearly as focused a level.

If a person wants to really delve into the science of Boxing, a class is not the way to go.

This is true.

5 week fight camps with my trainer, with lots of one-on-one time taught me sooo much more. Same with the other guys too.

I know wild card is a real boxing gym but don't they have at least one group class? Its still not like the group classes at other places but I could have sworn I saw Paulie running somewhat of a group class once when he had a couple client

are there any other gyms you can recommend for boxing private lessons? lb4lb boxing or fortune boxing?

i'm only interestet in one on one lessons if possible for a payable price... thanks a lot for your advices

i mean only in this area L.A.
if possible not too far from marina del rey

Wild Card is your best option. lb4lb is good too, but why go to the 2nd best in the area. Wild Card PT is affordable.

Pay for the privates unless you are just looking for "fitness" Sinister and Centaur are completely correct you will learn 10 times faster the fundamentals with a trainer that is right there holding pads for you.

If you aren't an already accomplished amateur boxer or pro...good luck booking an appointment with Roach. He charges up to $75,000.. for one training camp.

But he has a lot of assistant trainers and pros/ammy that are willing to do privates with complete novices.

I'd train there if I could..even if it was just the $50 open gym.. you can learn lots just by watching how they train.

I started out taking classes, and did it for about 3 1/2 years,it was great for me I enjoyed being in a group with 5 or 6 other people, it makes things more competitive and funner .

And eventually after you have been sparring for a couple years, had some fights, and have settled into your own style, you will get to a point where they can't teach you anything else, they'll just critique you and point things out.

If your going to go pro then, yeah maybe a Personol trainer would be a better route but if your just beginning I say go with the classes.

I partially agree and disagree. For beginners, classes can be a good way of training and learning, provided the instructor knows his stuff. For more advanced fighters, classes are much less productive. But even for beginners, private training session>group classes

I started out taking classes, and did it for about 3 1/2 years,it was great for me I enjoyed being in a group with 5 or 6 other people, it makes things more competitive and funner .

And eventually after you have been sparring for a couple years, had some fights, and have settled into your own style, you will get to a point where they can't teach you anything else, they'll just critique you and point things out.

If your going to go pro then, yeah maybe a Personol trainer would be a better route but if your just beginning I say go with the classes.

damnit . if i lived in LA i would sign up right there and then !

does anybody have an e-mail address of one of the coaches? unfortunately the e-mail on the website (info@wildcard) doesn't work.. or nobody is answering...

thanks

I checked the trainers link but nothing came up. I checked their current website but no list of other trainers other then mentioning that there are trainers but no list on their website.

Who is decent besides Freddie?

Oh you're brilliant, 2008 necropost and you wonder why the links don't work........Nice joke

I really don't get what you're playing at.

One-on-one training with a reputable trainer >>>>>> "classes" any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

This isn't even something that should be suggested otherwise. You could take 3 years of classes and not learn what you'd learn in a 4 month training camp with a guy like Roach. When you have an actual trainer, you get what they know, what they think, how they see you, how others see you, how the nuances of the Sport really work. You don't get that from "classes" on nearly as focused a level.

If a person wants to really delve into the science of Boxing, a class is not the way to go.

Hmm, it's interesting how much things can change in 10 years.

Back