Wilder is way overrated.

RudimarChute

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dude throws bombs for sure and is obviously physically gifted but what else does he have? Ortiz was clearly the better boxer until Wilder found home with the right hand. Ortiz was seconds away from KO’ing him in the 7th too but he was saved by the bell and kept holding.

Wilder said he would KO prime Mike Tyson lol Mike would KO him easily. Fury and AJ would demolish him and even old Klitschko would probably beat him. Welcome to the dark age of HW boxing.

Bomb squad.

He is properly rated.

He’s one winnable fight away from being unified HW champ.

Is he? I almost never see anything about him that doesn't mention he's got terrible skills. Who is overrating him besides himself? No matter how crazy he fights or how much trouble he has, he's now got two dominant wins over Stiverne and knockouts over Washington, Szpilka and a very well-regarded Ortiz. I think it's safe to say he's a legit champion. He's not George Foreman or Mike Tyson but I don't think he's at the bottom of the pack of guys that picked a title up anymore, imo.

Is he? I almost never see anything about him that doesn't mention he's got terrible skills. Who is overrating him besides himself? No matter how crazy he fights or how much trouble he has, he's now got two dominant wins over Stiverne and knockouts over Washington, Szpilka and a very well-regarded Ortiz. I think it's safe to say he's a legit champion. He's not George Foreman or Mike Tyson but I don't think he's at the bottom of the pack of guys that picked a title up anymore, imo.
If Fury comes back without too many cobwebs he handles Wilder. AJ should beat him too.

i never see anyone say anything good about him.

Dude throws bombs for sure and is obviously physically gifted but what else does he have? Ortiz was clearly the better boxer until Wilder found home with the right hand. Ortiz was seconds away from KO’ing him in the 7th too but he was saved by the bell and kept holding.

Wilder said he would KO prime Mike Tyson lol Mike would KO him easily. Fury and AJ would demolish him and even old Klitschko would probably beat him. Welcome to the dark age of HW boxing.

Like I said before @ heavy weight all you need is size and power and Wilder has that in spades, skill and technique be damned.

<Fedor23> .

214 pounds? that's the smallest heavyweight champ in decades isn't it? i mean, not counting the guys like roy jones i guess.

Wilder is that fighter that looks great hitting the pads and throws great combos and a quick jab, in sparring, but in a real fight, he's totally gun shy and doesn't throw crisp combos and doesn't touch the body, even having all that one punch Ko power and i am not talking about when he fights nobodies, when he fights nobodies, then he let's his hands go, but Wilder is Wild and sloppy and has his chin in the air to be knocked out, even when he's fighting nobodies and solid fighters and that's just how he fights.

Wild Wilder, is his knew name and Joshua is going to knock him out.

214 pounds? that's the smallest heavyweight champ in decades isn't it? i mean, not counting the guys like roy jones i guess.

Haye was as low as 210 as champion, but he's one of the lightest ones in recent memory.

Wilder has a lot of flaws, but he still has a very legitimate chance of being the unified champion. It seems that just about everyone acknowledges his flaws, but also recognize that he's an extremely dangerous fighter. I don't see much to suggest he's overrated (he's perhaps even underrated to a point by many who wholly dismiss him).

He is overrated, even if he unifies the tittles he could be the worst to ever do it. It's not his fault the rest of the division isn't that great either though.

I actually think he has better skills than he gets credit for. He does throw overly wild punches when he's going for the kill but he still lands big shots with accuracy so he's not just swinging randomly. And when he's just boxing he moves his feet well, has a decent jab although I don't think he uses it enough, and and has quick reflxes.

Of course he has flaws and his punches aren't tight enough but it's still pretty clear he knows what he's doing. You don't get lucky 40 times in a row.

Haye was as low as 210 as champion, but he's one of the lightest ones in recent memory.
wasn't aware guys that small were still fighting at that level in the heavies, not that it's small but just unusual in an era where these guys have been 6-7 250 regularly. I remember when Gary Mason was trying to make it they talked about how small he was at 215 and this was over 20 years ago, the idea was that those days were over. Of course, it doesn't matter what a guy weighs up to a point, but just kind of unusual to see today.

i don't follow much of todays boxing at all though and out of all the divisions i watch the least, the heavies are fights that I rarely watch. Hagler was raving on facebook about the last joshua/klitschko fight, i didn't see much when I watched it.

Blah, blah, blah, blah. All that talk about his offense you are missing he is actually one of the better guys at avoiding getting hit. He's a tall fighter, who knows how to use his height and reach to his advantage unlike many others.

wilder gets way more hate than he deserves. he is most likely gonna knock out joshua and still get hate.

wasn't aware guys that small were still fighting at that level in the heavies, not that it's small but just unusual in an era where these guys have been 6-7 250 regularly. I remember when Gary Mason was trying to make it they talked about how small he was at 215 and this was over 20 years ago, the idea was that those days were over. Of course, it doesn't matter what a guy weighs up to a point, but just kind of unusual to see today.

I think a lot of guys carry too much weight. Joshua's bulk does him no favours.

Bet you said Ortiz would beat him too huh lmao.

Blah, blah, blah, blah. All that talk about his offense you are missing he is actually one of the better guys at avoiding getting hit. He's a tall fighter, who knows how to use his height and reach to his advantage unlike many others.
<{hfved}><{MingNope}>{<jordan}

Back