WILDER OFFERS JOSHUA 50 MILLION

That's three paragraphs to say that we should wait and see if Haymon and co. are serious. As for that last sentence, Hearn did say give us $50 million and we're more or less down for anything within reason.

You will interpret from my post whatever you feel like.

You missed the part about Wilder's team refusing to have a meeting with Hearn who is already in the US, this is after they have already cancelled their initial meeting and since given a 48hr deadline. I'd argue that's a bit more than 'waiting to see if they are serious', they are putting up a clear roadblock by refusing this meeting and I'm asking why, it's a bit odd don't you think? It certainly suggests they are less serious than they sounded originally.

I'm not sure what you're last sentence adds to anything. That 'within reason' is pretty significant, he didn't at any point say that they would surrender all rights to negotiate if they get $50m, he didn't waiver any of the other terms. No need to over complicate it, the fight needs to be negotiated, period. Wilder's personal email is good and all, but that gets the ball rolling, it does't get a contract signed.

You will interpret from my post whatever you feel like.

You missed the part about Wilder's team refusing to have a meeting with Hearn who is already in the US, this is after they have already cancelled their initial meeting and since given a 48hr deadline. I'd argue that's a bit more than 'waiting to see if they are serious', they are putting up a clear roadblock by refusing this meeting and I'm asking why, it's a bit odd don't you think? It certainly suggests they are less serious than they sounded originally.

I'm not sure what you're last sentence adds to anything. That 'within reason' is pretty significant, he didn't at any point say that they would surrender all rights to negotiate if they get $50m, he didn't waiver any of the other terms. No need to over complicate it, the fight needs to be negotiated, period. Wilder's personal email is good and all, but that gets the ball rolling, it does't get a contract signed.

Oh, so Wilder's team already refused to meet? No one has asked them to refuse all rights to negotiation after the offer; that's plain to see. If Wilder's team refuses to have anything to do with Hearn and co. tomorrow, then all power to you, but something tells me that they're going to meet.

do you not believe him, or do you think he's being unreasonable with what he's saying?

because if what he says is true, and they gave them a 24h window to decide, while refusing to meet and having no actual contract to sign, then wilder's team are the bitches here. this is the biggest fight in boxing right now, if you have the money you're talking about, you go and do this like civilised people.

i can't imagine them actually having 50$ dollars to pay anthony, while at the same time only having 24 hours to make the deal. what, your money disappears in a day? you can't work out the rest of the details? it's bullshit.

This should be obvious to anyone who isn't a die hard Wilder fan.

You can't send an offer of $50m by personal email, no terms, no location, no media schedule etc and demand a yes or no answer within 48hrs THEN refuse to meet the same promoter who is in America wanting to discuss the deal with you.

I'd love to hear our contact in here justify this management decision because it just looks like showmanship at this point. Have a proper face to face meeting and get the fight made ffs, RR already works with Hearn with Jacobs, and is on the Wilder team, yet they won't meet? Nonesense.

Oh, so Wilder's team already refused to meet? No one has asked them to refuse all rights to negotiation after the offer; that's plain to see. If Wilder's team refuses to have anything to do with Hearn and co. tomorrow, then all power to you, but something tells me that they're going to meet.

Yes, there is an email from Winkel saying they don't feel like a meeting would be productive unless they agree to the deal beforehand. This was after the initial meeting was cancelled. Both Hearn and Joshua have said the deal sounds good, that should be enough of an agreement for now, at least enough to get them through the door.

Wilder is also saying YES or NO and giving deadlines on Instagram, hopefully common sense prevails and they meet up and negotiate this fight properly, otherwise this is going to be a mess.

Yes, there is an email from Winkel saying they don't feel like a meeting would be productive unless they agree to the deal beforehand. This was after the initial meeting was cancelled. Both Hearn and Joshua have said the deal sounds good, that should be enough of an agreement for now, at least enough to get them through the door.

Wilder is also saying YES or NO and giving deadlines on Instagram, hopefully common sense prevails and they meet up and negotiate this fight properly, otherwise this is going to be a mess.

So Wilder's team has refused to meet? If they flat out refuse to meet tomorrow, then go hard, but that hasn't happened yet. Let's wait and see.

If we're being honest, this fight is going to get made, and all this odd drama will fade away.

Wilder is finally going to get his dues - Wiilder by KO

Not hating on Joshua, I just think the Bronze Bomber has been criminally underrated.

So Wilder's team has refused to meet? If they flat out refuse to meet tomorrow, then go hard, but that hasn't happened yet. Let's wait and see.

If we're being honest, this fight is going to get made, and all this odd drama will fade away.

Yeah, third time, the meeting was cancelled and they have refused to meet unless the offer is accepted beforehand. This is from Hearn as recently as today and backed up by the email.

The meeting was meant to be Thursday, it was cancelled. Not a great sign.

Yeah, third time, the meeting was cancelled and they have refused to meet unless the offer is accepted beforehand. This is from Hearn as recently as today and backed up by the email.

The meeting got rescheduled to today. Wilder took a plane to NY yesterday and Eddie Hearn is still there.

Again, go in hard if they don't meet. Unless Hearn does something absurd, they will meet and get the fight done. It might take more than just the meeting later today, but the fight will get done.

That's three paragraphs to say that we should wait and see if Haymon and co. are serious. As for that last sentence, Hearn did say give us $50 million and we're more or less down for anything within reason.
Nobody is going to agree to a fight or sign on the dotted line without knowing the particulars and reading the contract. No matter where the money comes from Joshua is the A side here. If this fight doesn't get made he'll just stay in Europe selling out stadiums. I don't expect he'll succumb to any pressure Wilder tries to apply. At least not until they get into the ring. :D

People claim no contract has been sent yet at the same time think that saying "Yes, I'll fight you for $50 million" is equivalent to signing one. Sadly most of the people commenting on Wilder vs Joshua are retarded.

Nobody is going to agree to a fight or sign on the dotted line without knowing the particulars and reading the contract. No matter where the money comes from Joshua is the A side here. If this fight doesn't get made he'll just stay in Europe selling out stadiums. I don't expect he'll succumb to any pressure Wilder tries to apply. At least not until they get into the ring. :D

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think I ever said that Joshua should reflexively sign as soon as he heard $50 million.

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think I ever said that Joshua should reflexively sign as soon as he heard $50 million.
I was referring to the 48 hour deadline. If they're meeting today though that's a good sign that I suspect will bear fruit.

People claim no contract has been sent yet at the same time think that saying "Yes, I'll fight you for $50 million" is equivalent to signing one. Sadly most of the people commenting on Wilder vs Joshua are retarded.
who the fuck said that it's equivalent?

"yes, i will fight you for $50M" is agreeing to the offer. that's not the same as signing the contract, and certainly not the same as finishing the deal.

the fact that this needs to be explained to you says far more about you than anyone else, to be honest.

Lol wut. Wonder if anyone gets this reference.

Verbal contract? Ain't worth the paper it's printed on.

Nobody is going to agree to a fight or sign on the dotted line without knowing the particulars and reading the contract. No matter where the money comes from Joshua is the A side here. If this fight doesn't get made he'll just stay in Europe selling out stadiums. I don't expect he'll succumb to any pressure Wilder tries to apply. At least not
until they get into the ring. :D

I know it’s fckin laughable.

The contract will also have to be looked over by hearns-Joshua’s lawyers. The 24hour deadline is meant to be unworkable, which is fairly obvious to anyone who’s given this more than a second thought.

Joshua has to have this sorted within the first week of May or else he has to agree to fight povetkin. So no more fckin around, this fight needs to be sorted in just over a week or Joshua will have a potential banana skin in Russia against povetkin. And wilder will fight brezeale. And with fury coming back that is possibly a far easier fight to make and an equally lucrative fight? Unless both teams stop fckin around we risk not seeing this fight

Lol

There is more to this then what Hearn is trying to let out.
It wasn't just an email.
Give it a couple days.

Isn't Joshuas contract up with Hearne in the next two fights? Anyone think they maybe doing some of this to move on AJ?

That money is something Hearne would love to be able to but cannot provide.

Aye who needs contracts/paperwork, meetings and lawyers.

Finkel made a pinky promise, it’s all good.

Back