Wilder vs fury 2

Dinamita09

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys lots of talk already of an immediate rematch for wilder/fury. I was curious as to your thoughts on an immediate rematch.

I feel like it's 50-50 for fury. On the one hand he's got the experience and boxing skill advantage, so perhaps he thinks he can make the adjustments to avoid the big shots from wilder and decision him in the rematch. I also think that him not taking a large layoff and getting back in ring with top of the food chain guys would be beneficial. I'm also not sure of what fury's usual ring weight was but perhaps coming in a little lighter would allow him to avoid the power shots of wilder.

I see that an immediate rematch is also advantageous for wilder because the fury puzzle is fresh in his mind. I think the longer its drawn out before the rematch it gives wilder an advantage as he will have time to add to his arsenal and perhaps come up with a few more "tricks" he can add to land those power punches on fury.

Rematch is very interesting and should be right away. Could sell alot if they push it right. Probably 60/40 Fury, because of his inactivity you have to think he will be slightly harder to hit than he was last time.

It's a mismatch.

The gap in skill was huge with a rusty Fury after 3 years of food, drugs and alcohol, which lead to two knockdowns. This isnt going to be the case in rematch. We saw Fury shake off the ring rust in the early going of the fight, which is more remarkable than getting up from the knockdown in round 12.

Wilder is limited to a punchers chance.

I’m excited for these reasons:

Both come to fight again, but this time Fury can’t get off, the roles reverse, Tyson gets two knockdowns but Wilder “schools” ten 10-9 rounds and we get a Draw again, and then yet again we hear from British fans that Wilder didn’t win any of those rounds or Fury edged it with those two knockdowns.

Or

Both come to fight, no knockdowns, an even closer fight than the first as both display even better compubox, both have different game plans than the first. It does 1.3-1.5 million PPv. Regardless who the winner is, the Trilogy happens. By this time AJ vs Takam Trilogy is also underway.

Best time for boxing!

Interesting, I am leaning toward the immediate rematch favouring wilder, I still think that 2 'real' fights in the last four years (both being the two wilder fights) that it's not enough to shake the rust off of fury. If the rematch is may/June as been speculated, I still think the rematch favours wilder I just don't know that 6 months gives fury enough time to work out the kinks to avoid the power shots

I’m excited for these reasons:

Both come to fight again, but this time Fury can’t get off, the roles reverse, Tyson gets two knockdowns but Wilder “schools” ten 10-9 rounds and we get a Draw again, and then yet again we hear from British fans that Wilder didn’t win any of those rounds or Fury edged it with those two knockdowns.

Or

Both come to fight, no knockdowns, an even closer fight than the first as both display even better compubox, both have different game plans than the first. It does 1.3-1.5 million PPv. Regardless who the winner is, the Trilogy happens. By this time AJ vs Takam Trilogy is also underway.

Best time for boxing!
I actually see it the opposite. In my opinion fury makes the adjustments and avoids the power and coasts to a ud or I see wilder coming out with a controlled aggression and a couple of new traps and catches fury and kos him in 6.

@Seano.. you seem to be as close to the boxing authority as we have here, what are your thoughts on a rematch

I think in the rematch Wilder will push the pace a bit more early, so it will be a case of if Fury can shift more ring rust and avoid early bombs if wilder is throwing more set up in combos.

If fury can do that then I can see Fury getting a KO late on if wilder gasses (punches himself out) not by a big punch just from wilder being exhausted especially if he comes in a fair amount heavier.

I favored Wilder a bit in the first fight for obvious reasons even though I was rooting for Fury. It's more of a 50-50 this time around IMO.

Fury will certainly be better in the 2nd fight. I'm not so sure that Wilder will. With all the excuses he has been making for the draw, I'm not sure if he will be willing to address the shortcomings he showed. Personally, I think people are overrating Fury's performance in the fight a lot. He basically did what the likes of Szpilka, Washington and Duhaupas did but was more consistent. It wasn't some defensive masterclass.

Both can put on a better showing rather easily.

Fury can be more active with his own offense, and not get floored (or knocked out) twice. Fury’s inactivity allowed rounds to stay close, when with just a bit more output those rounds would be wide.

Wilder needs to throw more variety in his punches, particularly his jab. He has shown that he has a very capable jab, and he needs to use it to set up the power shots. A continuous jab and less head hunting would go a very long way on the score cards if he cant land the KO.

I lean towards Fury as the slight favorite as his head is back in the game and boxers usually get the nod over the punchers. But Wilder is not to be counted out, ever. Hes dangerous bell to bell in every situation.

The irony of people talking about Wilder vs Fury,scorecards,controversy, because that’s what we enjoy debating...

But be careful talking about Gennady Golovkin analytically or technically... apparently it’s trolling. Every post I ever made was about GGG.

The irony of people talking about Wilder vs Fury,scorecards,controversy, because that’s what we enjoy debating...

But be careful talking about Gennady Golovkin analytically or technically... apparently it’s trolling. Every post I ever made was about GGG.
I guess you are too stupid to take a hint.

I actually see it the opposite. In my opinion fury makes the adjustments and avoids the power and coasts to a ud or I see wilder coming out with a controlled aggression and a couple of new traps and catches fury and kos him in 6.

@Seano.. you seem to be as close to the boxing authority as we have here, what are your thoughts on a rematch
Seriously though, there's a lot more room for Wilder to make adjustments in the rematch than Fury. Fury fought a great fight but thats about the best he can do IMO. Its Wilder that needs to straighten up his punches, find his jab, feints etc.

I'll take Wilder by KO in the rematch.

The only thing I could see Fury doing differently is upping his out put or sitting down on his shots a little more. Both things make it a bit easier for Wilder to find his own.

The rematch should do big business. I have Fury winning the rematch.

Seriously though,

I'll take Wilder by KO in the rematch.

No, seriously though, Dude stop trolling. Such remarks are madness, Wilder has only fought bums, and Fury schooled every round including 9 & 12 I gave Fury such great boxing that I had them 10-9 instead. I think I’m going to report you bruh!

I think Fury would do much better in a rematch. I would expect Fury to be in even better shape and sharper than he was the first time. Fury has less adjustments to make in the rematch and being one more fight removed from his beer and coke depression binge should be a big help. I have also heard Wilder wants to put on like 30lbs which if he does that for Fury he's going to have less of a chance to catch Fury as his speed and cardio will suffer.

I think the additional weight would help Wilder against Joshua but would hinder Wilder against Fury.

Thought it soon for fury and he’d get ko’d. Would definately favour Tyson in the rematch bit wouldn’t put money in the outcome. That right hand is just too fast and powerful

I’d favour Fury to win a rematch easily as long as he stays in the gym. I think he was pretty far from full fitness in the first and that ended up costing him. Fully fit, and probably even more mobile, I don’t think he gets hit with Wilder’s big punches.

At 34 and after 41 fights I don’t know how much more Wilder is capable of learning. He might know he’s reached the limit of his abilities too if he’s talking about bulking up to 245.

I’d favour Fury to win a rematch easily as long as he stays in the gym. I think he was pretty far from full fitness in the first and that ended up costing him. Fully fit, and probably even more mobile, I don’t think he gets hit with Wilder’s big punches.

At 34 and after 41 fights I don’t know how much more Wilder is capable of learning. He might know he’s reached the limit of his abilities too if he’s talking about bulking up to 245.
He isn’t going to suddenly learn how to be a ring general but he can work on being more authoritative with his jab and commiting to following up with his right hand. In reality that’s all he needs to be a threat to anybody.

Back