Wilder vs. Stiverne Rematch Ordered By WBC, Luis Ortiz is Out!

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The World Boxing Council, through President Mauricio Sulaiman, has issued a ruling - according to its Clean Boxing Program protocol - to withdraw their sanction of Deontay Wilder's scheduled defense on November 4th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, against Luis Ortiz.

The ruling was made after it was revealed last week that Ortiz failed a pre-fight drug test.

Further, it was ordered that Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) will fight his mandatory challenger, Bermane Stiverne.

001_Bermane_Stiverne_and_Deontay_Wilder%20(720x480)_1.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-vs-stiverne-rematch-ordered-by-wbc-luis-ortiz-out--121095

Didnt Stiverne fail a drug test last year?

"Great fight" - Said no one ever

Wilder by KO this time, he'll know to pour it on fast and get "Takedown" Stiverne outta there before he can attempt to panic wrestle him again.

Stiverne better hope Wilder gets him outta there early, because he takes a terrible beating otherwise.

Still no word if Breazeale is off the card

I'm not surprised. They had this planned out from the beginning. The process was probably expedited with a discretely placed check from the WBC.

I'm not surprised. They had this planned out from the beginning. The process was probably expedited with a discretely placed check from the WBC.
<DontBelieve1>

Wilder nearly TKO'd Stiverne on the ropes in the late rounds the first time they fought. I'm sure he'll get the job done this time.

Stiverne looks so bad in every single training related video and picture he has posted over the last year or so, talking about his comeback

I honestly do not understand how he is a professional athlete.

Wilder by brutal KO.

Stiverne looks so bad in every single training related video and picture he has posted over the last year or so, talking about his comeback

I honestly do not understand how he is a professional athlete.
This is one of those rare fights where someone who knew nothing about boxing could accurately predict what would happen just by the way the two guys looked.

Wilder is making poor decisions here.

He got offered double this purse to fight Whyte instead of Stiverne which is a bigger fight than this one in every respect. What he doesn't seem to realize though is that once Dillan beats Helenious tonight, he becomes Wilders mandatory, Hearn will win the purse bids and make the fight with Whyte for less than what he's offering now. The only way out is if Hearn sets up the unification with Joshua, but he'll have Wilder trapped so the terms wont be favorable, especially if Wilder is serious about 50-50.

He should have swerved Stiverne and took on Whyte which would have forced Hearns hand for the AJ fight next.

Wilder is making poor decisions here.

He got offered double this purse to fight Whyte instead of Stiverne which is a bigger fight than this one in every respect. What he doesn't seem to realize though is that once Dillan beats Helenious tonight, he becomes Wilders mandatory, Hearn will win the purse bids and make the fight with Whyte for less than what he's offering now. The only way out is if Hearn sets up the unification with Joshua, but he'll have Wilder trapped so the terms wont be favorable, especially if Wilder is serious about 50-50.

He should have swerved Stiverne and took on Whyte which would have forced Hearns hand for the AJ fight next.
Stiverne was the mandatory. He was given step aside money so that Wilder could fight Ortiz. Ortiz got popped. Stiverne now gets his mandatory.

People keep wanting to pretend Wilder is ducking anyone. Its hilarious.

PS, Whyte was fucking horrible today.

Back