Wildlife Photographer Wakes Up From A Nap Under A Tree With… A Sleeping Cheetah Against Him

There's stories of the past that cheetahs were actually domesticated and would be like your traditional house cat.
They was also used for hunting by ancient nobles of some areas, sometimes is same way we would use an hunting dog, other times in a way that resemble more falconry, in the sense that the cheetah was transported on horseback behind his owner and unleashed only for the actual hunt moment

Latter method make more sense considering compared to dogs they're better built to run short distances at maximum speed, but also show how confident owner was about tamed cheetah's quiet nature (since he was giving it his back and trusting would not even do anything to agitate the horse)

They simply don't see us as preys and unlike super risky gimmick of taming lions/tigers (wich took lot lives) we have no record of wild cheetah killing humans

In comparision it's ironic to think we made dogs out of wolves, considering wolf historically had lot conflicts with us

There's stories of the past that cheetahs were actually domesticated and would be like your traditional house cat. There's pics on the net of some African warlords with cheetahs and even hyenas collared on a chain. Not so sure the hyenas can be domesticated. lol
My sister did volunteer work in Ghana and the village she worked in had a “pet” cheetah. It just wandered around like a stray cat and they would pet it

My sister did volunteer work in Ghana and the village she worked in had a “pet” cheetah. It just wandered around like a stray cat and they would pet it
That’s awesome! Did the village give it scraps or anything, or it just liked to hang around the village?

That’s awesome! Did the village give it scraps or anything, or it just liked to hang around the village?
It just hung around. I don’t think they fed it. She said she put a fingertip on its back while a villager was petting its head just to say she’s touched a cheetah. She said it was scary at first but it acted so much like a house cat she just got used to it being around and didn’t even think about it

You think a UFC heavyweight could beat a cheetah in a fight?
cheetahs wish they had shit on Kalib Starnes
plus Brandon schuab benches 225 for 42 reps
you think a cheetah even got one in them

there are levels to this game

iu

Gorgeous Cheetah, I'm jealous to be honest, I wish I could do that. I'm scared though haha, I think you need a special bond with them. Respect to that guy for all his conservation work and helping to protect them.

Hey last year I was at a zoo with family and we saw a beautiful Tiger, it was 10 foot and 657 Ibs the worker said. It was so beautiful, it makes my house cats looks so tiny haha. They had this little metal tray door at the bottom of the fence where they place food on and then it turns automatically and goes into the fence area where the Tigers are.. and there was some meat placed on it but there was a huge bowl of ice cream, the worker was telling us that when the weather is hot they adore vanilla ice cream. People just think they eat meat, but nope they love ice cream.. especially if its vanilla flavor.

haha this is a funny video

Yup if i had the funds and time i would like to take nature photography as a pastime.

You think a UFC heavyweight could beat a cheetah in a fight?
UFC featherweight would literally murder a cheetah.
Cheetahs don't hunt prey that can fight back, they can't really claw and their teeth are rather weak, they choke their prey, not kill it with bites.

UFC featherweight would literally murder a cheetah.
Cheetahs don't hunt prey that can fight back, they can't really claw and their teeth are rather weak, they choke their prey, not kill it with bites.
Agree on even small fighter having great chances of fuck up a cheetah, mostly because they have that "runner" strutture, they seem to be by far the worst cats in terms of ability to what we would call wrestle (wich make sense considering they're specialized on fast but light/week preys)

Like despite smaller/lighter eurasian Lynx would likely be worse shit to handle

Then they have proportionally small head, thin limbs and their claws are made less sharp by the fact are'nt fully retractable so get consumend by simply walking

But to be fair almost all big cats go for the suffocation bite, only exception i think Is jaguar who have greatest p4p bite power and kill preys by straight biting the skull

Cheetahs overall are pretty dumb and this guy knew what was going to happen when he laid down. It’s still a sweet story, I used to nap near the snow leopard enclosure when I lived in Tx. She would come and lay along the fence nearby and nap close to me.

Dont think that's a wild cheetah, I've seen this guy's youtube channel and he spends time with them regularly.

Back