Will any ufc title be defended twice this year?

RockyLockridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Was just thinking about the ufc and all of its champs heres the run down of title fights this year.

Wsw: 1
Wflw: (upcoming)
Wbw: 1
Wfw: 0

Fly: 1
Bw: 1
Fw:0
Lw: 1 (vacant title)
Ww: (upcoming)
Mw: 1
Lhw: 1
Hw: 1

With the next few months mapped out will we see any of the belts defended twice?

Naaa but who cares with all the awesome wmma fights we have coming up

tenor.gif

Was just thinking about the ufc and all of its champs heres the run down of title fights this year.

With the next few months mapped out will we see any of the belts defended twice?

Whittaker-Gastelum straight after TUF?

If Rose Namajunas can recover from the psychological trauma of the dolly incident I think she defends.

Tyron Woodley might defend before the end of year depending on how the fight goes. Maybe wishful thinking on my part because I don't want the Trump White House photo momentum going to waste.

Conor is defending against Khabib.

Very true, but this will still be the first time the belt has been defended this year.

I think at least the BW or FLY belt will be defended twice. The MW belt will be defended, and DC will defend one of his belts. Some women belts might be defended twice too.

There have been two HW championship fights though Stipe could not defend the belt.

I could see Cormier defending either belt at MSG if thy get desperate with the headlining fight for that event.

WSW-Rose is hurt IIRC
WFLW-Could be once Val wins
WBW-No, no contenders
WFW-Maybe

FLW-Maybe
BW-Yea
FW-Yea if Max ever gets right
LW-No
WW-Yes
MW-No Bobby Knuckles is out till next year
LHW-Yea
HW-No Brock is next

WSW-Rose is hurt IIRC
WFLW-Could be once Val wins
WBW-No, no contenders
WFW-Maybe

FLW-Maybe
BW-Yea
FW-Yea if Max ever gets right
LW-No
WW-Yes
MW-No Bobby Knuckles is out till next year
LHW-Yea
HW-No Brock is next

There's no way max defends twice in the next 5 months.

if you consider the DJ vs Cejudo fight a title defense, then Stipe already answered your question.

if you consider the DJ vs Cejudo fight a title defense, then Stipe already answered your question.
Its uncanny that you see the only title fought for twice in a year was the hw title. I forgot that the ngannou fight was this year i thought it was late last year.

lw not vacant there be 2 light weight title fights in 2018. in my opition tj and henry will fight at the end of the year. nunes wil fight at ufc 232 so it be against cris for her belt or nunes will be defending her belt.

Just like GDR, if you refuse to defend you get stripped.

098_Germaine_de_Randamie.0.0.jpg

Difference is Conor is taking on his supposed "stylistic nightmare" and taking the challenge everyone has wanted to see since he beat Eddie. Tony beat Kevin Lee, and Khabib beat the tenth ranked guy for there "belts." Conor is the true champ, and Khabib will truly be the rightful champ if he beats Conor.

lw not vacant there be 2 light weight title fights in 2018. in my opition tj and henry will fight at the end of the year. nunes wil fight at ufc 232 so it be against cris for her belt or nunes will be defending her belt.
Cyborg cant make 135 so i doubt that belt gets defended again if were doing the cyborg fight. So i guess wfw but theres no date for that firm right?

Back