Will Colby become obselete when Tyron makes an example of him?

KOFight228

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No more 'Make UFC great again', no more trolling on social media. He won't be able to say anything when all Tyron has to do is post a meme of him getting KO'd stiff Rousey-Holm style.
Colby has buried himself by having a mouth bigger than his skillset.

Colby certainly will not have the same appeal after he loses to Woodley. His gimmick depends on him winning fights. Trash talk is not as effective when you are getting humiliated in the cage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait.

I wanna see Colby hit Tyron with one of these{<RR}, so Tyron can knock his head onto Danas lap

That trash talking PR style works less the more you lose. So if Tyron beats him he might have to transform from Colby Cuntington to Kind Colby.

I think the character will be even more useful to hide behind if he gets beaten.

No shame in losing to 2018 Woodley though so it won't hurt him too much.

Ignoring his second-rate Sonnen act, I think Colby has been fast-tracked but is a good fighter. .

Perhaps we'll see a similar personality trajectory as we got with Bisping. He might mellow out in future.

That trash talking PR style works less the more you lose. So if Tyron beats him he might have to transform from Colby Cuntington to Kind Colby.

It would be refreshing to see a fighter take on a Gandhi persona. Using kind and loving speech, promoting world peace, living a life of humility, modesty and simplicity, discussing the importance of celibacy, going on hunger strikes until Dana gives him a title shot.

szCeEtp.png

People gonna realize that Colby will be Woodley's toughest matchup in quite some time.

I believe he is a tougher matchup for Woodley than Wonderboy, Maia, Till or Lawler.

I believe the same goes for Colby though as well.

He'll be obsolete down the ladder after Usman.

After Tyron he still has two karate fighters to run his mouth and match his wrestling against.

Have any of the people talking shit about Colby even bothered watching him fight? It's one thing to dislike a guy's personality. It's another to be blind or ignorant of his skills.

For instance, in terms of who he is outside the cage, I utterly despise Tyron Woodley. But I also recognize that he is a great fighter possessing tremendous skill.

And Colby will be a hell of a challenge, presenting serious problems for him Woodley. Not only in terms of his cardio and grinding, non-stop wrestling, but to some extent in the stand-up. Colby's technique desperately needs work, but his handspeed is shockingly fast, and he constantly throws combinations. He was able to beat RDA because during the long portions that they were striking with one another, Colby held his own.

Moreover, Colby has a hell of a chin. I would slightly favor Woodley when all is said and done, but in no scenario do I see his victory being quick or easy.

And you had better believe that if Woodley wins a competitive decision Colby will be trash-talking as much as ever.

Doesn't help that he lacks the wit or trolling skills of lord Chael of Sonnen.

Going to depend on how long Colby lasts. Tyrone's performance against Till makes him look like an unstoppable monster. If he goes longer than Till...which he most certainly will; I say his stock actually goes up.

Someone forgot to tell Chael this

Nah, he’ll still be relevant... he’s a helluva fighter.

But yeah, after Tyron sons him, he’s gonna have to wait for Tyron to retire or a new 165 division... before his Schlick makes a hit... with the demograph ‘identity/hero need’ that he does well with.

That said, he’s a solid fighter.
Jones and Tyron and his family, sis and mom and their ‘friendships’not doing him any favors regardless.

Colby is just entering his prime (early 30) and Woodley is late prime and only 1 fight away from being past prime (36). Colby should be favored in this fight IMO. If I were Woodley I would not want this fight. This is no dehydrated British can crusher with British wrestling and British Jiu Jitsu.

If Colby loses and remains relevant and keeps building his skill set he can get another crack at the title in a few more fights if he loses.

WW is a god damn ghost town, worse than LHW actually.

But good for Woodley for hanging in there, getting past his losses and being a dominant champ WW. I dislike him though, but he's champ for a reason.

If he can ride out any sort of decision we’ll never hear the end of it. I’m actually hoping he wins (even though I’m a Woodley fan) just so he can maybe feel comfortable enough in his own skin to drop this lame persona and just be himself.

He even didn't fear the heavyweight who actually assaulted him. You think a meme of him being KO'd would stop him from trolling?

<Dany07> Lmao all the Colby accolytes thinking Colby's only path to a win is to get Tyron tired & exhausted. When the last time you all see TWood gas out? A year ago, two years ago, or you all just hoping it hasn't improved at all in the years gone by when he had gas issues

Colby is not a better wrestler, he's not stronger, he's not faster, he just keeps a good pace and talks a lot sh!t you're gonna need more toolz in your MMA gym bag than cardio, pace, and a non-stop tongue to get past Tyron. Not even Dana White believes Colby as anything for Tyron or he wouldn't have been so quick to toss him aside for Darren Till.

Colby wants a big pay day then he jumps to entertainment wrestling and joins Ronda where his gimmick is standard.

Yes. He will make his money and then fade away. He was never that good but talked his way up, we all know that.

Back