Will Conor employ the same strategy as the Nate 2 fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha that's because training for anything is so beyond the realms of possibility for you.
No....it's because I listened to your weak argument with other posters in this thread. Conor's Knight in shining armor. It's so cute.
So, do you think Conor has good Kickboxing?

No....it's because I listened to your weak argument with other posters in this thread. Conor's Knight in shining armor. It's so cute.
So, do you think Conor has good Kickboxing?
I think he's a good all round MMArtist.

He has strengths and weaknesses.

His kicking looks fine to me.

What weak argument?

Although I favor Ferguson more in this match anyone who thinks Mcgregor is outclassed or only has a punchers chance is blinded by hate. This is a winnable fighter for either man.

Mcgregor can find sucess with the same strategy that he used against Nate in their second fight but he can't gas like he did. Ferguson has enough fight IQ to play into his strengths and take the fight to the ground.

Ferguson fought extremely intelligently against Lee but he still took alot of hard shots. Ferguson's a very awkward versatile striker but his defense appears lacking. If he engages Mcgregor with his chin straight up he could eat a hard left cross.

Just my 2¢...

I think he's a good all round MMArtist.

He has strengths and weaknesses.

His kicking looks fine to me.

What weak argument?
Edit: I asked if you thought he had good Kickboxing....and you come with this shit?
Good all around MMA artist? Ha! He has a left.......a good all around MMA artist is Frankie...the guy your hero hid from.
"He has strengths and weaknesses." .Thanks captain obvious.
His kick Boxing is non existent, and weak. He relies on his left hand.
The weak argument I was speaking of, was pretty much everything you wrote in this thread.
Conor's kicks and strikes are Karate based, not Kick Boxing. He is not breaking anything with Karate.

Edit: I asked if you thought he had good Kickboxing....and you come with this shit?
Good all around MMA artist? Ha! He has a left.......a good all around MMA artist is Frankie...the guy your hero hid from.
The weak argument I was speaking of, was pretty much everything you wrote in this thread.
Conor's kicks and strikes are Karate based, not Kick Boxing. He is not breaking anything with Karate.
Are you saying his training doesn't involve kicking?

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

I bet you've never won a fight in your life.

Anyone with any basic knowledge can see that McGregor is a good all round fighter.

Kicking might not be his strongest weapon but so what?

That you think he can't kick competently at the level he's at is stupid and not even worth discussion to be honest.

Last edited:
Do you have any reasoning behind that statement? Toney and Nate are basically the same size, both have unbelievable gas tanks, and great bottom game sub ability.

I would say Tony is a lot more dynamic than Nate, have you ever seen Nate attempt an imanari roll like Tony did against Barboza? I feel as well that Nate fights more at his opponents pace than Tony does, Tony is always walking forward throwing a mixture of punches, kicks and elbows, Nate basically plods forward throwing one two's with the occasional kick. I think that Tony is more likely to try and take Conor down than Nate too rahter than just engaging him in a standup battle. Fighting Tony in my opinion would be more tiring for Conor than fighting Nate but hey what do I know I am simply one of Sherdogs humble keyboard analysts.

Anyone with any basic knowledge can see that McGregor is a good all round fighter.
His BJJ is half assed at best.
His wrestling sucks balls.
He has his left. So give him a thumbs up for standup, even if it is only his punching....because his kicking sucks.
That's one dimensional.
That's NOT "good all around".

I never fought in MMA...but I wrestled for my entire high school years.
I can clearly see you are a new fan to MMA, who has a huge hard on for Conor.
Oh by the way.....just because he "kicks in practice" does not mean he can Kickbox.

No. He knew in the second fight with Nate that all he had to do was make it through all five rounds and the judges would give him the decision, no matter what. In this fight, I don't think he can be so sure.

Tony can check kicks unlike Nate. It'll be harder to slow him down and keep him at range. If he doesn't have sucess with leg kicks then he'll only be wasting energy. He needs to keep distance and patiently counter strike. This will be difficult due to the reach difference. Conor can manage it but leg kicks aren't a good idea. Work on that TDD and footwork. Distance management is his path to victory.

His BJJ is half assed at best.
His wrestling sucks balls.
He has his left. So give him a thumbs up for standup, even if it is only his punching....because his kicking sucks.
That's one dimensional.
That's NOT "good all around".

I never fought in MMA...but I wrestled for my entire high school years.
I can clearly see you are a new fan to MMA, who has a huge hard on for Conor.
No I've been watching UFC since the mid 90s.

So clearly I was right when I said you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

How has McGregor beat so many opponents if he's so shit? Luck of the Irish?

You mean this?
uuw4iKBZuerqU.gif
13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif

RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif
efd4PI9JM812w.gif

opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif
GATiiFDOC1da8.gif

He meant this

bdbcea8d0ea82abc6e7ae41fb00e48fd.gif

e552923c60d7b5a44a0c040dec80d21f.gif

1dd1565491380ff4735bdcee1d2e0eea.gif

778e2b7de365231c8358c6dc8ef0dd1f.gif

Man you haters are so pathetic. Can I actually just ask you why you spend your day saving GIFS of moments of conors fights you can make fun of? He circled away from Nate to create distance while being tired. And he won 4-5 rounds against Floyd mayweather in boxing? How much better do you want an MMA fighter with 0 boxing fights to do against a 50-0 legend? What's wrong with you people. Yes you will get your likes and feel good, but is it worth it?

Both Diaz bros are two of the worst at cutting the cage off. I doubt running is going to work against Tony if his gas tank fades.

You really show your lack of knowledge here.

No I've been watching UFC since the mid 90s.
I call BS again. You would have said MMA if you had. Be honest....Conor made you come follow UFC.

So clearly I was right when I said you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
No, that is your doing......your thoughts on this entire thread proves this.

How has McGregor beat so many opponents if he's so shit? Luck of the Irish?
His fucking left hand cross you Dullard. All of his wins in the UFC were due to his fucking Left Hand Cross (excluding the bs decision in Diaz2). Are you quick enough to see this shows he is one dimensional? Literally EVERY victory Conor has is from punches, right? Hardly well rounded.

Like I said, you make it obvious you're a newb.

Last edited:
I think so. Conors key to success isn't what most people are saying here. Conor has way better striking. He will bust toneys face up just as bad as Nate's in both fights. It's definitely a big possibility that he can KO him inside 2. But I don't think he does. I think he uses his counters to catch toney throughout the fight, while employing leg kicks. He needs to stick and move. I also think if he drops him like he did Nate, he won't go for the finish because of toneys bottom game. It will be a UD for Conor imo.

I know you Conor fans are mixing up Boxing with MMA now, but the opponent is Tony Ferguson, not James Toney, the boxer that fought Randy in an MMA fight....

And no, Tony is not Nate.
Nate has a problem. he follows people. Tony does not. he traps people.
That alone destroys your theory.

Add the fact that COnor has one round before he gases, and it will not be a decision.

Conor better KO Tony early in the fight... good luck with that!

Are you saying his training doesn't involve kicking?

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

I bet you've never won a fight in your life.

Kicking might not be his strongest weapon but so what?

That you think he can't kick competently at the level he's at is stupid and not even worth discussion to be honest.

HAHA!!! You have got to be shitting me..............You go in after and add these gems? This proves he is a good all round fighter, and a good kicker? Tha fuck atta here.

Nice man bun, Mr.Ballerina has there.

Diaz can box. Ferguson is one of the worst boxers I've seen at this level. Keep that in mind.

Unorthodox striker

We all want Mcgregor to fight Ferguson but this is so off I don't really know where to begin.

Mcgregor's kickboxing is non existent?!?

<bball1>

Karate isn't considered kickboxing?!?
<bball1>

Unorthodox striker

We all want Mcgregor to fight Ferguson but this is so off I don't really know where to begin.

Mcgregor's kickboxing is non existent?!?

<bball1>

Karate isn't considered kickboxing?!?
<bball1>
WTF are you talking about???

Edit: Ok...I'll walk you through this...
ALL of Conor's wins, come from a Left Hand Cross (boxing). He does NOT use kickboxing style, he uses Karate, and his boxing (Left Hand Cross).

Donald Cerrone = Kickboxing.

Lyoto Machida = Karate.

Does that help?

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about???

WTF are you talking about my guy? You just really tried to make the argument that Mcgregor's kickboxing is "non existent" and "weak" and then further exposed yourself as a casual by implying that karate is not kickboxing.

WTF are you talking about my guy? You just really tried to make the argument that Mcgregor's kickboxing is "non existent" and "weak" and then further exposed yourself as a casual by implying that karate is not kickboxing.
WoW.... It's fucking impossible trying to talk sense to you knobgobblers. Even after the Cowboy example......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back