Will Conor employ the same strategy as the Nate 2 fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF are you talking about???

Edit: Ok...I'll walk you through this...
ALL of Conor's wins, come from a Left Hand Cross (boxing). He does NOT use kickboxing style, he uses Karate, and his boxing (Left Hand Cross).

Donald Cerrone = Kickboxing.

Lyoto Machida = Karate.

Does that help?

Look up the definition of kickboxing and then get back to me ;)

His BJJ is half assed at best.
His wrestling sucks balls.
He has his left. So give him a thumbs up for standup, even if it is only his punching....because his kicking sucks.
That's one dimensional.
That's NOT "good all around".

I never fought in MMA...but I wrestled for my entire high school years.
I can clearly see you are a new fan to MMA, who has a huge hard on for Conor.
Oh by the way.....just because he "kicks in practice" does not mean he can Kickbox.

His BJJ is underrated. I wouldn't call it half assed to escape a Mendes Guillotine and reverse Nate Diaz on the ground. His wrestling is pretty good too, just not elite. His biggest flaw is clearly his cardio.

I don't think conor is going to need leg kicks with tony...tony gets hit a ton. he's wobbled many times in his fights...barboza hit him so many freaken times...if that was conor, tony would have been stopped in the first round..which is what I predict, when they do fight...nate has a completely different style than tony...nate is aggressive, but uses his jab and is actually a very good boxer...he boxed cerrones ass off...if you just stand and try and out box nate...you will lose...Tony comes at you, but goes face first..and in doing that, gets tagged A LOT...and conor's boxing is even better now, given all the time he had to prepare for mayweather...
Well of course if Conor gets it done is going to be done by boxing Tony leave his chin right up there his getting hit for sure but the question is again can he finish Tony in first and second if not Conor is in trouble Tony's striking is much better then Diaz, Tony will kick to the leg and body hard and have better takedowns Tony pressure will make Conor even more tired.

His BJJ is underrated. I wouldn't call it half assed to escape a Mendes Guillotine and reverse Nate Diaz on the ground. His wrestling is pretty good too, just not elite. His biggest flaw is clearly his cardio.
Has he won one fight, with either his wrestling, BJJ or his cardio? haha. His wrestling is horrible.

That Guillotine ATTEMPT was horrible, and the reason he lost that fight....had he stuck with ground and pound, Chad would have probably been victorious. Conor's wrestling, sure as fuck sucked against Mendez, and he was taken down at will. Conors losses all come by BJJ, so his BJJ defense at least is not that effective, and we have yet to see him submit anyone. I do completely agree with the Cardio comment...

Last edited:
Diaz has a huge hole in his game with being leg kicked. Conor exploited it. Shit won't work against Tony like it does to Nate. Tony doesn't have the weakness, or many others at this point. He's so well rounded, that I even see his striking be competitive outside of the 2nd round, if Conor survives that long.

Last edited:
I think so. Conors key to success isn't what most people are saying here. Conor has way better striking. He will bust toneys face up just as bad as Nate's in both fights. It's definitely a big possibility that he can KO him inside 2. But I don't think he does. I think he uses his counters to catch toney throughout the fight, while employing leg kicks. He needs to stick and move. I also think if he drops him like he did Nate, he won't go for the finish because of toneys bottom game. It will be a UD for Conor imo.

Leg kicks are a bad idea. He wants no part of the ground.

Tony will hunt him down instead of flipping him off and laughing. I don’t see the plan working to well.

You have got to be joking, and what the fuck have you brought to the table?....

Nice way to cop out.........Karate is NOT Kick Boxingo_O Muay Thai, is what we were talking about.

ugggghhhhh I didn't want to have to explain this to you!

"Kickboxing is a group of stand-up combat sports based on kicking and punching, historically developed from Karate and Muay Thai" - taken from wikipedia

You learn something knew everyday don't you? ;)

Either way you're just spitting hairs this is Mixed Martial Arts and although Mcgregor hasn't utilized his kicks in his most recent fights (which explains why you wouldn't know) he is actually a very dynamic and effective kicker.

I'm done picking on you my guy. I just can't stand sherdogers spouting pure bullshit just because they are either uninformed or don't like a particular fighter.

I think so. Conors key to success isn't what most people are saying here. Conor has way better striking. He will bust toneys face up just as bad as Nate's in both fights. It's definitely a big possibility that he can KO him inside 2. But I don't think he does. I think he uses his counters to catch toney throughout the fight, while employing leg kicks. He needs to stick and move. I also think if he drops him like he did Nate, he won't go for the finish because of toneys bottom game. It will be a UD for Conor imo.
Man. If it goes past 2 rounds it's a wrap for Tony. I can't stand the guy but if he gets anyone into the deep waters he will win.

That Guillotine ATTEMPT was horrible, and the reason he lost that fight....had he stuck with ground and pound, Chad would have probably been victorious. Conor's wrestling, sure as fuck sucked against Mendez, and he was taken down at will. Conors losses all come by BJJ, so his BJJ defense at least is not that effective, and we have yet to see him submit anyone. I do completely agree with the Cardio comment...
You should fight McGregor if you think he's so useless.

PLEASE.

ugggghhhhh I didn't want to have to explain this to you!

"Kickboxing is a group of stand-up combat sports based on kicking and punching, historically developed from Karate and Muay Thai" - taken from wikipedia

You learn something knew everyday don't you? ;)

Either way you're just spitting hairs this is Mixed Martial Arts and although Mcgregor hasn't utilized his kicks in his most recent fights (which explains why you wouldn't know) he is actually a very dynamic and effective kicker.

I'm done picking on you my guy. I just can't stand sherdogers spouting pure bullshit just because they are either uninformed or don't like a particular fighter.
HAHA!!! Anyone can Google........If you actually watched MMA, you would know what the fuck I am saying. If you are too technical to understand the stylistic difference between Cowboy and The Dragon, then there is no hope for you.

You should fight McGregor if you think he's so useless.

PLEASE.
And you should bury your nose up his ass some more.....McGregor won't fight me....that would mean he would have to defend, and I am not a big enough Payday for Champ,Champ.

And you should bury your nose up his ass some more.....McGregor won't fight me....that would mean he would have to defend, and I am not a big enough Payday for Champ,Champ.
How does it feel to have been exposed as a retarded casual prick who knows nothing about MMA?

I've never seen anyone get roasted by so many people on one thread before.

Well done. Everyone now knows what a clueless little twat you are.

bork1}<{Heymansnicker}>

How does it feel to have been exposed as a retarded casual prick who knows nothing about MMA?

I've never seen anyone get roasted by so many people on one thread before.

Well done. Everyone now knows what a clueless little twat you are.

bork1}<{Heymansnicker}>
Says the Conor nuthugger..................The irony is delicious.

Says the Conor nuthugger..................
WTF does that even mean?

You don't enjoy watching any particular fighters?

You just hate them all?

Me being entertained by McGregor doesn't stop you being a dunce does it?

just a wild guess, but I bet he strikes with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back