Will Eddie Alvarez Ever Get Another Title Shot?

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With the murderers row at the top of the LW division, what are the chances Eddie Alvarez will be able to get another shot at the strap? He is currently ranked #3 with a big fight against Dustin Poirier coming up. We all know that of the LW big 3, El Cucuy is injured (but appears to be healing like wolverine) and Conor is, well... Conor. Would a W against "The Diamond" allow him to challenge Khabib near the end of 2018 if neither of those other 2 are able/willing to fight? If not, what, if anything, can he do to get back on top?

The man is a legend and always entertaining, but has a lot of wear and tear. I never thought he'd get another shot after the embarrassment that was UFC 205, but after looking at the rankings and guys current status, this may be the perfect storm for him to sneak into a TS. I pull for the guy, but something would feel .. off.. about him competing for another title with the memory of his last title fight still semi-fresh. What's the sherdog verdict?

I think you’re right, if he can beat Dustin, and whoever else happens to be next I don’t see why not

Beats Dustin then gets Tony, and the winner of that fights the winner of Khabib/Conor.

I like his chances.

He is a fighers fighter. All around skills. Good cardio. Amazing heart. He takes good care of himself and is far from a slacker. I'm pulling for him big time.

He also is a genuine dude with a ridiculously good looking family. Gotta love Alverez.

I think you’re right, if he can beat Dustin, and whoever else happens to be next I don’t see why not
Agree. If he wins his next two im certain he would be knocking at that door right back

I see rematch happening after Conor puts Khabib to clinic and sleeps him. Eddie is second best guy in LW after Conor.

I see rematch happening after Conor puts Khabib to clinic and sleeps him. Eddie is second best guy in LW after Conor.
I'm REALLY not interested in seeing him fight McGregor again haha. It can't go any worse than the first time, but I just don't see him being able to challenge Conor. Do you really think Eddie is better than Khabib and Tony, or are you just saying that to make Conor's W look more impressive ? ;)
Now, Eddie vs. either Khabib/Ferguson? I could definitely get excited for that.

The winner of Porier and Alvarez is position to get the next title shot after (if) Khabib vs McGregor actually happens in fall and Ferguson is still out.

The loser probably has a date with Kevin Lee.

stylistically he matches up very well against Tony and Khabib

Horribly against Conor though

The winner of Porier and Alvarez is position to get the next title shot after (if) Khabib vs McGregor actually happens in fall and Ferguson is still out.

if Tony is back, does he wait for winner of Khabib vs Connie winner? Or does he fight winner of this fight? If Conor isn't back and Tony heals up, is that fight booked for the 18th time?

If Dustin wins, is he next in line?

Where does Lee fit into the picture right now? Because he's arguably a fight or two away from a title shot too.

It's crazy how stacked LW is. There's merit for almost anyone to get a title shot that's top 5.

yeah he in the mix for sure, if he beats dustin i think one more fight and then fight for the belt.

I like his chances.

He is a fighers fighter. All around skills. Good cardio. Amazing heart. He takes good care of himself and is far from a slacker. I'm pulling for him big time.

He also is a genuine dude with a ridiculously good looking family. Gotta love Alverez.
Specially his screeching wife. How beautiful is her ? Always ruins the damn events.

If Conor is in the title picture I don't see him getting a shot. No one wants to see that fight again.

Alvarez is never getting another shot at the belt if Conor is the one holding it.

With the murderers row at the top of the LW division, what are the chances Eddie Alvarez will be able to get another shot at the strap? He is currently ranked #3 with a big fight against Dustin Poirier coming up. We all know that of the LW big 3, El Cucuy is injured (but appears to be healing like wolverine) and Conor is, well... Conor. Would a W against "The Diamond" allow him to challenge Khabib near the end of 2018 if neither of those other 2 are able/willing to fight? If not, what, if anything, can he do to get back on top?

The man is a legend and always entertaining, but has a lot of wear and tear. I never thought he'd get another shot after the embarrassment that was UFC 205, but after looking at the rankings and guys current status, this may be the perfect storm for him to sneak into a TS. I pull for the guy, but something would feel .. off.. about him competing for another title with the memory of his last title fight still semi-fresh. What's the sherdog verdict?

yes after he beats dustin he will fight khabib next.

when yoel can get a title shot after missing weight eddie will get one after beating dustin.

Beats Dustin then gets Tony, and the winner of that fights the winner of Khabib/Conor.

so what if tony is out until the summer why should khabib have to wait so long to fight.

please dont say cause of conor cause the world needs to understand he retired.

well it not when will the world get conor is retired.

Back