Will the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight ever be topped in terms of magnitude?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Forget about how boring, or whatever that fight turned out into. Based on the magnitude of the spectacle alone, do you think there will ever be fight that could dethrone that MEGA fight between Floyd and Manny?

I know you remember that feeling when the fight was about to start, with the introductions of the boxers, and the sound of the opening bell. That kind of spectacle was something!

mayweather_pacquiao1280-1040x572.jpg

Not any time soon, I don’t see any stars who could pull that off

eh probably yeah.

When Tyson-Lewis happened people said the same thing. Then a few yrs went by and Pac and Floyd built themselves up, and surpassed it. So in a few yrs, we will see two guys ( who we probably don't even know yet) do the same.

Although from what I understand, the biggest fight in history just in terms of hype, people watching etc, was Ali-Frazier 1

McGregor v Mayweather was a different kind of spectacle, even my non combat sport watching mates wanted to see that one, I couldn't believe the interest it generated. But those two fights are hard to match, they don't come along every decade that's for sure.

McGregor v Mayweather was a different kind of spectacle, even my non combat sport watching mates wanted to see that one, I couldn't believe the interest it generated. But those two fights are hard to match, they don't come along every decade that's for sure.
For real, even my woman friends got hooked because of the pre-fight promotions lol

Oscar-Floyd was pretty big and overall felt like Mayweather-Pacquiao

For real, even my woman friends got hooked because of the pre-fight promotions lol

They even showed that fight on the screens at an Aussie Rules match at our big stadium here, that hasn't happened before for anything, mind blowing.

As a fan I sure hope so. I also hope it marinates for just the right amount of time beforehand too and happens when both fighters are still in their prime. Years of Floyd stonewalling this fight really took the shine off of it when it eventually happened but I was still excited. Didn't think it was boring either.

Back