Will the United States ever see a president as great as Ronald Reagan again?

Reagan ran the most corrupt administration as well.

The guy was dirtier than a Tampa glory hole

1. Lincoln
2. FDR
3. Washington
4. Jefferson
5. LBJ
6. Kennedy
7. Truman
8. Eisenhower
9. Madison
10. Wilson
11. Polk
12. Teddy Roosevelt
13. Monroe
14. Obama
15. Adams
16. Reagan
17. Jackson

Imo

Honestly, Reagan would absolutely be in my bottom 5. Mine would be something like:

1. FDR
2. Lincoln
3. Theodore Roosevelt
4. Washington
5. Monroe
6. Jefferson
7. Eisenhower
8. Truman
9. Madison
10. LBJ
11. Obama
12. Wilson
13. Kennedy
14. Polk
15. McKinley
16. Q Adams
17. Adams
18. Cleveland
19. Nixon
20. Taft
21. Jackson
22. Clinton

I mean, there are obviously some real stinkers in American presidential history, but, the way I see it, they weren't so bad that they precluded the country from becoming the greatest power in world history. Reagan's legacy will not be minimized so easily, as the fall of the American empire, economy, and way of life will trace directly to his corruption and, although to be fair not to his fault, his posthumous lionization. It's very hard for me to say that guys like Buchanan, Johnson, and Filmore should be regarded historically as worse than Reagan.

Honestly, Reagan would absolutely be in my bottom 5. Mine would be something like:

1. FDR
2. Lincoln
3. Theodore Roosevelt
4. Washington
5. Monroe
6. Jefferson
7. Eisenhower
8. Truman
9. Madison
10. LBJ
11. Obama
12. Wilson
13. Kennedy
14. Polk
15. McKinley
16. Q Adams
17. Adams
18. Cleveland
19. Nixon
20. Taft
21. Jackson
22. Clinton

I mean, there are obviously some real stinkers in American presidential history, but, the way I see it, they weren't so bad that they precluded the country from becoming the greatest power in world history. Reagan's legacy will not be minimized so easily, as the fall of the American empire, economy, and way of life will trace directly to his corruption and, although to be fair not to his fault, his posthumous lionization. It's very hard for me to say that guys like Buchanan, Johnson, and Filmore should be regarded historically as worse than Reagan.

Obama at 11? The man who doubled the deficit and promoted racism as well as Anti-Police nonsense? The man who went on an apology tour?

You can’t be serious. Obama is the worst president of our generation. After GWB that is an impressive failure.

1. FDR
2. Lincoln
3. Theodore Roosevelt
4. Washington
5. Monroe
6. Jefferson
7. Eisenhower
8. Truman
9. Madison
10. LBJ
11. Obama
12. Wilson
13. Kennedy
14. Polk
15. McKinley
16. Q Adams
17. Adams
18. Cleveland
19. Nixon
20. Taft
21. Jackson
22. Clinton

I will always put Jackson at the end

Love him or hate him

Reagan IS the most impactful president of the last 30+ years.

Foor good and for ill we are still dealing with the consequences and results from his decisions.

Reagan is almost universally accepted as the greatest president of our time even amongst liberals. The man was a true American hero and rescued this country from a poor economy, gas crisis, and the Cold War. He helped rectify many of the issues regarding tax inequality and ended taxes which punished corporations. Most importantly he was a true American who loved his nation and all its people rather than a racist bigot like the Obama’s or a dunce like GWB.

Trump is doing a great job especially with this new tax reform but I don’t think he can succeed like Reagan did with the state of the American people. People don’t have the work ethic or morals that they once had. You have racists kneeling at the national anthem because they think it’s wrong for police officers to do their job. You have young people supporting shitbags like Bernie Sanders who stand for everything that America is against. You have social media poisoning our populace.

Trump.

Obama at 11? The man who doubled the deficit and promoted racism as well as Anti-Police nonsense? The man who went on an apology tour?

You can’t be serious. Obama is the worst president of our generation. After GWB that is an impressive failure.

I'm no Obama fan, but all those criticisms are vapid.

If you want to criticize obama, it should be for his wars, and his Chicago gangster friends.

Still though I see liberals praising Reagan all the time.

You see neo-liberals sometimes praise him. Yuge difference.

The collapse of the American middle-class essentially began - and got a gigantic push off - during the Reagan years as a direct result of his economic policies. The graphs do not lie.

I agree. He started the ball rolling that’s for sure.

Ronald Reagan's Christmas card be like:

"Merry Christmas! Here's some trickle down economics and a crack epidemic!

Much love and season's greetings, from the Reagan family to you."

Back