Will we ever see the return of Marcelo?

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
i was watching quintet 2 and thinking how Marcelo could have taken out the entire Tiger Muay Thai team by himself, and it really made me miss watching him compete.

I think it’d be cool to see him come back for an adcc super fight or coach/compete with an mginaction team in quintet.

anyone here from his gym have some insight on if he’ll ever return to competition, even just for one match?

i dont think he could
Tough match up, hard to say who would win, though Marcelo is bigger and stronger so he could theoretically smash rafas guard.
he has trouble passing cobrinhas guard and rafas is better in my opinion

i love garcia hes my first idol in jiu jitsu when i saw him beat renzo and vitor shaolin

but i think guys today at that weight and level in the gi would cause him troubles hed do better no gi for sure but even then i dont see him having near the success he had in his adcc runs

i doubt it. it would have happened by now.

Marcelo seems to have very little to gain by making a comeback.

i dont think he could

i love garcia hes my first idol in jiu jitsu when i saw him beat renzo and vitor shaolin

but i think guys today at that weight and level in the gi would cause him troubles hed do better no gi for sure but even then i dont see him having near the success he had in his adcc runs

I’m not expecting him to go out and win adcc again or anything, but I think a super fight against someone near his age with similar accomplishments would be cool.

Or he could promote his club by getting an mginaction team in quintet. The rules are right up his alley.

I’m not expecting him to go out and win adcc again or anything, but I think a super fight against someone near his age with similar accomplishments would be cool.

If Marcelo gets back in shape he might as well go back fully.
A legend vs legend super fight seems very high stakes so it's not something he could half ass.

So is Renzao, yet he still competes
Yea but he never stopped competing.

At high levels you can't leave and come back. Only a few guys in history across sports have tired and succeeded

Maecelo: I'm coming out if retirement!

Terere: #metoo! I've stopped drugs, been hitting P90X, doing yoga, on a juice cleanse, and ready to go!

Marcelo: I've decided to focus more on coaching, growing my academy and website, and my family.

Terere: #metoo! I've stopped drugs, been hitting P90X, doing yoga, on a juice cleanse, and ready to go!

Marcelo: I've decided to focus more on coaching, growing my academy and website, and my family.
Well done

Marcelo: “I’m coming back”

Terere: “me too”

Marcelo: “great Are you going to do no gi this time?”

Terere: “nooo that shit is too gay”

Marcelo is not too old... wtf.. he’s like 34 he is still in his prime ... Mma champs a much tougher sport are mostly around that age...

Roger came back at 38 after something like 10 years and mopped the floor with buchecha...

If he gets back in competition shape, he’s going to murder a lot of the new guys..

i dont think he could

When was the last time you’ve seen cobrinha get his guard passed?

No gi, Marcelo ... gi... probably rafa

Marcelo: “I’m coming back”

Terere: “me too”

Marcelo: “great Are you going to do no gi this time?”

Terere: “nooo that shit is too gay”

Why you gotta ruin that man's joke like that?

He certainly could. Didn't Ricardo Liborio and Mario Sperry have a "superfight" just a few years ago?

Back