Will Wonderboy vs Till go down like Edgar vs Yair?

having better footwork means fuck all if you fight an experienced fighter who knows how to cut off a ring/cage.... and Till does, he will be in Wonderboys face the entire fight... and will stop him eventually

You cant effectively cut off a fighter with better footwork than you in a circle with no real corners

What you're saying here is you think Till has better or at least equal footwork, and Wonderboy just moves around a lot more. If you actually meant that Wonderboy had better footwork to any significant degree that merited stating it you wouldn't then base your point around Till being able to shut it down with pressure which is a kind of footwork

You cant effectively cut off a fighter with better footwork than you in a circle with no real corners

What you're saying here is you think Till has better or at least equal footwork, and Wonderboy just moves around a lot more. If you actually meant that Wonderboy had better footwork to any significant degree that merited stating it you wouldn't then base your point around Till being able to shut it down with pressure which is a kind of footwork
yeah you can, you just need to stay in front of them.... if Till has control of the inside of the cage WB will have further to move than he will, hence less work to stay in front. Wonderboy has better footwork, but Till is no slouch when it comes to footwork either. Im saying his footwork and control of the cage is good enough to stay in WB's face and not give him the space he needs for his kicks to be effective

yeah you can, you just need to stay in front of them.... if Till has control of the inside of the cage WB will have further to move than he will, hence less work to stay in front. Wonderboy has better footwork, but Till is no slouch when it comes to footwork either. Im saying his footwork and control of the cage is good enough to stay in WB's face and not give him the space he needs for his kicks to be effective

So what you're saying is that he will be able to out position Wonderboy and effectively limit Wonderboys striking options while maximizing his own offense by establishing the range he wants

With his movement

So what you're saying is that he will be able to out position Wonderboy and effectively limit Wonderboys striking options while maximizing his own offense by establishing the range he wants

With his movement
are you trying to catch me out on something?

I just stated in the post you quoted that Till has good footwork also

are you trying to catch me out on something?

I just stated in the post you quoted that Till has good footwork also

No I'm just confused as to why you're saying Wonderboy has better footwork
When in your breakdown of why Till will win is basically that he'll be doing better in the footwork department
There's something I'm missing with your point, unless you're saying that the other things Till can do such as his power and kicks will slow Wonderboy's footwork down or something

Till is a more complete striker than Wonderboy
Based on what? 2 fights in the UFC against mediocre opposition vs #2 WW in the world, unbeaten kick boxer who has never lost a fight on the feet in the UFC?

I'm not saying Till can't win, but to say Till is a more complete striker than Wonderboy is absolutely silly and premature at the very least.

No I'm just confused as to why you're saying Wonderboy has better footwork
When in your breakdown of why Till will win is basically that he'll be doing better in the footwork department
There's something I'm missing with your point, unless you're saying that the other things Till can do such as his power and kicks will slow Wonderboy's footwork down or something
so if I say WB has better footwork that automatically means Till is so inferior in that department he cant win utilising his footwork and cage control?

footwork is one aspect of ring generalship, surely you should know that?

so if I say WB has better footwork that automatically means Till is so inferior in that department he cant win utilising his footwork and cage control?

footwork is one aspect of ring generalship, surely you should know that?

How are footwork and cage control different?

Based on what? 2 fights in the UFC against mediocre opposition vs #2 WW in the world, unbeaten kick boxer who has never lost a fight on the feet in the UFC?

I'm not saying Till can't win, but to say Till is a more complete striker than Wonderboy is absolutely silly and premature at the very least.
he grew up a thaiboxer and has rounded out his striking game, so based on that he is more complete than an American Karate fighter

How are footwork and cage control different?
I just said its an aspect of it, but theres more to "cage control" or ring generalship as I called it than just footwork

he grew up a thaiboxer and has rounded out his striking game, so based on that he is more complete than an American Karate fighter
Wonderboy competition >>>>>>>>>>>>> Till competition

I just said its an aspect of it, but theres more to "cage control" or ring generalship as I called it than just footwork
So what are the other aspects of cage control or ring generlship
that don't involve contact

Wonderboy is gonna eat Till's ass and derail another hype train.

So what are the other aspects of cage control or ring generlship
that don't involve contact
range, pressure, footwork are three off the top of my head. the person who controls those aspects tends to control the fight

range, pressure, footwork are three off the top of my head. the person who controls those aspects tends to control the fight

Oh okay I see, then this is just a semantics issue
To me cage control and footwork are synonymous because range and pressure are just aspects of footwork along with movement. To me footwork is just effectively positioning yourself to maximize your offense while hopefully minimizing your opponents.

For example, Jose Aldo has far better footwork than Franke Edgar, but my assumption is that you'd probably argue that Frankie has better footwork but Aldo has better cage control (that might not be true, but you gather from my example where the difference lies)

carry on, I was just curious

Back