Will you be buying AC Origins?

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score
I'm torn if I should buy it or not. I'm desperately in need of a new game and South Park TFBW isn't doing it for me at the moment. I haven't played an AC game since the second one.

Watching gameplay videos the map does look huge and detailed, but the combat is putting me off. Seems to be more Hack And Slashy rather than the evasive counters in the previous instalments. The scout eagle looks cool and I love the idea of exploring pyramids, but combat is a huge deal for the game since you're a freaking assassin, and it just looks underwhelming.

I pre-ordered it because the combat is different. I always thought the wait for this one single guy to come at me, press Y to counter kill him was mind numbingly dull and not active enough for a badass assassin character. The setting sealed the deal for me because ancient Egypt is probably one of the most dynamic and exciting places in all of history. Pre-load is all ready for release. I also love loot in games and the variety of weapons seems pretty good. Can't wait.

Oh yeah, not until a sale though

Thats just because i have a backlog

The game looks dope cant wait to romp around in ancient egypt

Definitely will be buying. Looks like they actually changed quite a bit about AC and looks more exploration based and rpg-like (hopefully).

My favorite AC game is by far Black Flag, but Origins looks really solid so far, I hope its as good as it looks.

Last edited:
Will buy it eventually. Have too many games already on my backlog and I'm already in the process of replaying the other AC games to refresh my memory on the entire story.

Ill get it once the price comes down, i have too many games to get through atm.

Haven't played an AC since Black Flag so hopefully they've mixed things up.

yes i skipped the last 2 that came out looks like it paid off i like the setting of this one like how this is the being of the assassins creed. combat looks fun in this one

On sale yeah.

Really wish they could go back to what they were doing in Black Flag with other characters in that time period.

You guys need to play Shadow of Mordor and then Shadow of War.

You guys need to play Shadow of Mordor and then Shadow of War.
I'm playing SoW right now but need a break from it and am just about done with the South Park game so I'll be switch over to AC from the South Park game and hopefully the commands in ACO doesn't differ from the ones in SoW.

I'm playing SoW right now but need a break from it and am just about done with the South Park game so I'll be switch over to AC from the South Park game and hopefully the commands in ACO doesn't differ from the ones in SoW.

Quite different.

Quite different.
I know going to AC Unity from Black Flag they changed so much shit around I swore off AC games. The last one with the brother and sister they went back toward Black Flag parkour type getting around which is fairly close to SoW minus the Celebrimbor powers. Hopefully they didn't try and over complicate this like they did with Unity.

Do not buy a Ubisoft game on day 1. Their open world games always have myriad HUGE problems, and usually are not taken care of in the least for weeks.

Are they still following the Desmond storyline? Or has that been wrapped up?

I'm sure I'll get Origins eventually although I haven't been following the lead up to release all that closely. The Egyptian setting doesn't do a whole lot for me, and I'm also not sure I like the idea of them going back in time and having a protagonist that pre-dates Altair in the timeline. But we'll see what is being said about the game after release.

Do not buy a Ubisoft game on day 1. Their open world games always have myriad HUGE problems, and usually are not taken care of in the least for weeks.
Was about to post the same thing. You are a fool if you buy any ubisoft game day 1. Give at least a few weeks for the reviews to shake out.

My first and strongest instinct is that Ubi hasn’t done shit but make things prettier. I’m betting the gameplay is just as stale but “oh graphics are purrdy” lol.

Same shit as Far Cry 5. Yeah it looks great but it’s a fresh coat of paint on an old turd. Watch Dogs 2 was on the right track. This other crap is just eye candy.

But hey, I hope I’m wrong. My brother is getting it Friday so we’ll see.

Back