Will you be buying AC Origins?

FUCK YES!

I will also be rewatching in The Mummy (1999). I love me some ancient Egypt lore.

Very fun so far I haven't even touched the main story quest since being able to go anywhere I want I explored the three pyramids and just have been doing side quest and taking over camps and going hunting so I can Craft

This is actually the most immersive game I've played since Metro Last Light. I seriously recommend playing with the HUD turned off. They even got rid of the white flashing on characters so with the HUD off the graphics are so fucking lovely.

It runs at a perfect 60fps on Ultra for me with a 1080ti and the AA is so good I have no need to run it at 4k, which is something I usually do since I play on a crazy large projection screen.

I just wish I could go back in time and prevent myself from purchasing AC 2, AC 3, AC Unity, and AC Syndicate. AC 1 and AC Black Flag were the only ones worth a damn but still nowhere as immersive as this one!

Are the boats programmed to deliberately fuck with you while swimming?

Are the boats programmed to deliberately fuck with you while swimming?
I think those one-man civilian boats are there to help. Climb on one and you can borrow them while the dude sits down.

lol i think so i just kill them n jack their boat

Lol, you can borrow the boat. A Medjay is supposed to protect civilians!

The pyramids are fun to explore. Just big enough to make it worthwhile and not get too boring by being too big.

I killed my first roaming Phylake, the level 20 one, dragged his body around town on my horse and then threw fire bombs on his corpse. I was hoping the roaming guards would do something but alas, they didn't. :(

The quest Her Sting or whatever it's called, the murder investigation was awesome. Highly recommend you don't skip that one. The ending part was creepy and had great atmosphere.

Noticed you won't get the pelt if you use melee instead of a bow. Makes sense, but can't use lion cages (etc) to kill guards because of it.

Lol, you can borrow the boat. A Medjay is supposed to protect civilians!

The pyramids are fun to explore. Just big enough to make it worthwhile and not get too boring by being too big.

I killed my first roaming Phylake, the level 20 one, dragged his body around town on my horse and then threw fire bombs on his corpse. I was hoping the roaming guards would do something but alas, they didn't. :(

The quest Her Sting or whatever it's called, the murder investigation was awesome. Highly recommend you don't skip that one. The ending part was creepy and had great atmosphere.
I've already beat her Sting quest it's my favorite so far also I have killed at least 2 Phylake already. I really wanna do the arena quest buts it's like level 37 I'm only 24 so far

Oh yeah, not until a sale though

Thats just because i have a backlog

The game looks dope cant wait to romp around in ancient egypt

I know what you mean with the backlog of games. I'll eventually get AC Origins though, I haven't played since the 3rd one, but this one looks good.

Once I wrap up some of my backlogged games, I still need to buy Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Oh, and the games I need to finish first are: Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain and Final Fantasy XV.

This holiday season will spend a lot of time playing video games, hahaha

Does anyone else think the new combat system is just awful? It was an element of the game that really didn't need to be improved and its been messed with for the sake of change.
I think visually this game is mind blowing and the eagle makes me finally quite enjoy stealth missions so there has definitely been some positive advances for the series. With that said though the open world just feels sort of empty...the city and villages just don't have the hustle and bustle of Syndicate or Unity and you spend a lot of time just travelling with nothing happening. My other gripe is that the merchants are now basically useless as the game just gives you better weapons and your health auto regenerates.
I lost faith in this series a long time ago, I hated 3 and black flag however I think syndicate is maybe my all time favourite game. I loved that it was in London and I recognised so many places and historical happenings, I thought the controls were perfect and the story was compelling. I then went back to Unity and I thought that was actually a damn fine, under rated game so I'm not an A.C hater, I wanted this game to be incredible....it just isn't though.

I hate to say but origins is really a bit take it or leave it for me, the combat is awful and the setting is too old which means no city to free run around the roof tops.

Noticed you won't get the pelt if you use melee instead of a bow. Makes sense, but can't use lion cages (etc) to kill guards because of it.
you should still get them I killed some lions with a spear and still got them.

you should still get them I killed some lions with a spear and still got them.
will check next time. maybe you don't get one on each kill (regardless)

Definitely will be buying. Looks like they actually changed quite a bit about AC and looks more exploration based and rpg-like (hopefully).

My favorite AC game is by far Black Flag, but Origins looks really solid so far, I hope its as good as it looks.

hearing Kenway shouting "drag them to their doom!" still gets me hyped.

will check next time. maybe you don't get one on each kill (regardless)
I went and checked it agian and you still get them I even boarded a ship that had some lions caged up and I released them and was able to get them after the romans killed them.

Does anyone else think the new combat system is just awful? It was an element of the game that really didn't need to be improved and its been messed with for the sake of change.
I think visually this game is mind blowing and the eagle makes me finally quite enjoy stealth missions so there has definitely been some positive advances for the series. With that said though the open world just feels sort of empty...the city and villages just don't have the hustle and bustle of Syndicate or Unity and you spend a lot of time just travelling with nothing happening. My other gripe is that the merchants are now basically useless as the game just gives you better weapons and your health auto regenerates.
I lost faith in this series a long time ago, I hated 3 and black flag however I think syndicate is maybe my all time favourite game. I loved that it was in London and I recognised so many places and historical happenings, I thought the controls were perfect and the story was compelling. I then went back to Unity and I thought that was actually a damn fine, under rated game so I'm not an A.C hater, I wanted this game to be incredible....it just isn't though.

I hate to say but origins is really a bit take it or leave it for me, the combat is awful and the setting is too old which means no city to free run around the roof tops.

The combat is what sold me on the game actually. I haaaaated the combat in AC 1 and 2. But different strokes for different folks. I'll take pyramids and deserts over city rooftops and tons of buildings you can't ever enter.

I really need to play Black Flag someday because almost everyone talking about Origins keeps saying "O haven't had this much fun with an AC game since Black Flag."

I just got a xbox1 bundle. This came with forza hot wheels. Definitely excited,ive played all the AC except the London one.

The combat is what sold me on the game actually. I haaaaated the combat in AC 1 and 2. But different strokes for different folks. I'll take pyramids and deserts over city rooftops and tons of buildings you can't ever enter.

I really need to play Black Flag someday because almost everyone talking about Origins keeps saying "O haven't had this much fun with an AC game since Black Flag."
Before Origins black flag was the last assassin Creed game I played And that was my favorite I loved the setting And Loved the character u played. I know some people hated black flag but for me being a pirate assassin was really fun and it's funny that a pirate would be assassin because they like to take shit head on instead of sneaking around

Different strokes indeed, I did not enjoy black flag, the land parts were great but the emphasis on time at sea just frustrated me. It's odd that fans of the series seem so divided on what games are good and which are bad, I think as far as series go AC must be the most divisive among people who have played them all as to what actually constitutes a good assassins creed game!

Back