PT Sandman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Windy Curved Punch Mitts

Windy01.JPG

Windy02.JPG

Windy03.JPG

These are Windy's version of curved punching mitts, sometimes called pantera mitts. They are imported from Thailand by CSI.

The first think you notice is the fresh smell of real leather. There is no mistaking that smell. Then after looking and feeling them, you realize that these mitts are high quality equipment.
From the leather shell, to the leather lacing and double stitching, you can be sure that these will last. The padding is thick and of a great quality compared to other less expensive punching mitts.

Putting these mitts on was a challenge. Thai gear tends to run small. Personally I have a small hand. I usually get medium gloves. These punching mitts were tough to get into. Someone with a "normal" or large size hand might not be able to fit into them. After a little persuasion, I finally had them on my hands. The finger enclosures were secure and the padded wrist strap, something that is sometimes overlooked, really helps once someone is punching the mitts.

The mitts contour to the natural shape of your hands and wrist when you hold them up for a target. This means less wear and tear on the person holding them. They have a nice white leather target in the middle that provides a nice pop when hit dead center.

I held these while a friend (about 300lbs), went off on them. My palms held up fine, I didn't feel anything through them. Punches, uppercuts, knees, all protected by the 2.5" of padding.

In conclusion, these are some of the best curved mitts out there. While a little pricey to some, they are worth every penny to your training partner who holds them. They will thank you. These are high quality, tough, long lasting mitts. Some might perfer the less expensive Fairtex mitts to these, but remember, you get what you pay for.

Pros:
Made of authentic, high quality, long lasting material.
2.5" of padding
Padded wrist straps
Double stiching and leather lacing

Cons:
Can be pricey for some
Difficult fitting for people with large hands

These retail from Combat Sports for $84.95 + shipping.

I've been really thinking about these, and bugging Paul to get them at MMAMuscle. Do you think you could post a pic of them on your hands (or atleast one)? I know it's kind of an old review, but I'm just now getting down my "gear list" and punching mitts are what I'm looking to get soon.

Sorry. I had 3 pairs and sold them all. I still have new CSI Thai and Cobra gloves though.

The Windy Punch Mitts are kinda small though as far as some hand targets go. As you can see by the picture, they are only slightly wider than your hand.

got a pair in tan and black - fucking awesome!!!!

Back