Wing Chun?

I think TKD has changed a lot over with time. From what I've heard, it was tough back in the 60's. Not like today. Many things go sporty and gets less tough. Maybe it's the fighters looking for points or something these days. TKD can probably make you pretty good with moving the feet, but I've watched too little of it to see if the stances are any good or has decayed. A lot of hopping back and forth which in itself can present a predictable and hard-to-break pattern. Well, just wanted to say that TKD used to be tough. :)

JKD -- Both those guys fought like beginners. I don't think either of them were champs, and that supposed "Wing Chun fighter" didn't fight anything like a Wing Chun practitioner.

WingChun is right about that video. The Wing Chun artist seemed to forgot all his training and just swing at his opponent. The "Thai Boxer" isn't good either. One match between two D level guys hardly proves a thing. Funny how all the Wing Chun guys avoid serious events against serious opponents...

Here is who the two guys in the video are...

Ken (The power house) Tannis - Wing chun kung fu (trousers)
vs
Paul Spinks - UKMTF Muay Thai, British champion (shorts)

Thats because when it boils down, KF fighters might just as well start swinging and hope for the best.

Originally posted by FISTICUFFS
Thats because when it boils down, KF fighters might just as well start swinging and hope for the best.
i agree. right when they get hit, they realize everything they learned didn't prepare them, so they have to 'improvise'.

i agree. right when they get hit, they realize everything they learned didn't prepare them, so they have to 'improvise'.
Oh that's right...I forgot -- because Muay Thai, Kyukoshin, kickboxing, and boxing practitioners never get hit...

Originally posted by WingChun
Oh that's right...I forgot -- because Muay Thai, Kyukoshin, kickboxing, and boxing practitioners never get hit...

what are u talking about? we always get hit. we don't have to improvise anything in a fight (cept maybe what to do when we get taken down, but i'm a wrestler and BJJer so less worries for me)because getting hit is nothing new to us.
when we get hit in a fight, we stay calm because we're used to it. a kungfu guy panicks in enlightenment when he gets hit b/c its unexpected. many kungfu guys think they're untouchable once they leanred kungfu.

WingChun, just give it up ok? Thai Boxers, Kyokushin artists, and Boxers get hit all the time but they used realistic blocking an avoiding skills unlike WC. WC guys don't condition there bodies and are not mentally able to take punishment like real strikers are.

In the words of the ear biting Tyson, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." I've been hit lots. That is what happens when you fight. The styles Siver Wolf mentioned incorporate getting hit in their training programs. Realistic styles + real traing = GOOD FIGHTERS.

Originally posted by FISTICUFFS
In the words of the ear biting Tyson, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

exactly. ive heard and liked this quote already, but i never thought it can explain kungfu.

WingChun, just give it up ok? Thai Boxers, Kyokushin artists, and Boxers get hit all the time but they used realistic blocking an avoiding skills unlike WC. WC guys don't condition there bodies and are not mentally able to take punishment like real strikers are.
Dude, just grow up alright?

Wing Chun guys don't condition their bodies? This proves you don't know anything about Wing Chun. We do iron palm, iron shin, and iron shirt training which are all conditioning forms intended to prepare a fighter for getting hit, and giving him/her the ability to take punishment.

Dude, until you know anything about a style don't even bother talking about it.

WingChun, WangChun, TKD, Thai, Karate it doesn't matter anymore... Guys who are out in mma do a little something from all of it. Who ever doesn't cross train isn't winning.

Originally posted by Kimura Fan
WingChun, WangChun, TKD, Thai, Karate it doesn't matter anymore... Guys who are out in mma do a little something from all of it. Who ever doesn't cross train isn't winning.

but whoever cross trains in the wrong MAs lose bad. like "4th degree blakbelt in TKD, 2nd degree in karate, 1st degree in judo, and 4th degree i hapkido." mcdojo brands like this lose.

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
but whoever cross trains in the wrong MAs lose bad. like "4th degree blakbelt in TKD, 2nd degree in karate, 1st degree in judo, and 4th degree i hapkido." mcdojo brands like this lose.

I apologize for not being clear on the point I was trying to make. Those who enter into MMA know what styles to use. TKD for kicks, Judo for balance and throws, karate (full contact) isn

Kimura Fan: BBNow meant those arts are not to be trained in.

Wing Chun: You can prepare all you want. Unless you actually strike each other in hard sparring, you "preperations" are usless. You had better be proficient in "iron face" because any fighter worth his salt is gonna warm your face up for you.

Warm my face up, huh? That's funny how you directly point your finger at me. I cross-train in Muay Thai, boxing, and BJJ.

Back