Winning AM-10/AM-12 Amateur Competition gloves - Anyone have experience with them?

deh707

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/koubudo/item/791240/

imgrc0062981879.jpg

It's no secret that Winning's Pro Fight (MS-200/MS-300) and training (MS-400/500/600, and MS-200B/300B/400B/500B/600B) gloves are among the favorites in training for many professional fighters, mostly boxers.

I have enjoyed both my Winning pro fight 10oz and training 16oz gloves for heavybag work.

It is apparent that the padding system of the pro fight gloves have 1 less layer compared to the trainers (the "sponge" layer, or is it the closed cell foam layer?), yet still provide superb hand protection for bring a pro fight glove.

I'm a big fan of using 10oz competition gloves on the heavybag, and have used both Winning pro fight and Cleto Reyes Safetec pro fight with no hand issues.

I have also used 10oz Everlast Amateur gloves for bagwork (the old model with the white knuckles), and they are also nice but have not held up anywhere near as well as my Winning pro fights.

All I know about amateur competition gloves is that most of them are either a 4-layer soft padding or IMF (or Bayfill featured in Top Ten Aiba gloves).

Winning seems to have a unique padding even in their amateur competition gloves.

Anyone have experience or knowledge about Winning's Amateur Competition gloves? I wonder if they are just as durable as their pro fights, or better. Doubt they would be as durable as their trainers.

I'm interested in this question as well. The Winning AM gloves are synthetic and I'm always on the lookout for good synthetic gloves.

So I'm bumping the thread. But I suspect it'll be to no avail.

I'm interested in this question as well. The Winning AM gloves are synthetic and I'm always on the lookout for good synthetic gloves.

So I'm bumping the thread. But I suspect it'll be to no avail.

Well I actually managed to own a pair of the 10oz AM10 model for a while.

I did not like them.

Way too bulky, overpadded, and very unsatisfying impact when landing.

I MUCH preferred traditional Everlast/Title/Ringside amateur-competition gloves (before IMF mold padding became standard) with the 4-layer padding.

This reviewer says it all:

Back