Winning FG-2900 Headgear Review

LimPShoT

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I havent seen any real reviews on the Winning fg-2900 headgear so i thought i would give an indepth review. The reason i decided on the FG-2900 is 7 weeks ago i sustained a facial fracture (interier maxillary wall) shooting a crappy double on the inside and took a solid knee, I was even wearing headgear, original fairtex to be exact. So I needed extra protection around that area and besides going with a full face headgear with bar across the facial area i decided on the FG-2900.

Ordering, ordered through winning usa website on saturday morning and recieved it on Monday (too Oregon). I was always in contact with Hayashi through email and he responded within 12-24 hours. Customer service was top notch.

Sizing, I originally bought a medium (23" Head circumference at brow level) but it turned out it was a tad to small even though there is a great range of fittiment with the laces on the back, it was just slightly to much of the back of the head exposed when worn so I exchanged it for a Large which fits perfect. Contacted Hayashi and sent it back and recieved the Large a few days later.

Performance, Last week I got some rounds in first time sparring in 6 weeks so didnt have much gas in the tank lasted only 3, 3 min rounds. I took some solid shots and they didnt hurt me nearly half as bad with my old headgear, have to be carefull to move your head still cuz this baby can absorb some damage. The fg-2900 headgear also stayed put didnt require any adjustment when sparring. After sparring with my old headgear my head would hurt for 3 days or so, not with the FG-2900 didnt have any headaches or pains at all and my fractured area felt perfectly fine.

Price, now the only thing that would steer people away from this fineheadgear is the price at $171+shipping not to many people want to spend that much on headgear, but in my opinion it is money well spent. Does this headgear from picking it up look like it should cost $171 dollars no, but when you spar with it on yes it is worth it.

08012008031.jpg

08012008032.jpg

08012008034.jpg

08012008036.jpg

08012008035.jpg

Customer service 10/10 always responded to my emails promptly.

Performance/Fit 10/10 absorbs heavy shots no problem.

Price 3/10 at $171+shipping only the winning full face headgear is more expensize at around $300.

Excellent review. Can't wait to get mine now. Had to delay it a bit though because I'm completing an order with Cageside/Boomer.

Hehe, Winning will always score lowest when it comes to Price, and to some maybe looks too, but they always outperform their looks and are worth the bucks. The saying, "you get what you pay for", really does apply.

Nice review, i wanted to order white gloves & headgear to match my white 10oz, but decided to go black... the white looks awesome.

i use to use rival headgear and i dont care for them really.. So i use a pair of cletos which i love .. but with my recent use of winning gloves it makes me want to get the headgear

Excellent review. Can't wait to get mine now. Had to delay it a bit though because I'm completing an order with Cageside/Boomer.

Hehe, Winning will always score lowest when it comes to Price, and to some maybe looks too, but they always outperform their looks and are worth the bucks. The saying, "you get what you pay for", really does apply.

what size is your head in a baseball hat? i have a big dome to so i dont know what size i would get .. sounds like 2L

how thick is the padding on the cheeks and the forehead?

what size is your head in a baseball hat? i have a big dome to so i dont know what size i would get .. sounds like 2L

I don't know my sizing for baseball hats, but my head circumference is approx. 62cm. That's usually XL size for headgear from other brands. I'm getting a size 3L.

how thick is the padding on the cheeks and the forehead?

Padding on the forehead is 1 3/4" thick on the checks it is 1 1/2", compared to my old fairtex headgear which is about 7/8" on forehead and cheeks. And you guys dont need to look deeply into my eyes there is nothing but a deep empty hole of blackness. :icon_lol:

And you guys dont need to look deeply into my eyes there is nothing but a deep empty hole of blackness. :icon_lol:

I feel a bit like that too right now...

The price killed me, I was wanting it all the way too...

thanks man just making new headgear and was just curious

w00t, just got my red FG-2900 in today. Can't wait to try it out. I dig the white color and almost went with that, but it looks pretty sweet in red too. Matches nicely with my brown Winning gloves.

Hahaha, "limp shot" got his face broke tryin a "crappy double" ironic.

The headgear looks fuckin great. I have mostly Ringside and Title gear now, ill wait till i get in the pros before i reward myself with the high end Reyes, Grant, and Winning stuff. Just the other day some sorry little kid in my gym was sparring with a yellow winning cup and blue winning gloves. I was thinkin why does HE need all that.

Hahaha, "limp shot" got his face broke tryin a "crappy double" ironic.

The headgear looks fuckin great. I have mostly Ringside and Title gear now, ill wait till i get in the pros before i reward myself with the high end Reyes, Grant, and Winning stuff. Just the other day some sorry little kid in my gym was sparring with a yellow winning cup and blue winning gloves. I was thinkin why does HE need all that.

Lol, because he has the money for it,and if he is gonna take it seriously why not going for the best?

thats such a bad line of hardcore guys, come on if he wants the best,let him get the best,after all is what is worth it.

you instead are just waiting to the day you become a pro to get the actual good stuff?

come on i wouldn't buy myself a winning pair, but i wont go cheap when it goes to gear that helps my safety

w00t, just got my red FG-2900 in today. Can't wait to try it out. I dig the white color and almost went with that, but it looks pretty sweet in red too. Matches nicely with my brown Winning gloves.

sweet man!! Money well spent, tell me how you like it. And yeah i guess I went in with a Limp Shot hence the injury to the face.

Lol, because he has the money for it,and if he is gonna take it seriously why not going for the best?

thats such a bad line of hardcore guys, come on if he wants the best,let him get the best,after all is what is worth it.

you instead are just waiting to the day you become a pro to get the actual good stuff?

come on i wouldn't buy myself a winning pair, but i wont go cheap when it goes to gear that helps my safety

Shut up newb

Back