Winning Gloves...Are they worth it?

TapSD

Killer Bee....1%
Reaction score
I know they are pricey but thats not a big deal if they are true quality. Ive heard people that are fans of Cletos and people that swear by Winning for training..anyone have a pair?

my coach has winning mitts and i have the winning shin pads and they are great i know a guy at the gym who loves them and thats all he uses and swears by them.also a couple guys who come in to work with my coach use them and dont complain....

Its just the price I can't get over..im sure they are quality and will last forever though

yeah all of there products are really good and last along time.i was considering a pair but a friend got like 2 pairs of grants for 140.00 and gave me a pair and i like them way better than the cletos or fairtex super sparring gloves and they are alot cheaper than those two.they are the campeon hook and loop and they are on sale at ringside for 69.99..

I think they are worth it. My Cleto Reyes were $125 and I think that they are ok but not great. My buddy trained in Japan and said Winning is better as well. I think it depends on what other equipment you need. I'd rather have Winnings than anything else but not if it meant that I couldn't have "X".

I have the following:

Reyes 16oz & 10oz
Winning 160z & 10oz
Grants 16oz
Ringside(mexican style) 16oz

I use the winnings for pad & bag work, they are awesome for hand protection, however, i'll use the reyes or ringside gloves when i spar.

I don't believe you :)

^lets see a picture of all of those gloves...

I don't believe you :)

^lets see a picture of all of those gloves...

Well, i don't have all the gloves on hand, however, once i get to the gym tomorrow, i'll be more than happy to snap a pic. But for now these will have to suffice.

These are the only gloves i have right on hand. I haven't used the Grants for months and i just received the 10oz winnings last week:
winning.jpg

Here is another pic from a post on winnings that i snapped last year:

Winning-Reyes002.jpg

But like i mentioned before, if you want a pic of the gloves, it's gonna have to wait til tomorrow:icon_chee

Yea..i wanna get the 16OZ winnings more for pads..bag work..etc...I don't mind the 250..How are they different than the Cleto's?

Yea..i wanna get the 16OZ winnings more for pads..bag work..etc...I don't mind the 250..How are they different than the Cleto's?

The padding around the knuckle area. Winnings= pillows, Reyes= punchers glove:icon_twis

Winning-Reyes001.jpg

Well, i don't have all the gloves on hand, however, once i get to the gym tomorrow, i'll be more than happy to snap a pic. But for now these will have to suffice.

These are the only gloves i have right on hand. I haven't used the Grants for months and i just received the 10oz winnings last week:
winning.jpg

Winning-Reyes002.jpg

But like i mentioned before, if you want a pic of the gloves, it's gonna have to wait til tomorrow:icon_chee

Are those both 10oz? You have a really clean floor by the way and your controllers and other stuff are neatly put aside.

winning.jpg

Winning-Reyes002.jpg

i notice you have the title glove hook&loop glove converter on your 16oz grants.

do they work well together? how's the wrist support when using the title glove converter?

i use the title glove converter on my 16oz ringside imf tech, and it's great.

have you used them on the Winning gloves?

i notice you have the title glove hook&loop glove converter on your 16oz grants.

do they work well together? how's the wrist support when using the title glove converter?

i use the title glove converter on my 16oz ringside imf tech, and it's great.

have you used them on the Winning gloves?

really? because I was thinking about buying either the title or ringside version if I get a pair of Cletos and if there is any difference between the two. Also, does anyone know what the difference is between the Winning super soft gloves and the regular winning gloves? I thought the regular ones were super soft.

really? because I was thinking about buying either the title or ringside version if I get a pair of Cletos and if there is any difference between the two. Also, does anyone know what the difference is between the Winning super soft gloves and the regular winning gloves? I thought the regular ones were super soft.

i have both the ringside and title converters.

the ringside converter is a little smaller, probably made for 8-12oz gloves

the title converter is bigger, and best fits 14oz+ gloves.

i had a very hard time attaching a ringside converter on any 16oz glove

i dont know anything about Winning's supersoft version. i'd probably go with regular.

hi guys,

im going to play devils adovate here. some of you guys swear by cletos and winning. however what makes these gloves so good? obviously a pair of gloves is not suddenly going to make you better, because that comes from practice and your pad man. i am just wondering why you rate them so much and what brands you have used in the past.

thanks,

john

Back