Winter Olympics 2018 PyeongChang Discussion: Norovirus and North Korea Nuclear Holocaust Edition

Honestly though, it's still no excuse to lose to Germany. The Canadian hacks should still be able to beat them.

I wouldn't say that. I think the skill level is pretty even across the board. I'm actually surprised Russia didn't dominate this year due to all their talent in the KHL. Also thought the Swiss would do better.

I'm not too butthurt about Canada's men's team losing out. Before the olympics started, I didn't think they had a chance in hell.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, another one:
U.S. biathlete Lowell Bailey sounds off on Russians who cheat after second athlete tests positive
Bailey’s comments came in the wake of the news that Russian bobsledder Nadezha Sergeeva, who finished 12th in the two-woman bobsled, tested positive for trimetazidine, a banned substance. Russian curler Alexander Krushelnitzky had previously been stripped of a bronze medal after failing a drug test.
These are literally from the crop of only the athletes who petitioned and appealed endlessly in the IOC/CAS courts, playing the hapless individual victim caught up in swirling political zeitgeist, which allowed them to compete as OAR athletes. Still fucking sliming it up.

This really has no historical precedent. It's clear they have a state-level apparatus that literally perceives attempts to thwart it as the truly immoral efforts. They continue to deny any wrongdoing. Hell, just look at how they Russian government reacted to the CAS reversal of the blanket ban:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/sports/olympics/cas-russia-doping.html
Russia’s English language broadcaster RT took to Twitter to post a video of an enormous Russian flag beamed onto the front of building close to the Canadian headquarters of the World Anti Doping Agency. A slogan read: The Russians are Coming.
Even the best American athletes are slumming it up in all of these underworld, independent labs like A-Rod with these shady figures who profit off feeding them PEDs, but often turn out to not even be doctors. They descend into the belly of a world where things crawl.

Clearly Russian athletes are walking right into their friendly neighborhood police department and shooting up testosterone in front of the local police chief administered by a top sport doctor on a government payroll. It's organized, it's sprawling, and it's protected at all levels.

LOL@another fake medal count. Russians are the joke of the sporting world. Here's their real total:

Also, despite that every outlet I'm seeing says they banned the flag and Russian colors from the games, I swear I saw some athletes still wearing Russian Federation uniforms in the same event as others wearing OAR. I thought there was like 16 athletes who were completely cleared by the IOC, before the CAS fucked everything up, but I can't remember the event, and I can find no record of a RUS roster at the Games. Guess I'm going crazy.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, another one:
U.S. biathlete Lowell Bailey sounds off on Russians who cheat after second athlete tests positive

These are literally from the crop of only the athletes who petitioned and appealed endlessly in the IOC/CAS courts, playing the hapless individual victim caught up in swirling political zeitgeist, which allowed them to compete as OAR athletes. Still fucking sliming it up.

This really has no historical precedent. It's clear they have a state-level apparatus that literally perceives attempts to thwart it as the truly immoral efforts. They continue to deny any wrongdoing. Hell, just look at how they Russian government reacted to the CAS reversal of the blanket ban:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/sports/olympics/cas-russia-doping.html

Even the best American athletes are slumming it up in all of these underworld, independent labs like A-Rod with these shady figures who profit off feeding them PEDs, but often turn out to not even be doctors. They descend into the belly of a world where things crawl.

Clearly Russian athletes are walking right into their friendly neighborhood police department and shooting up testosterone in front of the local police chief administered by a top sport doctor on a government payroll. It's organized, it's sprawling, and it's protected at all levels.

LOL@another fake medal count. Russians are the joke of the sporting world. Here's their real total:

Also, despite that every outlet I'm seeing says they banned the flag and Russian colors from the games, I swear I saw some athletes still wearing Russian Federation uniforms in the same event as others wearing OAR. I thought there was like 16 athletes who were completely cleared by the IOC, before the CAS fucked everything up, but I can't remember the event, and I can find no record of a RUS roster at the Games. Guess I'm going crazy.

Though the rest of the world is ignorant in body chemistry, Putin wishes to educate your country.

I wouldn't say that. I think the skill level is pretty even across the board. I'm actually surprised Russia didn't dominate this year due to all their talent in the KHL. Also thought the Swiss would so better.

I'm not too butthurt about Canada's men's team losing out. Before the olympics started, I didn't think they had a chance in hell.

I expected Russia to come out on top - no other team has a Datsyuk or Kovalchuk, but even excluding everyone with an NHL contract (playing in the bigs or in the minors) I would have expected the Americans and Canadians to be better than Germany.

Yeah that is a shame, Germany lost about 3 important players due to the NHL, Canada/USA/Sweden/Finland etc. lost whole teams.

Surely the no-NHL restriction hurt them, but just looking at the number of licensed players over the world, I would expect Canada to still be the clear favorite team (maybe behind Russia) without the current NHL players.

c06d522fe0f92b92dd85dda5177df80a.png

(from https://www.statista.com/statistics/282349/number-of-registered-ice-hockey-by-country/)

Though the rest of the world is ignorant in body chemistry, Putin wishes to educate your country.
Meh, cutrate biochem. Putin has a knack for perpetrating massive frauds, but not with getting away with them.

That's the difference between the Russians and Americans if we decided to go all in on the unconscionable mindset.

Meh, cutrate biochem. Putin has a knack for perpetrating massive frauds, but not with getting away with them.

That's the difference between the Russians and Americans if we decided to go all in on the unconscionable mindset.

I curl to win. For me! For me!

I guess the IOC not allowing certain athletes to comepete was warranted. I felt so bad for 2 skaters that were not allowed to comepete considering they have never tested positive before, and one wasn't even in Sochi. For shame Olympic Atheletes representing Russia!! Shame!!

I guess the IOC not allowing certain athletes to comepete was warranted. I felt so bad for 2 skaters that were not allowed to comepete considering they have never tested positive before, and one wasn't even in Sochi. For shame Olympic Atheletes representing Russia!! Shame!!
They're dirty. Fuck 'em.

Canada lost to Germany in hockey...

<2>

{<jordan}

I guess Kovalchuk and the Russians will finally win a tournament people care about. That's a shame.

great semifinal between japan and korea in the women's curling tournament. not the result i wanted, but such a close game. seemed to me like japan really rose to the occasion especially in the last few ends, but it was always going to be tough beating korea when they're playing this well.

great semifinal between japan and korea in the women's curling tournament. not the result i wanted, but such a close game. seemed to me like japan really rose to the occasion especially in the last few ends, but it was always going to be tough beating korea when they're playing this well.

Ridiculous shot making in the final ends.

Looool, how do Germany beat Canada... and even USA missing out in the finals is shocking, too.

Russia gonna crush Germany, goooooooo!

so bummed I missed it. I’ll have to find a replay.

Looool, how do Germany beat Canada... and even USA missing out in the finals is shocking, too.

O.A.R. gonna crush Germany, goooooooo!
Fixed.

Canada lost to Germany in hockey...

<2>

{<jordan}

I guess Kovalchuk and the Russians will finally win a tournament people care about. That's a shame.
I'm not convinced knowledgeable people care about this one

Back