With Chuck confirming that he will fight again...

Lighting Lee Murray vs. Cheeto

MVP vs. anyone in the top 5 at welter-weight. But that would take an act of god.

I wonder if "Advanced Medicals" test jaw durability?

Does that even matter to doctors that a dude had an iron jaw one day and then Poof! ?

Chuck vs Kimbo.

Before Kimbo died anyway.

My casual friends were saying Kimbo would take Chuck's head off.

Depends which version of both fighters turned up obviously.

Kimbo was an animal in his prime. Demolished Ray Mercer remember? And James Thompson. But totally lost his mojo after TUF 10. It's like he began re-thinking his whole life and his killer instinct dissolved before our eyes. And then he died.

Wanderlei! I want that one back

Lesnar v Fedor would still be a lot of fun.

Yeah it would be fun of course. But wouldn't you rather have seen Fedor / Prime Cain?

I understand that (from memory) Cain reached his prime after Fedor's Werdum loss, but still... that would've been one hell of a fight.

Depends which version of both fighters turned up obviously.

Kimbo was an animal in his prime. Demolished Ray Mercer remember? And James Thompson. But totally lost his mojo after TUF 10. It's like he began re-thinking his whole life and his killer instinct dissolved before our eyes. And then he died.

2007-2008-ish?
Ray Mercer was well outside his prime when he fought Kimbo.

Lol at Kimbo VS James "Exploding Ear" Thompson... almost forgot about that shitty fight.

Chuck still had that look in his eyes and probably the grappling advantage. He'd probably take Kimbo down if he feels his power.

I would've loved to see a Nick Diaz / Robbie Lawler re-match around 2014/15

2007-2008-ish?
Ray Mercer was well outside his prime when he fought Kimbo.

Lol at Kimbo VS James "Exploding Ear" Thompson... almost forgot about that shitty fight.

Chuck still had that look in his eyes and probably the grappling advantage. He'd probably take Kimbo down if he feels his power.

Haha. I realise I'm clutching at straws here and I guess if I'm honest I'm just fighting Kimbo's corner for the sake of being contrary... ok I'm a dick I admit it.

But what the hell, I've started now so I'm going to continue following my train of thought here...

Ray Mercer was out of his prime yes you're right. But James Toney was out of his prime when he put Tim Sylvia on his ass. Not to mention the fact that everyone had already written Kimbo off as a youtube-celeb novelty who'd only fought bums. To fight and beat Ray Mercer the way he did in the first round meant he certainly exceeded the expectations of his many sceptics.

Yeah James Thompson's ear exploded? I don't see how that's an indication of him not being a credible opponent. He has cauliflower ear. Cauliflower ear is scar tissue and susceptible to tear easily. Don't really understand your point? Ok James Thompson wasn't setting the world on fire at that time, and the fight had some pretty boring moments (well most of the fight), but Thompson was still a legitimate, experienced opponent in a sport that Kimbo was relatively new to in which many had already discounted his chances.

And I'm sorry but 2007-2008ish? Chuck no longer had that look in his eyes. By Christmas 2008 he'd been KOd out cold by both Rampage and Rashad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Kimbo would've beat Chuck and I hate it when casual fans latch onto a social media celebrity purely because they've seen a few videos. But I do actually genuinely think Kimbo at least had the potential to be a lot better than many give him credit for.

Yeah it would be fun of course. But wouldn't you rather have seen Fedor / Prime Cain?

I understand that (from memory) Cain reached his prime after Fedor's Werdum loss, but still... that would've been one hell of a fight.

Cain when prime would have destroyed that version of Fedor imo. I think if Fedor has fought Lesnar instead of Werdum it would have been amazing, and probably a pick em fight. I would have favoured Fedor but I really don’t k ow what would have happened (other than me paying the 50 for the PPV!)

Cain when prime would have destroyed that version of Fedor imo. I think if Fedor has fought Lesnar instead of Werdum it would have been amazing, and probably a pick em fight. I would have favoured Fedor but I really don’t k ow what would have happened (other than me paying the 50 for the PPV!)

This is rare for me, but I agree with everything you said. Except paying $50 for the PPV. I am in green old England so I just pay £15 a month for BT sport and get all the events for free... not really fair is it.

against Chuck's 48-year-old cardio? not likely.
Lol! No. The guy I quoted mentioned a theoretical matchup between Jon jones and Rumble. Christ! Chuck vs Rumble, certain death.

Fedor vs Mighty Mouse

WHDTgwF.jpg

Back