With Pride rules who wouldve won Whittaker/Romero 2?

VitorBelfoTRT

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I wouldve voted in favor of Yoel or a draw.
Overall, Yoel had the better moments for me.

PRIDE rules would involve a 10 minute first round and two, five minute rounds, as well as being in a ring. Angles and engagement would be different.

It is like comparing apples to oranges.

What they should've done is filmed this fight with the infamous ref cam.

Romero. Obviously

But in the real world, it’s 48-47 Whittaker or Draw

PRIDE rules would involve a 10 minute first round and two, five minute rounds, as well as being in a ring. Angles and engagement would be different.

It is like comparing apples to oranges.
I meant Pride judging rules, my apologies.

Who would have won if Pride (lack of) PED-policy were in place?

I say Whitaker probably would have more room for improvement.

Romero gets a yellow card in round 2

<Deported1>

They would have fought a different fight if they were using different judging rules.

Who would have won in Bisping/Hendo 2?

Same shit, different day.

with Pride rules Yoel would have soccer kicked that fools head into the crowd in the 5th round

Robert Whittaker is one of the best turtlers in the game. He would still win with his impenetrable turtling defense.

Romero would’ve TKO’d Whittaker via complete lack of drug testing being part of pride rules

A fighter getting rocked 3-5 times with 2 knockdowns and one round in turtle position in mode survive don't deserved the win in any organization

Romero for inflicting more damage and coming much closer to finishing the fight, not just once but a few times.

Round by round scoring is shit. Judging the fight as a whole always made far more sense.

Not to mention the soccer kicks or knees to the head Romero could have utilized when Whittaker was turtled up if we are talking full PRIDE rules.

A fighter getting rocked 3-5 times with 2 knockdowns and one round in turtle position in mode survive don't deserved the win in any organization

And yet, that’s not what the history books will say.

Back