With the passing of Avicii, I have to ask: What is it exactly that DJs do?

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

I have no idea what goes into performing electronic music, especially live.

Can someone educate me?

Are DJs actual musicians?

Gives degenerates and excuse to do drugs and pretend they're better than you because they know of some guy that knows how to turn on a radio

They play music off an apple laptop, and do coke........a lot of coke.

They waive their hands around while wearing headphones, pretending they're actually doing something. This is usually followed by high amounts of MDMA, and hooking up with herpe riddled women.

Gives degenerates and excuse to do drugs and pretend they're better than you because they know of some guy that knows how to turn on a radio

They play music off an apple laptop, and do coke........a lot of coke.

They waive their hands around while wearing headphones, pretending they're actually doing something. This is usually followed by high amounts of MDMA, and hooking up with herpe riddled women.

<5>

Where can I signup?

Seriously, there must be some level of skill involved.

They release their own tracks, right?

Since when were drugs and music NOT cool?

{<jordan}

giphy.gif

DependableGreenKoi-max-1mb.gif

Since when were drugs and music NOT cool?

{<jordan}

giphy.gif

DependableGreenKoi-max-1mb.gif

edgy

We're talking shitty music, flashing lights and weirdo dancing turds on molly right. Not like rock stars trashing hotel rooms, bagging groupies or rappers, hoes, and fat blunt, right?

So yeah, since this: 'shitty music, flashing lights, and weirdo dancing turds on molly' are drugs and music not cool.

Wow just found out he died. Rip. He was a talented artist despite what you think these djs do. I think he sings his songs but idk

edgy

We're talking shitty music, flashing lights and weirdo dancing turds on molly right. Not like rock stars trashing hotell rooms, bagging groupies or rappers, hoes and fat blnt, right?

To each their own brotendo

<Fedor23>

The other weekend they had a 2 person "band" in the bar I was at.
One dude played keyboard, sax, and flute. The other guy was a DJ. The DJ dude was turning knobs and and pushing shit the entire time and it had literally zero percieveable effect on the music. I was sitting like 10 feet away and was watching the whole time. He even stepped away for about 2 minutes and nothing changed.

I wish one hardcore fan would step up and really sell what these guys do.

Some DJs spin and mix records. Which isn't easy to do. You're essentially listening to more than one song at a time and mixing it in so it fits with another song or more than one song.

But most djs just use apple and play songs. There is a huge difference between the two.

Also lots of world famous DJs also produce songs as well.

Last edited:
This documentary explains it pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back