Without term limits would Bill Clinton still have been president had he decided to keep running ?

He would have won in 2000 , I was living in Florida while the Lewinsky stuff was going down and no one cared , I remember a conversation with two older black business men, one of them said " he's doin a pretty good job ,the man deserves a blow job " sums sentiments pretty well, the guy was popular.

I think only Reagan and Obama would've won third terms in recent history. Clinton is close but I think it's just because more nostalgia is given to him. At the time, I think people liked him far less. With that said, he still had an approval rating of 63%. It would be hard to argue he wouldn't win the more I think about it.

I think only Reagan and Obama would've won third terms in recent history. Clinton is close but I think it's just because more nostalgia is given to him. At the time, I think people liked him far less. With that said, he still had an approval rating of 63%. It would be hard to argue he wouldn't win the more I think about it.
I agree Barack and Reagan could have won a third term (Reagan probably does not finish his third term had he ran and been elected ).

Clinton at the very least wins in 2000 Bush/Cheney are not beating Clinton

2004 I think Clinton still pulls it off with difficulty based on how much the economy & 9-11 effect him and what his actions following 9-11 where.

From 2008 on i rate his chances at best 50/50.

He served both his terms and survived the Monicagate scandal the twenty second amendment stopped him from seeking a third term.

I dont see anyone from the Democratic and Republican party being a serious challenge to Bill Clinton from 2000 to 2008.

2000 election
Clinton against Bush II
Clinton easily especially combined with the fact that people see him the one who brought the financial succes of the 90s
Monicagate will not be enough to stop him

Clinton against ?
No real challengers on the Republican side except maybe Bush II again.
Clinton wins again with slightly mored difficulty depending on how he handles 9-11 and the fallout from it.

Clinton may or may not be able to fend of Barack Obama for the democratic nomination.

It would be a 50/50 shot at that time.

If Clinton wins neither McCain or Romney beat him.

If he loses we could be living inthe first year of Baracks third term should he chose to seek a third term.

I get the reason of doing the exercise but there's no way the same candidates would emerge in each election if he had kept going.

Had there been no twenty second amendment and Bill Clinton decides to keep running does he keep getting elected President till this day ?

And before someone brings up Reagan i don't see him seeking a third term with his poor health at the end of his second term.

I don't see anyone posing a serious challenge To Bill Clinton until Barack in 2008.

Discuss.
With the fall of the economy in the Fall of 2008, Bill would have gotten beat then. Anyone would have.

Bill was one of the great politicians.

I agree Barack and Reagan could have won a third term (Reagan probably does not finish his third term had he ran and been elected ).

Clinton at the very least wins in 2000 Bush/Cheney are not beating Clinton

2004 I think Clinton still pulls it off with difficulty based on how much the economy & 9-11 effect him and what his actions following 9-11 where.

From 2008 on i rate his chances at best 50/50.

Impossible to even speculate reasonably after 2000, IMO. But if whoever was president in 2008 ran again, he would have been destroyed.

With the fall of the economy in the Fall of 2008, Bill would have gotten beat then. Anyone would have.

Bill was one of the great politicians.

It's a strange myth that Bill was some kind of great president. His record certainly doesn't bear it out.

Obama was a great politician too. His major problem was how loony left he went in his 2nd term. Obamacare costs going through the roof, Trannies in girls restroom, Ahmed the clock boy invited to the white house, Islam is wonderful, open borders, race riots by BLM, the knockout game, and race relations going into the toilet during Obamas time. That is basically how Trump got elected.

That being said, Obama still might have won if he ran, because he is black, but his popularity was fading because of all the dumb things he did.

Back then Clinton was often called the best Republican president ever , obviously a joke but he was a centrist with broad appeal .

Funny anecdote, I was working on Fisher island in 99 , an older couples condo , they had a picture of themselves with Reagan and right beside that a picture of Paula Jones with a thank you note from her for all their support .....she was fugly , still have trouble beliving that one, maybe she was a butter face when she was younger

Not like that other slimy democrat that bust's into underage womans change rooms by the name of Donald Trump.

Here is Christopher Hitchens destroying the disgusting sexual predator Bill Clinton and his evil wife Crooked Hillary for an hour:

"I had no idea until I sat down with the design people how many pictures there were of Bill Clinton looking smug and wicked and mendacious all at the same time."

Clinton got out at the perfect time. If he stayed for another term or two, the ghost of the Glass steagal repeal would come back to haunt him. Instead, Dubya took the hit.

9/11 would've ended his run once everyone realized he let Bin Laden slip away earlier

One of the more centrist presidents and had high ratings but he was in office during a pretty solid boom time. Being president during the advent of the .com age and after an easy war benefited him.

Ending welfare as an entitlement was his best moment

Back