WKCR 88.9 FM signal interruption - (very creepy audio)

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All I know about this is that it supposedly originated from a post made on 4chan, I don't know when. The post read:

"The weird stuff starts about 16 seconds in. Around 1995, I was about 15. I used to stay up late in my room listening to the radio on a boombox with an integrated tape recorder. I'd dial through the stations and when I'd hear something interesting, I'd hit record for awhile, then move on.

One night, I came across this. I don't think this was the beginning of the broadcast, but I caught a lot of it.

Right at the end the announcer says that the station I was tuned in to was WKCR 89.9 New York.

There are a bunch of names and dates in there but I've never run into anything else like this."

From comments in the youtube videos I've seen on this, some people are saying the names and dates in that portion of the broadcast were obituaries from 1988. There are portions with weird "EEEEE" sounds and odd breathing. Then a portion with a bell ringing. And a portion with apparently obituaries from 1988 being read by a woman. The whole thing is just bizarre.

I figure this is most likely a 4chan user messing around. So don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything to this. All I'm saying is whoever made this made an exceptionally creepy audio recording.

:eek:

I remember watching a video about this last week!! Very strange

I experienced something like this once. I was laying in bed listening an old radio I had on my headboard. I was probably in middle school. All of a sudden I got a bunch of static and crackling, and then when the music came back on it was like jazz or swing or some other type of old timey music. I changed through the dial and everything was old timey music. It lasted about 30 secs or so and then I got static again for a minute and all the regular stations were back.

It was bizarre.

i like this kind of stuff, but to me its just saying REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

glory to Kekistan and Harambe bless my brothers

Creepy, I didn't listen for long. I need Art Bell to feel secure with creepy audio.:confused:

lol when I work out in my basement I listen to replays of Coast to Coast.
113038.jpg

I experienced something like this once. I was laying in bed listening an old radio I had on my headboard. I was probably in middle school. All of a sudden I got a bunch of static and crackling, and then when the music came back on it was like jazz or swing or some other type of old timey music. I changed through the dial and everything was old timey music. It lasted about 30 secs or so and then I got static again for a minute and all the regular stations were back.

It was bizarre.

That's ^ creepy in and of itself. That would be surreal. Maybe you went back in time for a few seconds. Probably your radio just switched over to AM for a few seconds though

I guess waiting to tape talk radio is a good way to pass the time. :rolleyes: Lol

The guy said he was taping songs that he liked as he flipped through the dial. He wasn't taping talk radio. When he heard this he started recording. I used to do that myself back around the early 90's. It wasn't that uncommon back then.

But again, don't get me wrong. I highly doubt any of that backstory is true. Probably just some creepy pasta crap somebody came up with. It just impressed me because imo it is actually creepy.

The guy said he was taping songs that he liked as he flipped through the dial. He wasn't taping talk radio. When he heard this he started recording. I used to do that myself back around the early 90's. It wasn't that uncommon back then.

But again, don't get me wrong. I highly doubt any of that backstory is true. Probably just some creepy pasta crap somebody came up with. It just impressed me because imo it is actually creepy.

lol Im only joking around Mr Agent

I also would tape songs off the radio. I think every kid of that generation did the same thing.

That's ^ creepy in and of itself. That would be surreal. Maybe you went back in time for a few seconds. Probably your radio just switched over to AM for a few seconds though

Yeah I don't know. It's not like it was storming or anything where I could just brush it off as some sort of electrical interference. Never happened again. The radio itself was probably like 20 years old at the time (we were poor lol).

Yeah I don't know. It's not like it was storming or anything where I could just brush it off as some sort of electrical interference. Never happened again. The radio itself was probably like 20 years old at the time (we were poor lol).

That really is an awesome story. I'm pretty sure that would've freaked me out a little bit. Especially if I was high. I woulda been like "did I somehow just tune in to the 1940's?" :D Especially since you said it was on every station. That's pretty cool

Back