WKRP in Cincinnati

It was as I remember it, Loni was never to hard to look at...

It was as I remember it, Loni was never to hard to look at...
A lot of shows that we once thought were good don't hold up when looked at again. Who's the Boss was a show I liked as a little kid but it is beyond terrible when watched today.

It was funny in it's day. Some nice scenery too.

It was an intelligent, funny, well-written, well-acted show. My favorite episode was when Johnny Fever hosted someone from Mothers Against Drunk Driving, or some org like that, so they could show the listening audience how alcohol and driving are a dangerous combination by doing an experiment with Johnny. The problem is, the more Johnny drank during the experiment, the better his reflexes got. It was irreverent, so politically incorrect, and really funny.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen it in years probably didn’t age well

I liked Soap better
soap.jpg

It was something to watch. I can't think of any stand out episodes. I do remember the station manager was a pedo in Different Strokes.

Still better than 98% of what is on TV today which I refuse to watch.

The Thanksgiving turkey giveaway was funny..
Reruns suck because they had to replace the popular music they used

The Thanksgiving turkey giveaway was funny..
Reruns suck because they had to replace the popular music they used

That was my issue with Beavis and Butthead. When they released the old ones on DVD, the music video critique was cut to avoid paying royalties, etc. Took out 50% of the show. Then they brought the show back and, because MTV hadn't played music since 'Nam, they were watching Teen Mom Challenge: The Return or some shit.

Most classic sitcoms don't really hold up that well.

That was a great show, very good. I used to watch it back in the day, great cast of characters.

One Christmas day, I received a tv as a gift. As a kid, having a tv in your room was a big deal. Late that Christmas night, the first show that came on was WKRP in Cincinnati.

I don't think it will have you falling off the couch laughing, but I like the tone and vibe of 70s city sitcoms like Taxi, WKRP and Welcome Back Kotter.

Back