Wlad Klitschko Fantasy matchups

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So how do you see fights going between prime Wladimir Klitschko and the top three HW’s today?

-he’d definitely beat Joshua since he almost KO’d him at 40 years of age, even though we had almost never seen Klitschko as agressive as in that fight so i don’t know how a prime Wladimir would fight AJ

-i think Wladimir would be way too smart for Wilder and beat him in a decision

-i don’t know how he would fight Fury, he was way too cautious in their fight, but i don’t see Klitschko getting to him too much if he fought Fury more agressively either, decision for Fury

=> what’s your opinion?

-I think prime Wlad should be able to beat Josha, he was slowing down since the Pianeta fight, but a prime Wald is way faster and actually throws his right hand more often.
-Wilder could be tricky because of his unique combination of size, speed and power that lasts for 12 rounds, but the younger, faster Wlad could probably beat him more often than not and his jab would bother Wilder, imagine one of his big left hooks landing after Deontay misses. Still, Wilder always has a chance of landing a big right hand and winning, but that would get him in even bigger trouble (a fight with Vitali).
-Tyson Fury is akward, big and mobile, he'd always give prime Wladimir, who was a safety first guy who always tried to work behind his jab, problems, but maybe a prime Wladimir has the speed to catch him with big shots. I acually think that the young and reckless Wlad who stopped Mercer and Schulz has a better chance at finishing Fury because he'd just let his hands go and he clearly has the power to finish really durable guys.

Still, I'd have more faith if Vitali was the one facing them.

KO’s Joshua. possibly KO’s wilder but he just as easily could be on the wrong end. fury is his toughest matchup. in his prime, his gas tank wasn’t the best. that actually seemed to get better with age as he conserved more energy.

-I think prime Wlad should be able to beat Josha, he was slowing down since the Pianeta fight, but a prime Wald is way faster and actually throws his right hand more often.
-Wilder could be tricky because of his unique combination of size, speed and power that lasts for 12 rounds, but the younger, faster Wlad could probably beat him more often than not and his jab would bother Wilder, imagine one of his big left hooks landing after Deontay misses. Still, Wilder always has a chance of landing a big right hand and winning, but that would get him in even bigger trouble (a fight with Vitali).
-Tyson Fury is akward, big and mobile, he'd always give prime Wladimir, who was a safety first guy who always tried to work behind his jab, problems, but maybe a prime Wladimir has the speed to catch him with big shots. I acually think that the young and reckless Wlad who stopped Mercer and Schulz has a better chance at finishing Fury because he'd just let his hands go and he clearly has the power to finish really durable guys.

Still, I'd have more faith if Vitali was the one facing them.
I discovered after posting this that Wlad dropped Wilder twice in sparring apparently, even though Wilder was (even more of) an amateur then. I just can’t see Klitschko with all his experience lose from Wilder

- Wlads opponents couldn't match him physically. He smothered most of them. Tony Thompson had him on the edge of a loss merely because he could match him in height and reach...got knocked out because he couldn't match him in physique and strength... Mariusz Wach matched him in physique actually and was even taller...that's why Wladimir couldn't knock him out and even got rocked by Wach at one point. Wach didn't have quality though and lost the rounds. Now AJ: He matches Wladimir in height, physique, power and quality. It's a competitive fight, and the way AJ exploded on Wladimir in round 5 in 2017, he could do the same to Wladimir from 2007 and 2011. This fight is a toss up.

- Wilder is mediocre. I see Wladimir as the clear favorite here. I think Wladimir from 2017 beats Wilder, and even today I wouldn't bet on Wilder if Wladimir came back. Wilder is incredibly overhyped and mediocre.

- Fury always beats Wladimir. Fury beats Vitali as well. We would have to go back to Lennox Lewis who was a mile deeper than the Klitschkos. And even here I don't know how he deals with Fury's mobility. A rare skill among heavyweights. Fury's the best mover since Ali and Holmes.

I'd actually prefer to see Vitali against all three, because Vitali was always the better Klitschko even though history won't remember it like that.

I'd actually prefer to see Vitali against all three, because Vitali was always the better Klitschko even though history won't remember it like that.
I have to admit i haven’t witnessed a huge part of Wlad’s career. The fight which got me interested in boxing was Wlad vs Povetkin in 2013 and i was 13 then so... Vitali was already retired when i got interested on boxing. Wlad always had more of my interest

Joshua or Wilder could beat a prime Wlad, maybe 30/70 for AJ, 40/60 for Wilder underdogs, but if they did they would lose the rematch. And Vitali probably smashes them for beating him up too.

Fury would be a 49/51 fight in Wlads favor too, he may have found a way.

Back