Wladimir Klitschko vs. Deontay Wilder.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Why did they never fight? We could have had an Undisputed HW Champion.

I think Wlad would have KOed Wilder.

Wilder wasn't ready for Wlad at that point I think. He's still a work in progress at the moment, can you imagine a less developed Wilder facing Wlad? He would get embarassed pretty badly IMO

Wlad would pepper him with straight punched all night. I don't think Wilder would be able to cope

Klitschko would be a nightmare for Wilder because he is fundamentally better, moves better, and doesn't open himself up to shots. Wilder would get systematically broken down by a patient jab and Klitschko would never let himself get tired.

AJ was able to beat an old Klitschko because he had a better punch selection on the inside. That's where all of Klitschko's trouble happened in their fight. Wilder doesn't have that punch selection. He looks to drop a right hand on you, but Klitschko has chewed up big punchers before (Sam Peter, for example).

Klitschko's lack of killer instinct made the AJ fight a tough one, whereas his lack of killer instinct would actually benefit him against Wilder.

Styles make fights; it's not always about who is better overall, although I know that isn't what you were necessarily asking, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Not sure about this one, people are saying Wlad would pick him off from the outside, but that is where Wilder is the most dangerous and it could be a who lands first situation.

Wlad is a lot clever and a better boxer though, so i would favour him, but i think one shot would end the fight either way

Pre-Steward Wlad has a very good chance to get KOed.

Prime Wlad uttely dominates Wilder.

Old Wlad can get caught.

Last edited:
Id fairly confidently pick the wlad that Joshua fought to beat wilder. Stylistically it’s a really tough fight for him imo. I think Joshua is an easier fight for wilder

Wlad is the rightful favorite. But its weird to write off that kind of power against a guy whose been knocked out multiple times by lesser fighters.

Wilder may have shit form and all that jazz but part of that makes him difficult to fight. He doesnt give a fuck if he gets hit if it means he gets to throw back. Thats not easy to plan against and to deal with. He comes right at you wanting to take your head off.

Wlad is the rightful favorite. But its weird to write off that kind of power against a guy whose been knocked out multiple times by lesser fighters.

Wilder may have shit form and all that jazz but part of that makes him difficult to fight. He doesnt give a fuck if he gets hit if it means he gets to throw back. Thats not easy to plan against and to deal with. He comes right at you wanting to take your head off.

Prime Sanders and Brewster are NOT lesser fighters than Wilder and had the better opponents.. Wilder is 33 and has mostly fought cans and way way out of prime boxers. Someone like Sanders would have murdered Wilder. The hype really gets out of proportion.

There is only thing or two that I think are worth mentioning here. Most of - if not all of - Wlad's KO losses from from an accumulation of knock downs. As soon as Wilder connects he gets dumb and Wlad would tie him up, or counter him with his shorter technique. Wilder would have to find a way to out-think him to get that right hand on him enough. Plus Wilder needs to step into his power. This is important and arguably the biggest thing working against Wilder's chance for landing his power. It's very important because a good jabber that sticks and moves from the outside can stop a guy from stepping into his power. So, yes, Wlad can get caught, and yes he has been dropped, but he is the rightful favourite (as you said).

Prime Sanders and Brewster are NOT lesser fighters than Wilder and had the better opponents.. Wilder is 33 and has mostly fought cans and way way out of prime boxers. Someone like Sanders would have murdered Wilder. The hype really gets out of proportion.
Yes they are and neither punch as hard.

Let me guess, you picked Ortiz to murder him too?
There is only thing or two that I think are worth mentioning here. Most of - if not all of - Wlad's KO losses from from an accumulation of knock downs. As soon as Wilder connects he gets dumb and Wlad would tie him up, or counter him with his shorter technique. Wilder would have to find a way to out-think him to get that right hand on him enough. Plus Wilder needs to step into his power. This is important and arguably the biggest thing working against Wilder's chance for landing his power. It's very important because a good jabber that sticks and moves from the outside can stop a guy from stepping into his power. So, yes, Wlad can get caught, and yes he has been dropped, but he is the rightful favourite (as you said).
That is possible and Wlad is a really intelligent fighter, but its easier said than done when your brains are getting scrambled.

But ya, like everyone else I still favor Wlad by a good margin. I imagine it would be terribly boring and Wlad would jab and circle for 12 rounds. Wilder probably goes crazy head hunting in frustration and Wlad ties him up easier.

That is possible and Wlad is a really intelligent fighter, but its easier said than done when your brains are getting scrambled.

But ya, like everyone else I still favor Wlad by a good margin. I imagine it would be terribly boring and Wlad would jab and circle for 12 rounds. Wilder probably goes crazy head hunting in frustration and Wlad ties him up easier.

Yeah that's how I see the fight going. Wlad keeping things under control for a boring victory, he might even stop Wilder if he lands the jab enough to break him down. Wilder always has a punchers chance though so I can't write him off completely. Like others have said I think he matches up better against Joshua then he does against Wlad.

Yeah that's how I see the fight going. Wlad keeping things under control for a boring victory, he might even stop Wilder if he lands the jab enough to break him down. Wilder always has a punchers chance though so I can't write him off completely. Like others have said I think he matches up better against Joshua then he does against Wlad.
Tend to agree with that.

For one, Wlad is content not to fight. Joshua doesnt get down like that, hes coming to kill you.

Two, I dont think Joshua has that level of IQ to really impose a strict gameplan. Imo, when Wilder comes at AJ, AJ is coming right back at him. They probably trade until someone drops.

Wlad, he gets stopped. Vlad, honestly wins easy

Tend to agree with that.

For one, Wlad is content not to fight. Joshua doesnt get down like that, hes coming to kill you.

Two, I dont think Joshua has that level of IQ to really impose a strict gameplan. Imo, when Wilder comes at AJ, AJ is coming right back at him. They probably trade until someone drops.
Yep and that'll make for an exciting fight. I really can't envision a boring fight the way those two fight, someones 0 has got to go and likely by vicious KO.

wilder knocks wlad out so hard, it takes a week to wake up ole wlad....

but seriously though....we're talking wlad...a guy who was ko'd by ross purrity!....then ko'd by corrie sanders!...then ko'd by lame-on brewster! and joshua, a guy with pratctically no world class experienced dropped wlad twice and ko'd him...and wlad got dropped numerous times by sam peter...hell even davarryl williamson dropped wlad and came thisclose to stopping him....wlad was not a great fighter or a great hw....wilder would give wlad a withering beating and knock wlad out cold.

i truly fear for wlad's glass jaw, especially wilth wilder's longer reach and faster hands.

Ortiz was a very good win for Wilder. Sure he was out of his prime by quite a margin but still really good solid win! I am neither a fan or am I against Wilder.

But I would recommend you read a little about Sanders. He was a lazy boxer but an absolute sniper in the ring with world class qualities. Wilder never faced someone even remotely as dangerous. His left was faster than anything Wilder has. Comparing power is always difficult because boxers generate it very different. Also Lamons left hook was murderous. These are all knockout weapons at a high level.

Hasim Rahman talked about that Sanders was the opponent he felt with the hardest punches. Part of that was the speed and accuracy they were delivered with. Wilder has speed but not accuracy. Lets just wait. If Fury comes back he has two top notch opponents waiting for him. Fury is one crafty boxer. If he regains form a win or better ko win against him would be absolute huge for Wilder. AJ sure is also a superfight.

Prime Brewster and Sanders I would bet the house on against Wilder.

Last edited:
Back