Wladmir Klitschko gives high praise to McGregor's performance.

KootenayKid

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/j...gregors-beautiful-boxing-vs-floyd-mayweather/

‘McGregor wasn’t an easy opponent to box against. He was fast and Floyd respected his punches. Because he was powerful in all of his punches – both with his left and right…

‘I think everyone expected Mayweather to win but personally, I didn’t expect McGregor to be this competitive. Especially in the opening rounds, he produced beautiful boxing.

He followed all the rules. It was very clean boxing.'

You could see after that slip uppercut in the first round Floyd had to respect Conor's counter punching ability, at least early.

The negative sentiment that Conor was getting carried is being overblown by only his biggest detractors, it baffles me a little because Conor made mma look good if anything. He's getting mostly high praise from pro boxers and especially mma fighters.

To the people who love mma and hate Conor McGregor, could you not swallow your pride and accept that he's helping the sport?

One of the all time great HWs spewing some facts the haters aren't going to like!

In B4 boxing fans say Klitschko doesn't know wtf he's talking about

I don't really care for conor much but he represented mma well but I do not think he's helping the sport. He's milking it for personal gain and forced any kind of legitamcy out of the sport. The face that the winner of the interim title fight is probably THIRD in line for a title shot behind someone who missed weight and nate fucking Diaz says it all

What does a world class boxer know? He probably doesn't even have a Sherdog account.

Tyson, Sugar Ray, Holyfield, Foreman, Larry Holmes... Klitschko...

Just some of the champs that gave him props.

What does a world class boxer know? He probably doesn't even have a Sherdog account.

what do lewis/canelo/van (who also said floyd showed no respect) and ocar know. dick riders come with legends and haters come with legends ... who wins
<Goldie11>

my cousins boxing trainer said he did well, cuz he thought (he never watched MMA), that in MMA are only wrestling/bjj and no boxing/striking guys. he thought conor was a wrestler.

Tyson, Sugar Ray, Holyfield, Foreman, Larry Holmes... Klitschko...

Just some of the champs that gave him props.

no hate against Sugar, but hes always friendly.

Well I like Conor so I can't answer for them but I thought Conor surprised an old and out of fighting shape Floyd early with footwork and counters Floyd couldn't possibly have expected.

I think his power was respectable but nothing that would stop Floyd from walking him down.

I think he did better against Floyd than anyone around that weight would have done. I might be wrong on that but I can't think of anyone who would have done better right now. I don't consider Cody around 154 and I don't know if he would have done as well either but it's possible with his style and Floyd as out of fighting shape as he seemed, that Cody might be able to.

I think his karate style stance gave Floyd something to learn the workings of for a spell. But overall, Floyd still has that fight IQ that isn't going to let him get in any trouble at all boxing a way bigger, stronger, more in shape, younger, hungrier MMA champion.

Conor proved himself one of the best boxers in MMA and a wizard over reality and he made MMA look good to a larger audience. I'm glad it was him in there.

He's wrong, sherdogs right, what does he know anyways we're the experts...

But but conor didnt look good at all remember? Floyd carried him I thought? Haters gonna hatenintchdbpict0002831433242-e1482074775209.jpg

Anyone who hates on Conor is a complete fucking idiot. I'm not even a fan, like at all. you can quote me saying Nate deserved the nod.

It's just pathetic how much sherdoggers hate on him.

In B4 boxing fans say Klitschko doesn't know wtf he's talking about

Klitchko is way overrated, pandering to Conor, sucks, sucks donkey dick, other types of dick too, who the fuck is Klitchko, CONNER, Connar, nuthugging, Floyd let him, JFK was killed by psyops-trained sniper grizzly bear so Green Bay could never win NFL, 9/11 was an inside job, chemtrails are making our gay frogs get Down syndrome and gayfagness.

I think this covers the remainder of what's coming in this thread, next.

he followed the rules? clean boxing? did he miss dozens of rabbit punches and strikes to the back of the head?

Always loved this quote from big brother Vitali. Seems very fitting here.

"Chess is similar to boxing. You need to develop a strategy, and you need to think two or three steps ahead about what your opponent is doing. You have to be smart. But what's the difference between chess and boxing? In chess, nobody is an expert, but everybody plays. In boxing everybody is an expert, but nobody fights."

Biggest fight of his life, gasses after 4 rounds. Sure let's praise him for looking good early cause of Floyds gameplan. If that ref hadn't saved him from being flatlined we would've had less of these threads.

Waaaahhhhhhh waaaaaaahhhhh waaaaaaaaah

Is that the sum of it fanboys?

There's was nothing wrong with Conor's performance. He gave it his best, but it was just a fight he was likely never going to win. I'm not sure we should really praise him for it, though. It was very low risk to him and he made a boatload of money doing it. I'd be quite surprised if that were not the primary motivator in asking for the fight in the first place. He may have sold it to the fans that he was going to win, but most people that have been fans of both sports knew there was little likelihood of that occurring.

Biggest fight of his life, gasses after 4 rounds. Sure let's praise him for looking good early cause of Floyds gameplan. If that ref hadn't saved him from being flatlined we would've had less of these threads.
No there wouldn't be.

Nobody expected Conor to look halfway decent in there against Floyd. Atleast nobody with any boxing knowledge. Notice I said decent, not good or great.

I expected him to be completely clowned. He still got clowned, but not anywhere near what I expected

Back