Woman Accuses Holocaust Hero Elie Wiesel of Sexual Assault

Hollywood Jack

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
A woman has come forward claiming that Nobel Peace Prize recipient and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel molested her at a charity event she attended as a college student in 1989.

Jennifer Listman, a genetic anthropology PhD who works at New York University, wrote on Medium that Wiesel “mistook me for an ultra-religious underage girl who was unlikely to tell anyone about it. In other words, he purposefully chose to molest someone who he assumed was a minor and who would be compelled into silence.”

Listman had attended a New York charity dinner at which Wiesel was the guest speaker. The event was meant to honor her then-boyfriend’s late father, and Wiesel was the main speaker.

When Listman joined her boyfriend’s family for an official photo, she wrote, Wiesel jumped in and inserted himself between her and her boyfriend. As the photographer prepared the shot, Wiesel’s hand slowly lowered down her back.

“The photographer snapped the photo,” she wrote. “Simultaneously, Elie Wiesel’s right hand had reached my right ass cheek, which he squeezed. The photo was over, the photographer leaned back from crouching over his camera, the group separated, smiling at each other, and Elie Wiesel immediately RAN, diappearing straight into the crowd of over 1000 people who were nearly all standing up. Already gray-haired at that time, Weisel’s agility impressed me as he fled the scene of the crime.
Read more: http://forward.com/news/national/385733/woman-claims-elie-wiesel-sexually-assaulted-her-at-charity-event/

You can also read her direct account here:

giphy.gif

Oh dear god i was sexualy assulted before, i had my ass squeezed.

Should i call CNN or NYtimes ?

Nothing like attacking a dead man.

He had a better front than Bill Cosby

someone else accused patrick swayze ( i think she either works or worked at fox) whats the point of blaming dead people who cannot defend themselves?

Is grab-assery (ass-grabbery?) considered sexual assault now? Serious question.

I especially like the ending in which he disappears like a fucking ninja into the night.

Ok if people are going to start making a big deal of butt touch when are the females going to get in trouble?

That is going to put some people into an awkward position.

Also that guy's last name means weasel. I guess that makes sense now.

The guy survived Auschwitz. I think he’s earned a little squeeze here and there.

The guy survived Auschwitz. I think he’s earned a little squeeze here and there.
If there ever was an exception...

"It's good to be alive!"

"Sexual assault" has become a meaningless umbrella term.

Back