Woman calls police to report disturbance, ends up killed by police

'body cams not turned on' should be an automatic something.

not wrongful death conviction, but something.

Saw that. They released exactly 0 details, so kind of tough to comment on something without any information. I really doubt police showed up intending to blast some 40 year old housewife, but it's odd as fuck that they coincidentally had their body cams turned off while responding to something they took seriously enough to have their guns drawn. Why the hell are cops responsible for turning on their own bodycams? Seems like that should be done remotely during response to anything.

This is potentially a serious blunder, and I'm really not looking forward to the incoming shit storm when someone gets convicted and then BLM goes bananas claiming they were only convicted because she was white.

I read an article saying she approached the driver side window of the police vehicle in her pyjamas, When the cop sitting in the passenger seat fired across through the drivers side window killing her. Sounds like a case of the cop being startled and trigger happy. She was an Australian milf too, goddamn tragic.

Body cams were off though? wtf is that about. These cops are incompetent as all hell.

The victim was an Australian woman was about to get married to her Minnesota finance.

--

Body cam not ON
Dash cam not ON

It stinks.

They should be fired/sued for turning off their mandatory body cams.

edit: Bodycams need to be turned on, default is off but still.

Last edited:
The victim was an Australian woman was about to get married to her Minnesota finance.

--

Body cam not ON
Dash cam not ON

It stinks.

Is getting a bit of media over here.....

They should be fired/sued for turning off their mandatory body cams.

I think they have to turn it on. The default I believe is off.

There should be severe punishment for not turning on a body-cam in incidents that involves death or injury.

Seeing many incidents of police brutality in the news, I am suspicious of the claim the camera was not turned On.

I think they have to turn it on. The default I believe is off.

There should be severe punishment for not turning on a body-cam in incidents that involves death or injury.

Seeing many incidents of police brutality in the news, I am suspicious of the claim the camera was not turned On.
My mistake.

If only there was a way to ensure a policeman or assailant cannot remove their bodycam when convenient. If only we had some way of keeping the cam attached to the clothes, like if I took needle and some thread...................

I think bodycams are usually off until they get out of their vehicles and turn them on.

If they shot her from inside their vehicles because something happened while on approach I could understand them being off, but wouldn't their vehicles have footage?

I think bodycams are usually off until they get out of their vehicles and turn them on.

If they shot her from inside their vehicles because something happened while on approach I could understand them being off, but wouldn't their vehicles have footage?

Since 2016, Minneapolis has required all officers to wear and activate their body cameras “at all times when they could reasonably anticipate that they may become involved in a situation for which activation is appropriate,” before any contact with a citizen.

Responding to a house with a noise in the alley, it could be reasonable to get out of the car first to turn it on.

The vehicle footage would probably be out the dash and not to the side window. Good chance the same with the body cams, unless it was those body cam glasses some have. It would have audio though that may help.

If only there was a way to ensure a policeman or assailant cannot remove their bodycam when convenient. If only we had some way of keeping the cam attached to the clothes, like if I took needle and some thread...................

they would have to be water proof or at least dry cleaning resistant. I am not sure how dry cleaning works though.

I read an article saying she approached the driver side window of the police vehicle in her pyjamas, When the cop sitting in the passenger seat fired across through the drivers side window killing her. Sounds like a case of the cop being startled and trigger happy. She was an Australian milf too, goddamn tragic.

Body cams were off though? wtf is that about. These cops are incompetent as all hell.

Where was the other officer? That makes no sense if he was in the driver seat...

Where was the other officer? That makes no sense if he was in the driver seat...

Both officers were sitting in the police vehicle, the one who fired his weapon was sitting in the passenger seat and aimed at the woman who was standing outside the driver side window when she approached the car in her PJ's. That's what I read anyway, it could very well be bullshit but we'll see.

the grassy knoll.

This story makes little sense so far. If it was a violent situation or somebody pointing a gun at people, it would still be a bad shoot if the report is accurate--but we could at least understand why the cop went full retard, but as is, I don't know.

This is why i don't call cops when things get screwy. Sort your own problems out, maybe call the cops for clean-up.
Or hire private security, and get real professionals on the job.

Love how every person in this thread is replying like they were sat in the back of the cop car when he pulled the trigger.

By the way:
Why don't they just reveal the version of events the 2 cops would have given their superiors.

And release the report of the investigation once it concludes.

By the way:
Why don't they just reveal the version of events the 2 cops would have given their superiors.

And release the report of the investigation once it concludes.
because they still have to come up with some bullshit that justifies shooting her.

Not much to say until we know more.

However it sounds like it will be very hard to justify this shooting.

Talking to a student of mine that's a cop and he said they are having trouble getting people now that they have to keep and try and fix people they would have washed out as rookies not long ago.

I wonder if the cop was a rookie.

Back