Woman to be hanged for blasphemy in Pakistan

What? Is stoning really better? I disagree.

Hanging, at least, is relatively quick and should leave few marks, allowing an open casket funeral. By contrast, stoning takes a long time. Especially if the stone throwers are weak or have bad aim. It's far more painful for the blasphemer. That means it's less humane. LAstly, the bruising and broken bones reduces the chances for an open casket.

I don't get the outrage.

depending on how its done....

The obvious answer is to import more of these misunderstood men and expose them to European culture

Time to change them hearts and minds

I is angry that I was left off that list

What’s a cuck gotta do to get his opinions misrepresented by a Trumplican??????

I'm quite sure Pakistan is one of the worst. Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan might be worse.

SA and Pakistan are in their own league and worse than Iran as far as human rights / sharia crap goes. Iran = not good, but those two are hell (with SA showing some improvements and Pakistan going in the opposite direction).

LOL at right wingers wanting to claim that leftists support the shithole that is Pakistan.

There is a big difference between hating people and hating cultural traits.

I’m ok with saying I hate the people marching and those that support this in any way

SA and Pakistan are in their own league and worse than Iran as far as human rights / sharia crap goes. Iran = not good, but those two are hell (with SA showing some improvements and Pakistan going in the opposite direction).

Well, hard to argue between bad, but building Christian churches etc is illegal in Iran. At least there is some Christian practicing community in Pakistan.

By now it’s pre obvious we picked the wrong horse in this Sunni-Shite shitstorm

Time to say it like it is Trump

Well, hard to argue between bad, but building Christian churches etc is illegal in Iran. At least there is some Christian practicing community in Pakistan.

That’s true, it’s not easy to split out bad, one can try by looking at bunch factors.

Starting with SA, they don’t allow any public worship on non Islamic religion, the internal suppression of dissidents is even worse, and they are sponsoring international Wahhabism. Basically everything that is bad about Iran but on steroids. It’s only redeeming factor is that it’s leadership would like the country to be something else.

Pakistan has a few more shades of grey because on paper it is a democracy. In realty it is rapidly descending. Parts of it remain advanced, but it has a huge ass backward country side that is basically talibanesque and this element has tenticals reaching throughout the entire country. So Pakistan might be better in some ways but if only if you are in the right part of the country and it’s decaying.

Iran at least gives its Jews and Christians some freedom to worship and representation in its sham legislature. There is no burka, it’s a more mild form of Islam, even if it’s a hard nose authoritarian theocracy.

It’s safe to say that the US animosity with Iran is driven more by history than it being a worse regime.

They seem dirty.. So, irony.

I mean, they are flocking to majority Christian countries in droves. Do we at least see how they feel when the majority? Does evolving a tolerant, decent society really mean you are destined to crumble? I hope not.

LOL at right wingers wanting to claim that leftists support the shithole that is Pakistan.

There is a big difference between hating people and hating cultural traits.
What a gem.

They only support mass immigration from Pakistan. What could go wrong? If you have forgotten what has already went wrong then there is no hope for you.

What a gem.

They only support mass immigration from Pakistan. What could go wrong? If you have forgotten what has already went wrong then there is no hope for you.

Who supports mass immigration from Pakistan?

That’s true, it’s not easy to split out bad, one can try by looking at bunch factors.

Starting with SA, they don’t allow any public worship on non Islamic religion, the internal suppression of dissidents is even worse, and they are sponsoring international Wahhabism. Basically everything that is bad about Iran but on steroids. It’s only redeeming factor is that it’s leadership would like the country to be something else.

Pakistan has a few more shades of grey because on paper it is a democracy. In realty it is rapidly descending. Parts of it remain advanced, but it has a huge ass backward country side that is basically talibanesque and this element has tenticals reaching throughout the entire country. So Pakistan might be better in some ways but if only if you are in the right part of the country and it’s decaying.

Iran at least gives its Jews and Christians some freedom to worship and representation in its sham legislature. There is no burka, it’s a more mild form of Islam, even if it’s a hard nose authoritarian theocracy.

It’s safe to say that the US animosity with Iran is driven more by history than it being a worse regime.

A guy visited my church yesteday who just met with Christian representatives of Christian colleges in Pakistan in a summit of sorts.

I agree it is devolving there, or at least has been. I think there might be a resurgance of sorts semi-underground.

It is my understanding that the majority of Christianity in Iran is underground too. Apostasy is illegal there, punishable by death. I'd say it is very similar in actuality to Saudi Arabia (different as far as Sunni and Shia though).

Yet I hear right wingers always say "but but the middle east treats people like shit, why can't we do the same?"........."OMG she dates minorities!!!! White Genocide!!!! Lets stop the immigration of blacks/browns so we can keep our white women and our way of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You people are basically the same in a way.

A guy visited my church yesteday who just met with Christian representatives of Christian colleges in Pakistan in a summit of sorts.

I agree it is devolving there, or at least has been. I think there might be a resurgance of sorts semi-underground.

It is my understanding that the majority of Christianity in Iran is underground too. Apostasy is illegal there, punishable by death. I'd say it is very similar in actuality to Saudi Arabia (different as far as Sunni and Shia though).

Yeah Pakistan has a dualism to it but one side of it is prehistoric. In Iran being a Jew or Christian is definitely not illegal. They have official recognition as a minority and even representation in govt. That’s not to say they live free of persecution, they may even have it worse than Jews in Iran. Christians have more numbers, are growing in Iran, and there is higher propaganda value to treating Jews well in Iran.

It’s hard to explain but the drivers are a bit different in Iran. The Theocracy is in official control, they set the agenda, and as a result of the maturity of the regime it actually sees some benefit in restraint. Know your place and you are left alone, sort off. In places like Pakistan and SA, the theocrats are not officially in charge, they are a massively powerful faction that is using the levers at its disposal to increased power and influence. That’s leads to some extremely divisive and obsense behavior in the name of whipping up jihadist sentiment. Then there is the whole issue that Sunni Islam is just much more puritanical than Shia.

What a wonderful, magnificent country, and such a peaceful, tolerant religion. And people still can't understand why us sane people don't want this vicious, evil cult spreading in the civilised world. But leftists like @Rational Poster, @MayhemMonkey, @helltoupee, @HomerThompson, @Kafir-kun, @luckyshot, @Trotsky, @tonni, @M3t4tr0n, @Fawlty and the rest, defend the spread of this virus in the West.

Leftists are the ones critical of Wahhabi nations like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Egypt.

Persons like you are lumping them in with "all Muslims are bad Muslims" and sticking your fingers in your ears about the fact that the United States and your daddy Donald are continuing to prop up these countries, encourage and subsidize the spread of extremist ideology, and ignore calls to oppose them by their electorate.

But, yes, you're right. If there were thousands of Pakistanis who were in danger of immediately dying and needed refuge, I would want to grant them refuge into the United States, despite this. I am a terrible person for this, I know.

Back