Woman who shot boyfriend dead in YouTube stunt sentenced to six months in prison

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A Minnesota woman who fatally shot her boyfriend in a stunt they hoped would go viral on YouTube has been sentenced to six months in prison.

Pedro Ruiz, 22, had asked Monalisa Perez, 20, to shoot him with a gun from about one foot (30 cm) away. He thought the 1.5in (4cm) book he was holding in front of his chest would stop the bullet from hitting him. Instead it killed him as the couple's three-year-old daughter witnessed the incident and Perez was pregnant at the time with their second child.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...death-monalisa-perez-pedro-ruiz-a8257411.html

The dumb girlfriend was sentence to 180 days in jail. She will serve 30 days a year for the next 6 years.

The dumb boyfriend left behind two children who will be better off without him.

Gaaaaaaawd damn that family is doomed.

Charles Darwin some where tickled pink.

Kids hit the genetic lottery huh?

Both parents are dumber than the chick that thought buffalo wings were from real buffalo.

Didn't she use a Desert Eagle? How could you think a thin ass book would stop a bullet. Unreal

And why would you not shoot a book of the same size like I dunno 1,0000 times first to test it out?

HJC man....

I'm not a gun guy, but how was it even possible a chick like could even fire a .50 desert eagle without hurting herself? Aren't there kick back issues?

474d267214be19f659bf8cbd61842bfd

Point blank range...for likes. Or maybe he just wanted to die.

Gaaaaaaawd damn that family is doomed.

Charles Darwin some where tickled pink.

Kids hit the genetic lottery huh?

Both parents are dumber than the chick that thought buffalo wings were from real buffalo.
She has custody which makes me think how shitty the grandparents must be.

Dude was apparently about to take a test to be a railroad supervisor before he died. I think maybe a potentially bigger tragedy was averted.

Didn't she use a Desert Eagle? How could you think a thin ass book would stop a bullet. Unreal
And even if they were certain the book would stop it, she still could’ve jerked the trigger & missed the book. Not smart

If youre dumb enough to think a book is enough to stop a bullet shot from 30 cm out, you dont deserve to live.

Not sure there's any justice in this. While she was dumb to go along with it, I wouldn't call her actions criminal.

I'm not a gun guy, but how was it even possible a chick like could even fire a .50 desert eagle without hurting herself? Aren't there kick back issues?

474d267214be19f659bf8cbd61842bfd

Point blank range...for likes. Or maybe he just wanted to die.

My sisters son has one and the kick isn't to bad. 500 Smith & Wesson is 50cal and kicks like a mule.

This is so stupid that I can barely believe that it's real...

I'm sad that it is though.

A Minnesota woman who fatally shot her boyfriend in a stunt they hoped would go viral on YouTube has been sentenced to six months in prison.

Pedro Ruiz, 22, had asked Monalisa Perez, 20, to shoot him with a gun from about one foot (30 cm) away. He thought the 1.5in (4cm) book he was holding in front of his chest would stop the bullet from hitting him. Instead it killed him as the couple's three-year-old daughter witnessed the incident and Perez was pregnant at the time with their second child.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...death-monalisa-perez-pedro-ruiz-a8257411.html

The dumb girlfriend was sentence to 180 days in jail. She will serve 30 days a year for the next 6 years.

The dumb boyfriend left behind two children who will be better off without him.

I don't personally think she should do any time for this. But I also don't know every detail of the case.

Being stupid should be a crime, but it isn't.

Not sure there's any justice in this. While she was dumb to go along with it, I wouldn't call her actions criminal.

With her having kids and them losing their father im not sure that it does society a lot of good to throw her in a cage either.

Sometimes accidents happen or people do stupid things but the intent matters . I dont think this moron likely to ever shoot another person

I do kind of wonder how someone could be so dumb as to think to take a magnum round at point blank or why they didnt do some test runs. I would think if you are going to pull a stunt like that that a lot of prep should go into it

I have always thought that the desert eagle is a morons gun

He asks her to shoot him, she complies and goes to jail? How is that justice?

just deputize her and say she thought he was pulling a gun or something

Back