Women's marches around the world rally against Trump, sexual misconduct

I can get on board with questioning AI. I mean, a completely alien intelligence based on inorganic operations without a body to speak of so it does not have a built in understanding of our self preservation motives? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with such an intelligence living within the devices that keep us from regressing back to the iron age?

and it could trick us at any level. We like to think we are more ethical than ancient greeks for example, but we aren't. as MLK said, our technological power has overcome our spiritual power. We are deluded into thinking that technology makes us better people. The Walking Dead. Shit show. But good point. The most dangerous things in this zombie world is not zombies, it is the few remaining humans left.

“Once the state has been founded, there can no longer be any heroes. They come on the scene only in uncivilized conditions.”
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

That is where you show what you are made of. I took an instant liking to Musk. Which is rare for me. Finally somebody saying what I would say. I had a voice.

oh, here is a video of gates and musk. Musk and Gates are discussing like theory of mind and cognitive science. Zuvkerberg has blind hope.

I think people are more concerned about their own country.

There are Muslims in this country too.
And human atrocity, especially gang rapes on a wide scale like in India should concern everyone...and far more important than big bad evil trump

and it could trick us at any level. We like to think we are more ethical than ancient greeks for example, but we aren't. as MLK said, our technological power has overcome our spiritual power. We are deluded into thinking that technology makes us better people. The Walking Dead. Shit show. But good point. The most dangerous things in this zombie world is not zombies, it is the few remaining humans left.

“Once the state has been founded, there can no longer be any heroes. They come on the scene only in uncivilized conditions.”
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

That is where you show what you are made of. I took an instant liking to Musk. Which is rare for me. Finally somebody saying what I would say. I had a voice.

oh, here is a video of gates and musk. Musk and Gates are discussing like theory of mind and cognitive science. Zuvkerberg has blind hope.

Only a quick comment as we're heading into derailment territory.

Only in this weird and bipolar place can we start talking about a womens march and end up on the topic of AI. Lol

Um, we do classify animals and prioritize them based on population. We try to save the most endangered animals first.

And women are not oppressed in America. Not more oppressed than black males for sure.
there are different levels of disadvantage.

I can get on board with questioning AI. I mean, a completely alien intelligence based on inorganic operations without a body to speak of so it does not have a built in understanding of our self preservation motives? Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with such an intelligence living within the devices that keep us from regressing back to the iron age?

You know that biggest challenge of AI is just that. They can make computers who beat Kasparov at chess. Let them try to make a right fielder or athlete like that. That is the most difficult part like you said. Evolution has honed it for milions of years. Seriously, it is easier for a computer to be the best chess player in the world than it is for them to play right field. lol.

Only a quick comment as we're heading into derailment territory.

Only in this weird and bipolar place can we start talking about a womens march and end up on the topic of AI. Lol

I am a known derailer of topics. I expand things to where I think they should be

There are Muslims in this country too.
And human atrocity, especially gang rapes on a wide scale like in India should concern everyone...

You want women to protest Muslims in our own country? I don't think Muslims in our country are doing anything to warrant being marched against across the country. I think a "March against Muslims" would be pretty random and alienating, just like a, "March against Hasidic Jews" would be ridiculous, even though they are abusive and controlling with their wives.

Atrocities around the world should concern everyone, but let's be honest, if people marched on their behalf the same group would be shitting on them and making fun of them. People can't even ask the police questions about shootings without a thread being made to ridicule them. When celebrities band together to raise money for problems overseas, they are called fake and made fun of too. I'm not sure what good deeds people are supposed to do that will not draw ridicule.

You know that biggest challenge of AI is just that. They can make computers who beat Kasparov at chess. Let them try to make a right fielder or athlete like that. That is the most difficult part like you said. Evolution has honed it for milions of years. Seriously, it is easier for a computer to be the best chess player in the world than it is for them to play right field. lol.
Way, way fewer variables in chess that even interpreting a paragraph in a book without proper context. That's not quite the right way to phrase it, but point being that adding a physical dimension amounts to almost infinitely more variables.

Way, way fewer variables in chess that even interpreting a paragraph in a book without proper context. That's not quite the right way to phrase it, but point being that adding a physical dimension amounts to almost infinitely more variables.

It also shows how that is not a real measure of intelligence. We can make a computer do complex math problems.

You are talking about meaning. Wittgenstein. What is meaning? How is it created? Through a shared experience. You and I both live as humans. We have a shared experience. Wittgenstein says no matter how much logic you use, you are not human. Skinner made a great point about AI. all we are doing is kicking the can down the road. AI will tell us nothing about ourselves. It merely transplants our logic into another thing. It is like a mirror. It tells us nothing.

b-f-skinner-quote-the-real-question-is-not-whether-machines-think-but.jpg

You want women to protest Muslims in our own country? I don't think Muslims in our country are doing anything to warrant being marched against across the country. I think a "March against Muslims" would be pretty random and alienating, just like a, "March against Hasidic Jews" would be ridiculous, even though they are abusive and controlling with their wives.

Atrocities around the world should concern everyone, but let's be honest, if people marched on their behalf the same group would be shitting on them and making fun of them. People can't even ask the police questions about shootings without a thread being made to ridicule them. When celebrities band together to raise money for problems overseas, they are called fake and made fun of too. I'm not sure what good deeds people are supposed to do that will not draw ridicule.
Why must we conflate ideologies with their followers? I'm a liberal and accept criticism of liberalsm when they act out or if there's a fault in logic. Why not accept criticism of Islam? Oh, I know, because it's the most impactful illiberal ideology in the limelight currently.

If anything westernized Muslims should be as outspoken against the poisonous practices (fgm, homphobia, intolerance) amongst some of their membership as a growing number of liberals are against the same (antifa, intolerance, biology denial) in our midst. To conflate members with the clubs they belong to confers a protected status. No bueno if you ask me. Ideas should, nay, they must be scrutinized, and criticized when found to be wanting. That's the foundation of progressive thinking.

I am trying to contact her and be friends on Facebook. I think she would be interesting just to talk to to. But she is above that. No friend requests accpeted.

"This person has reached the friend request limit and can't accept any more."

It also shows how that is not a real measure of intelligence. We can make a computer do complex math problems.

You are talking about meaning. Wittgenstein. What is meaning? How is it created? Through a shared experience. You and I both live as humans. We have a shared experience. Wittgenstein says no matter how much logic you use, you are not human. Skinner made a great point about AI. all we are doing is kicking the can down the road. AI will tell us nothing about ourselves. It merely transplants our logic into another thing. It is like a mirror. It tells us nothing.

b-f-skinner-quote-the-real-question-is-not-whether-machines-think-but.jpg
We have attempted, and largely succeeded in whittling "intelligence" down to bare bones meaning. For example aving high EQ doesn't get as much attention and applause as some academic working on dusty isoteric problems shut off from the world. Knowledge isn't the same as problem solving or understanding and navigating our surroundings. As you alluded to intelligence is multy faceted. At least in my opinion.

Why must we conflate ideologies with their followers? I'm a liberal and accept criticism of liberalsm when they act out or if there's a fault in logic. Why not accept criticism of Islam? Oh, I know, because it's the most impactful illiberal ideology in the limelight currently.

If anything westernized Muslims should be as outspoken against the poisonous practices (fgm, homphobia, intolerance) amongst some of their membership as a growing number of liberals are against the same (antifa, intolerance, biology denial) in our midst. To conflate members with the clubs they belong to confers a protected status. No bueno if you ask me. Ideas should, nay, they must be scrutinized, and criticized when found to be wanting. That's the foundation of progressive thinking.

So, are you proposing a march against the tenets of Islam? I'm confused about what you guys are saying here. It seems like anytime somebody marches, protests, or whatever, a group of people show up to say, "They shouldn't be protesting that, they should be protesting this! What hypocrites!" I think it gets old. Yesterday women did a pro-life march. I don't remember much outrage.

So, are you proposing a march against the tenets of Islam? I'm confused about what you guys are saying here. It seems like anytime somebody marches, protests, or whatever, a group of people show up to say, "They shouldn't be protesting that, they should be protesting this! What hypocrites!" I think it gets old. Yesterday women did a pro-life march. I don't remember much outrage.

It's not about protesting, it's about modern feminism in general. They try to ally with groups that are inherently incongruent and seem to be fighting the easy, less important fight. It makes them look dumb and not genuine in their approach to feminism.

4109wINP_Linda-Sarsour-007_850_593.jpg

I'm not gonna say that i wouldn't.

Good. Hopefully they stay organizing and registering voters. The Republicans need to be swept from office before it's too late.

lol, it was dumb shit like this that pushed more undecided voters to Trump. I seriously hope they keep it up.

eventually the only safe place to live and raise a family will be new england states that are 99% white for some reason.

i think its the weather. people are nicer in cold weather, people are asshats in hot or temperate climes.

The abortion issue is settled. No amount of marching is going to change that. At least I hope that's the case. So as with most issues that the old school right complains about I think it's cute, but ineffectual.

I'm not asking for a march against Islam. I'm saying an Islamist such as Sarsour organizing a womans march is hypocrisy of the highest order. And people support this? Think about it - this self-proclaimed feminist is willing, and has, thrown women under the bus if they so much as criticize Islam. She's dressing up an anti-Trump (I wouldn't have problems with that) march in feminist clithing. The enemy of my enemy is my friend equation doesn't work in this case. That people are so willfully readily deceived is beyond me.

4109wINP_Linda-Sarsour-007_850_593.jpg

I'm not gonna say that i wouldn't.

Exactly. That is one tough woman. Most men can't handle her. But I think I can. Put me in coach. lol. I like Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd for the same reason. Madonna too. They are tough.

Back