Womesn flyweight is developing quickly as a weight class

The next TUF is probably the last one. Women's 145 and Men's 265.
Why you bring PVZ as a good fighter and not the girl that beat her? Same for Eye..
It seems these are the fighters you like or at least know, not the good ones.
I just noticed no one calls HW 265. It looked weird.

Interesting trivia: There is a Super HW category (+265) and the UFC has put on 1 fight there. Josh Barnett and Gan McGee at UFC like 30 something (looked it up 28).

I just noticed no one calls HW 265. It looked weird.

Interesting trivia: There is a Super HW category (+265) and the UFC has put on 1 fight there. Josh Barnett and Gan McGee at UFC like 30 something (looked it up 28).
I knew about the SHW division but not about Barnett-McGee being one, do you have any idea how heavy they were at weigh ins? And yeah no one calls it like that, probably because people forget there's a limit, a very stupid limit tbh.

You are correct, but quantity doesn't always equate to quality.

Well, given that there are a large number of fighters with a great deal of experience as well as others moving up and down from two other weight classes, the law of averages alone speaks well of the class. Then, looking at the records and skills of those involved also speaks well of the class.

Well, given that there are a large number of fighters with a great deal of experience as well as others moving up and down from two other weight classes, the law of averages alone speaks well of the class. Then, looking at the records and skills of those involved also speaks well of the class.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Class/Women_Flyweight

Look at who is involved on the roster, take note of the champ and who she beat to establish the belt in this newly minted stellar division.

The fighters in this division are recognizable yes, because I had to sit through some "interesting" fights right in the middle of a PPV while the UFC were trying to establish WMMA, so don't pretend that suddenly moving a bunch of people to a new division makes them the premier division in the UFC. It'll be relatively competitive though because each of them are on roughly the same skill level, but it doesn't mean that their skill set will magically blossom overnight or anything.

Which I don't. :cool:

I just think it's amusing that Rondaweight is almost obsolete now.
That's not coincidence. And well, to WMMA fans that's no surprise either. It's a well known fact that before Zuffa jumped at the WMMA boat with Ronda, 125 was more stacked than 135. But considering that Ronda couldn't make 125 and didn't wanted to fight Cyborg at 145, UFC opened 135 and never opened 125 to avoid the talent moving down. As soon as Ronda retired (not officially, but still), they did the right thing, what they should've done many years ago and opened 125. Give it a few years and 125 will be more stacked than 115 and than any other division by miles.

Valentina is always getting praised for having fought up at 135, those other small girls Carmouche, Davis, Chookagian, Murphy, Eye, Evans-Smith, even Roxy not so much.

Potentially one of the most shallow divisions on the roster.

Not at all. Just the opposite, in fact. Right now it's shallow because it has just started, but the potential pool of fighters that can fight at that weight is huge (for wmma). Give them time, a good champion and a high-profile rivalry (Valentina-JJ cannot come soon enough) and before you know it FLW is going to be a very compelling division.

Valentina is always getting praised for having fought up at 135, those other small girls Carmouche, Davis, Chookagian, Murphy, Eye, Evans-Smith, even Roxy not so much.

Well the obvious difference is Valentina looked great at 135, while these other girls were at most gatekeepers (e.g., Carmouche) and at worst absolute cans (e.g., Eye) as BWs.

That's not coincidence. And well, to WMMA fans that's no surprise either. It's a well known fact that before Zuffa jumped at the WMMA boat with Ronda, 125 was more stacked than 135.

Well known? Let's hear some of these well known 125ers.

You're making things up because Strikeforce didn't even have a flyweight division.

Keep 115lbs and scrap the rest.

They need to do a TUF in Korea or Japan and bring in some Asian gals.

I would love a TUF Korea, with KZ and Dooho as the coaches, all Korean women, at 125 lbs.
Most of the WMMA Asian market is Atomweight, which doesn't exist in the UFC.

Well the obvious difference is Valentina looked great at 135, while these other girls were at most gatekeepers (e.g., Carmouche) and at worst absolute cans (e.g., Eye) as BWs.

Shevchenko is definition of gatekeeper as 135 lbser, you can't come closer than her.

I think you are being very generous with your assessment OP.

It's better than the UFC's 145 division, I can say that as a fact.

Back