WONDER WOMAN 1984 (First Look at Pedro Pascal's Character)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Update: July 25, 2017

Warner Bros. Sets Dec. 13, 2019 Release Date for WONDER WOMAN Sequel

[​IMG]

It's official: Gal Gadot will return for a Wonder Woman sequel, which has received a release date from Warner Bros.

Wonder Woman 2, the follow-up to this year's superhero hit, will hit theaters Dec. 13, 2019.

Talks with Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins to return are ongoing, and she has not officially been announced as being aboard the project.

Gadot will next appear as Diana Prince in November's Justice League, alongside Ben Affleck's Batman, Jason Momoa's Aquaman, Ezra Miller's Flash and Ray Fisher's Cyborg as the DC superhero dream team.

Wonder Woman is holding better than any superhero film in more than 15 years at the North American box office. It has grossed more than $389 million at the domestic box office to date and passed Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 over the weekend.

So far, Wonder Woman 2 is the only release slated for Dec. 13, 2019. The date announcement comes a week after Warners set dates for a number of mystery films, including an untitled DC movie for Feb. 14, 2020.

'Wonder Woman 2' Sets December 13, 2019 Release Date

BearGrounds and Myrddin Wild like this.
  2. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: August 17, 2017

Patty Jenkins Returning to Direct WONDER WOMAN Sequel in Historic Deal

[​IMG]

It’s been over two months since Wonder Woman opened to a staggering $103.2M and went on to gross close to $800M worldwide for Warner Bros. (with Japan yet to bow). The movie, directed by Patty Jenkins, re-invigorated DC movies and the studio itself. Now Jenkins is returning to the director’s chair to helm the second film in the franchise that she was so instrumental in starting.

Last month at Comic-Con, the studio confirmed both a sequel with Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot and a release date of Dec. 13, 2019. However, curiously, there was no deal with Jenkins. Why the delay? Because Jenkins — who was lauded repeatedly during the Women in Film Crystal Awards this year by several of its nominees — expects to be paid substantially more and the same as a male director would receive after such a box office coup. That desire was seconds away from becoming a reality on Thursday evening as a deal was being finalized which would elevate her as the highest-paid female director in town.

And why not? Wonder Woman shattered several glass ceilings at the box office, including the best opening ever for a title by a female director and the best global haul for a live-action film directed by a woman as well as the third-highest grossing film in Warner Bros.’ history (behind only Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight series).

Although no payday was revealed, Deadline understands that her payday and deal is in line with any other director who has performed at this level. A studio source said they were “confident the deal will be reached soon.”

Typically, according to sources, a frosh director on a comic book movie gets $1.5M to $3M, while a director in the realm of Zack Snyder (who is helming DC’s Justice League) received $10M against 10% cash break even for his second DC film Man of Steel. (That’s usually paid out as 20% during pre-production, 60% during production, 10% during post and 10% following).

Jenkins burst on the scene with the critically acclaimed indie film Monster in 2003 — she wrote and directed while Charlize Theron won Best Actress — then directed a number of TV episodes for such shows as Entourage and The Killing before she was hired on for Wonder Woman. She handled the female super-hero film with a deft hand. Wonder Woman will go over $800M worldwide soon as it opens in Japan on Aug. 25.

Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’ (Exclusive)

3. Ikuza

Ikuza Brown Belt

Congrats on her making lots of money. Possibly.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  4. One MMA Fan

One MMA Fan #1

Good, let her get payed she deserves it.

WW was a good movie, I had fun with it and I'm interested in another part.

5. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

Jenkins and Gadot should definitely both make a shit ton for the sequel.

Just hoping that the film is on par with the quality of the first. I've heard they want Pine back and that could get hokey really quick, even if he's only playing a relative of Trevor's.

6. Myrddin Wild

Myrddin Wild Lets enjoy our time together!

I loved the movie. Part of the charm was in her introduction & back story... so am a bit skeptical that a sequel would be just as good.

Great backstory, love story, fights Hades. She was shown to have tremendous power which is alwayz nice in a super hero movie. The way her powers were revealed to the other characters was sweet. She goes from the simple secretary look to full on god super hero... awesome!

Skeptical the sequel does as good... as the backstory & first time in civilization waz a big part of the charm of this movie. Hard to beat Hades as the big bad... unless he comes back. The love story waz nice too... so do you follow it up with her falling in love again? I dunno.... but we'll see. They got a lot of her powers to work with... & just hope they make a story worthy of them.

Dragonlordxxxxx and One MMA Fan like this.
  7. Spoken

Spoken Silver Belt

I bet Jenkins is signed to make money off the box office haul, which essentially promises her even more.

One MMA Fan likes this.
  8. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Black Belt

Can Jenkins just take over the DCU?

Dinotective and Jesus X like this.
  9. JBSchroeds

JBSchroeds The Lizard Knight

I think they might be able to pull it off with a story involving Hades and/or The Underworld. I'd like to see Pine back (I thought he and Gal had excellent chemistry), I just hope if they do it they manage to do a good job with it.

Dragonlordxxxxx and ufcfan4 like this.
  10. Dragonlordxxxxx

For years I've been saying in here that a Wonder Woman origin movie would be a success if they use George Perez's origin story in the comics as a blueprint (which they did).

But I am skeptical also that the sequel will surpass the original movie.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  11. Dragonlordxxxxx

I like your idea. The Hades/Underworld scenario is the perfect way to bring back Steve. On one hand, I would rather they let Steve rest in peace. On the other hand, I want to see more of the two of them since they have great chemistry.

12. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: September 11, 2017

Patty Jenkins Officially Set to Return as Director WONDER WOMAN Sequel

[​IMG]

Patty Jenkins is returning for Wonder Woman 2.

After an unusually lengthy and tough negotiation, the director has closed a deal with Warner Bros. to helm, co-write and produce the sequel to the movie sensation of the summer.

The deal is precedent-setting, making Jenkins the highest-paid female filmmaker in history, though getting to this point was “challenging,” according to one source.

Jenkins came on to Wonder Woman as a replacement for director Michelle McLaren, who left the project over creative differences. But she became an indispensable figure and, along with star Gal Gadot, the face of the movie in the months before its June opening.

But Jenkins only had a deal for one movie.

When the film became an immediate hit, lassoing over $103 million in its opening weekend, Jenkins and her camp found themselves in a very enviable position. Negotiations began for her return after that first weekend but dragged on even as the movie showed remarkable staying power, becoming a true (and rare for summer 2017) phenomenon. The pic grossed over $402 million domestically and has topped the $800 million mark worldwide.

Sources say Jenkins will receive directing and writing fees in the high seven figures (think somewhere in the $7 million to $9 million range) on Wonder Woman 2 but, more significantly, will have a considerable backend. (At her peak, filmmaker Nancy Meyers earned in the $5 million range, according to sources.)

The deal is a superheroic leap for Jenkins, who was paid $1 million for directing the initial Wonder Woman but was looking to get something more on the level of Zack Snyder's pay after he helmed Man of Steel, according to sources. Just as Wonder Woman broke barriers for superhero movies, Jenkins' deal breaks a glass ceiling for women directors.

Gadot already is attached to the follow-up, which Warner Bros. has dated for Dec. 13, 2019.

'Wonder Woman' Sequel: Patty Jenkins Officially Set to Return as Director

GtehMVP, Myrddin Wild, Marfa and 7 others like this.
  13. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

It'll be interesting to see how much of the movies tone will be different now that Snyder won't have influence, the weakest part of Wonder Woman was the action scene against Ares in the Final Act which felt out of place from the rest of the movie and felt more in line with B v S , and that's not a compliment.

14. One MMA Fan

One MMA Fan #1

Wow she got very little for the movie.. that made them bank.

Good for her she has secured a way better deal for the next one.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  15. Dragonlordxxxxx

I've always said in the past that a Wonder Woman movie would be easy to make because the origin story has already been laid out by George Perez in the classic 1987 comic book reboot and the 2009 animated movie.

But I am not that confident in a sequel. I have a feeling it'll be just short of good.

Loiosh, One MMA Fan and heavyarms21 like this.
  16. heavyarms21

I don't know of any classic Wonder Woman stories off the top of my head , outside of a fairly easy to work with origin most of the prominent stuff with her is in am ensemble, unless they want to go ahead and have her Murder Maxwell Lord.

Myrddin Wild and Ikuza like this.
  17. Dragonlordxxxxx

I hope we get to see Cheetah and maybe Giganta.

Left Hook Lacy, Ikuza and heavyarms21 like this.
  18. heavyarms21

I'm down for Cheetah bit I would also like them to Utilize Darkside's Furies with Granny Goodness and Barda before Barda becomes good.

19. Dragonlordxxxxx

I like the potential, similar to what they did with Superman/Batman: Apocalypse animated movie.

20. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Silver Belt

I don't think they should go there with WW now she might be there most epic property.

I think they should use her maybe two more times at best in her own films and then maybe 2-3 in ensemble movies and her character should really play a superman type role but without the goody, goody pants on.

They have established her as a God killer and need to keep her at that level and fighting Cheetah or others that level will take her down too many notches.

I think it would be great to see the ensemble putting everything into beating god tier foes, then Superman holding back and she just steps past him and finishes the foe while Supes looks on dumbfounded and maybe says something like 'we had him beat already' to which she replies 'yes, I assured it' as she dismisses him and his way of dealing with that level of threat.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    GtehMVP, dog y and Myrddin Wild like this.