WONDER WOMAN Movie Thread v.1 (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Woman is literally a feminist icon. Women of my mom's generation really found empowerment from the character, and she broke a lot of tropes about women being powerless. It's really not that complicated.

Lol at women moaning about being, "powerless". You've already got half the money and all the pussy in the world, ladies. What more do you want?:)

Then what would you say the reason for an all-female screening of a superhero movie is? Honest question, not trying to be a smartass or start a war.

I don't really give a shit that this theater is doing this because it's clearly a publicity stunt, but I'm lost on the double standard.

Whoever owns the theatre thought it was a good idea.

We are all talking about it and they've sold out a bunch of these screenings so looks like they were correct.

Sorry, I guess I just have to disagree with some of this. In a country where people HAVE to serve someone regardless of race/religion/identity or risk getting run out of town (among other things), this whole celebrating pride via exclusion seems just the opposite and it's lost on me. You could say "It's not that big a deal / it's not that complicated", but if it's not a big deal then why not just let dudes show up? Let everyone celebrate an icon of womanhood instead of telling someone they can't come because of how they were born.
Are you going to be okay? Would you like a coloring book?

Cavil is too short, too built, and too stale an actor to play Supes.

You need someone that can pull off powerful yet vulnerable. And that isn't Cavill.
Cavill is 6'3".

His lack of accessibility as Superman is due to being relegated to playing dour and morose. He's too English an actor, so he plays more towards contributing to the story rather than mood. This type of actor services the narrative rather than elevates the material.

Are you going to be okay? Would you like a coloring book?

Cavill is 6'3".

His lack of accessibility as Superman is due to being relegated to playing dour and morose. He's too English an actor, so he plays more towards contributing to the story rather than mood. This type of actor services the narrative rather than elevates the material.
Henry Cavill aint 6'3

Henry Cavill aint 6'3
Sorry, 6'1".

Elizabeth Debicki is 6'3", and I know that's a weird thing to confuse but:

2AC65E6C00000578-3172017-Stunning_The_26_year_old_pictured_with_co_stars_Henry_Cavill_and-m-80_1437655311191.jpg

He's not a little man.

Nah, I've got your mom. I appreciate your concern though.
You're welcome! Let me know of any other theaters outside of your area giving you trouble. We'll get to the bottom of this!

To think Ronda thought she could be WW. Gal Gadot is pretty gorgeous.

Hey hey easy there, playgirl. Don't be saying my first name like that or you'll get KO'd easily, by any of us.

Gee thanks internet tough guy. Don't you have a thread to write about your "sweet cream" sitting on some guy's lap?

I was ambivalent about this movie at first but now my interest is piqued. I legitimately want the DCEU to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back