Wonderboy wants oblique kicks banned - blames them for MCL Tear

Timed jabs can fracture your orbital
Knees can fracture your skull
It’s a fight man, there are a lot of strikes that can end a career, eez normal.

...No. There is no similarity between knocking someone out and throwing a bitch ass kick designed to essentially maintain distance and hyperextend someone's knee, and your dumbass comment simply implies that you don't comprehend the difference.

If it's legal Wonderboy should start using them. I think with his background he'd be better at using them in MMA than anyone else.

This^^

Not only that, but a dude with one of the best kicking games should know how to defend and counter basic kicks. This is huge in the “point-fighting” game, counter-kicking.

How often do knees fracture your skull. Now think about how often oblique kicks do permanent damage to the person's knee ligaments etc.?

Is there a difference?

At this point it's a case of if the person throws oblique kicks and wants to do some nasty damage with them, they will and probably will succeed.

People have died and gone blind from boxing so should we ban punches too? According to you numbers don't matter at all right? It's all about if the move has the potential to do something.
Mvp vs cyborg

There is something kinda vicious about them. I stomped a guys knee in during my last fight and i felt very squeamish about it. Felt dirty
Last guy who ran his mouth about my family got beat up and I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders

I really don't think MMA would miss them if they're gone. It's a dirty move.

If you like dirty moves and wanna bring up that weak, tired "why don't we ban punches, too?"
Why don't we unban groin strikes and headbutts? Those are strikes.
That's why ivc was the best

You'll probably survive to fight another day though. I suppose Miesha survived getting her elbow bent backwards vs. Ronda, but she doesn't use her arms for walking unless she walks on her hands.
Yes, "probably." And how many people have gotten so injured by oblique kicks their career was ruined?

...No. There is no similarity between knocking someone out and throwing a bitch ass kick designed to essentially maintain distance and hyperextend someone's knee, and your dumbass comment simply implies that you don't comprehend the difference.

jon-jones-trolling.png

Exactly, knocking someone out is far worse than throwing a perfectly legitimate kick that has almost no chance of causing career ending damage.

There's also alot of illegal strikes tho. 12-6 Elbows etc. There's a reason shit is banned

There's also alot of illegal strikes tho. 12-6 Elbows etc. There's a reason shit is banned

joe-rogan.jpg

The reason why 12-6 elbows are banned is because of late night karate videos on espn back in the day where, they would perform a 12-6 elbow on a block of ice and the commissions banned them because of that.

Jamie, pull that up.

joe-rogan.jpg

The reason why 12-6 elbows are banned is because of late night karate videos on espn back in the day where, they would perform a 12-6 elbow on a block of ice and the commissions banned them because of that.

Jamie, pull that up.
Joe Rogan isn't gospel

It's a dirty tactic to try to injure someone's knee and compromise their life and career, its too effective for what is basically a jab with the leg, the move absolutely can and will be banned in the future after more high profile injuries happen, i.e. lets see if they don't ban it if someone tears Conor's MCL with oblique kicks.

I think Wonderboy is the first high profile guys to call for it to be banned. People like Rampage have complained about it but weren't as public or I could be wrong.

Yeah I want them banned too , the one Conor landed on nate looks fucking nasty. These guys aren’t paid enough , let’s not limit their future earnings based off tuff guy knowledge . U need ur knees and back to fight

Complaining because it feels like his opponent is actually trying to hurt him in a cage fight? <23>

Someone did tell him he's not doing Tae Kwon Do, right?

Last edited:
"This strike was effective against me in a fight I lost. They should ban it." - Wonderboy
Ben Rothwell was PISSED about Overeem doing it, and he knocked Overeem out. And that was without getting hurt by it (not sure they actually landed)

Let's fucking do it. Headbutts into head position for wrestlers would he killer.
I would not mind a good groin strike now and then.. It would spice up the fights a bit.

I guess it's settled, then. Make it happen Ari Gold.

The reason I like MMA is to see the best techniques is unarmed combat. They should bring back stomps and head butts, not take away more weapons.

Agreed, there’s a myth in TMA circles that this move is easier to execute than it is.

If it was easy it would be the most common strike in the UFC which it isn’t.

Back